Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES snow report winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
pippivixen wrote:
Glad to hear the snow is still good, I am flying out tomorrow for another short trip with Mountain Sun and I am really looking forward to it. Very Happy

How long you out for? Jam Bar closing night/pi$$-up tomorrow. I'll be there & in Alpaka tonight (& now!).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its finally stopped snowing and the sun has come out to play. Very Happy

Lovely snow, blue skies and lots of sunshine. Very Happy I went skiing for the first time this season without wearing a hat Very Happy and saw lots of marmots for the first time this season. Spring is finally here Cool Madeye-Smiley

The snow conditions are great, and not too many people about Very Happy Time to work on the suntan at last Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll be out 1-4th May. Will be flying solo so if anyone is out there and fancies a ski...

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 5-05-08 10:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Marmots were out under the Palafour chair lift last week - they had a nasty shock with the weather at times as well Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just back (well at 3.00am!) had a brilliant time and regained all my lost confidence from my November trip. I didn't realise how many blues there were and almost feel disappointed I didn't get to do them all, but I found the slush in the afternoon a bit much for my tiring legs. Blush I couldn't get over how hot it was yesterday and despite putting lots of cream on, I now resemble Rudolph with a glowing red nose Embarassed

The food and hospitaility with Mountain Sun was as superb as ever and I look forward to a return trip next November, hopefully with my Daughter in tow.

I take it the Marmots were the funny animals scuttling about Puzzled not seen one before.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward wrote:
Quiet a few snowheads about in Tignes & Val D although i seem to keep missing some of them in the Alpaka, my apres ski dosen't start at 3.30 like some snowHead wink

That would have been us on at least one day, to be fair we'd taken the grls over to Fornet and back and they were tired. The beer in the Alpaka went down very well and Rach declared it her favourite venue of the week

CP wrote:
Marmots were out under the Palafour chair lift last week - they had a nasty shock with the weather at times as well Shocked

We saw the marmots under the palafour too, Mrs NBT nearly weed with excitement, especiaslly when she then saw a hungry eagle circling over them looking for some lunch
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blazing sunshine today. The pistes getting very slushy below 2100m in the afternoon (and heavy runs down to le Lac at the end of the day). Tignes glacier snow brilliant. Alpaka a happy bar after Chelsea's win.
Jack's bar closing bash tonight, Loop bar's on Wednesday & Yeti's on Thursday (all in le Lac).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So things are warming up considerably?! I arrive next week 3rd, for a whole week, but sounds like nothing will be open?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hodude wrote:
So things are warming up considerably?! I arrive next week 3rd, for a whole week, but sounds like nothing will be open?

The links to Val D close on the 4th May but the majority of lifts in Tignes will be open untill the 11th May Blush

It's still pretty busy in resort this week with another French holiday wink and the French bank holiday being on Thursday so lots of Frenchies will no doubt be up for a long weekend.

It has been snowing above 2300 today Blush but unfourtunatly a little rain has fallen in the village this afternoon Sad The skiing though is still good, especially if you ski the slopes once the sun has softened the overnight freeze.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stewart woodward, Thanks for the reassurance! Am really looking forward to the trip!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello Hodude:

Have you sorted your Tignes digs yet?

Just that if you do want our place you'll need to confirm urgently as we leave for Tignes first thing on Thurs & would still need to sort key/payment etc.

Cheers!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict, have PM'd you.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rain, turned to snow at 2100m yesterday/last night. Lovely fresh snow on the glacier today, with the sun out. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kenzie wrote:
Rain, turned to snow at 2100m yesterday/last night. Lovely fresh snow on the glacier today, with the sun out. Laughing

Lovely fresh snow on the nursery slopes this morning as well Little Angel Little Angel Still teaching with only 2 weeks of the season left Blush

Been to Mountain Sun BBQ this afternoon in Le Boisse, lots of locals enjoying the sunshine & food Blush More BBQ's planned this week with the ESF BBQ friday afternoon which should be a boozy affair wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Palafour was rather icy first thing this morning, which was a bit of a shock to my kids who had only previously skied on soft snow wink but the good side was there were lots of Marmottes to look at from the lift Blush
Decided to quickly change to Paquis & a trip to Val Claret which was much softer, although a little windy & snowy at the top Little Angel

It's been snowing on & off all day and is settling slightly in the village Blush Should be a good day tomorrow to introduce the kids to more POWDER & a little more off piste wink
snow report
Fresh snow & blue skies today - the season just goes on & on. snowHead
ski holidays
Blazing sunshine all day long & great but variable snow conditions Laughing

Managed to complete my week with the French kids, who all passed their exam today Little Angel The French take the tests much more seriously than the brits and the parents await for the results with bated breath wink

The ESF BBQ was at lunchtime before the afternoon lessons so it was orange juice for me Sad but lots of spicy sausages Very Happy

The afternoon was spent on the nursery slopes which were pretty slushy towards the end of the afternoon but great for my suntan Laughing Laughing
snow report
Another great late season day - blue skies, sun; snow variable, but still excellent on the Tignes glacier & good on the Val D glacier.
snow report
Well this morning was my last lesson of the season, unless the phone rings later today wink so now there's just a few days left to enjoy the snow & great sunshine Blush Blush

The slopes are virtually deserted with only a few tourists & locals about plus lots of marmotts Blush
Some of the English ski team are here doing a bit of late season training.

In Tignes Le Lac they are having to dig out the tennis courts for the summer, the snow is still some 1.20m deep on the courts, whilst the fairways on the golf course are just becoming visable Very Happy Who said it wasn't a good season wink

The contractors have started dismantling the Tufs lift in Val Claret which is to be replaced with a 6 person high speed chair for next season. Not sure if this is good news as lots of people enjoyed an afternoon siesta on the Tufs chair after a couple of glasses of vin rouge at lunchtime Confused
snow conditions
'Just' the glacier & the runs off it to Val Claret open ie over 1300m non-stop vertical!. Sunny, warm (hot?), blue skies & hardly anyone on the slopes - bliss!
Happy birthday TC, see you in your bar tonight (if you can still see!).
snow conditions
Yesterday was one of those end of season days Little Angel ;

Full English breakfast in the Alpaka with a group of friends Blush

Skied 10.30 - 1.30 with a quick coffee/beer break Blush Great snow, still and some very nice spring skiing off the side of Genepy & Double M Laughing

Lunch on the L'Escale Blanche terrace, more wine than food Little Angel wink

Dinner with another couple of friends in Val Claret before a night cap in a local bar Little Angel

God it's a tough life Cool Cool
ski holidays
stewart woodward, my kind of day Very Happy
Thanks for your reports over the season and indeed for the instruction you arranged.
ski holidays
stewart woodward, well after a long hard winter you deserve it. Thanks again for great lesson in January and all the snow report. Hope you have a great summer Very Happy
snow report
Conditions the same today as yesterday. Can there only be one day of the season left?
snow report
stewart woodward, Also want to extend my thanks for teaching my wife to ski, she had an excellent time! She's hooked, and wants to come back to Tignes with me in Dec, so hopefully you'll see the both of us! Have a great summer! Simon.
ski holidays
Well it's just about all over, currently cleaning apartment & discussing which ferry to catch back to blighty Sad

Skied on Sunday, the last day of the season, but the weather was not great with low cloud/snow showers covering parts of the glacier Sad

REFLECTIONS ON THE SEASON

1. We had lots of early snow in November/December & it's continued all season Little Angel Little Angel I think this seasons snow has been better than last year and the off piste has been much better due to the continual top ups Laughing

2. February half term weeks were GREAT, lots of sunshine & great skiing for all the families Little Angel Little Angel

3. This years varied holiday weeks, due to a very early Easter, certainally helped spread the peak periods out. Ski schools were still very busy & next year could be a nightmare for lessons at Easter.

4. The £/€ exchange rate has obviously not helped many holiday makers but it should ensure that the local bar owners do not increase their prices for next season Laughing

5. Managed my usual tours of European ski areas this season and have skied in the following places;

- France, Espace killy Little Angel , Les Arcs, La Rossiere (why so many drag lifts?) wink
- Italy, Sestola, Great food Little Angel
- Germany, Garmisch, scary cable cars Sad
- Scotland, Nevis range, sorry guys after all your write ups about the great snow it was disappointing
- Switzerland, Zermatt, have to go once a year to buy Mrs W some chocolates rolling eyes

Have been to the states a couple of times in previous years but still need to do Jackson Hole, maybe next year Puzzled

Need to get back to the cleaning so that's all for now folks, see you all next SEASON Blush Blush

p.s I think its only 5 weeks to the 21st June when the glacier opens for the summer season & the nights start to draw in once again NehNeh
snow report
stewart woodward, thanks for the season-long reports. Much appreciated Smile
ski holidays
Echoing ROb, thanks Stewart. Shame we missed you, but there's always next year Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward, welcome back to the UK - which probably by the time you arrive will be cold, wet and windy. Ah, back to reality and proper job eh? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Sounds like you've had a great season - as others have said, thanks for your reports and photos - er, whoops wink
snow conditions
stewart woodward wrote:
- Scotland, Nevis range, sorry guys after all your write ups about the great snow it was disappointing

When did you go Stewart, were the back corries not open or was the overhead weather grotty? Too much time in the sunny alps Wink
snow conditions
roga wrote:
stewart woodward wrote:

When did you go Stewart, were the back corries not open or was the overhead weather grotty? Too much time in the sunny alps Wink

I was there in late-Apr and conditions were very good. White mountain and blue sky Very Happy

Although, a week later, the snow had slushed away and the weather was gash Confused
snow conditions
Im off to boot camp 30th Nov!!!! Bargain £119
let it snow snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy