Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES snow report winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
george owen, Try Crystal, they're the only people we found flying from up north this late in the season. or. Jet2 into CHambery from manchester
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sunny all day, cold in the morning, but warm in the afternoon & apres-ski. Pistes in great condition, especially given the time of the year!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kenzie, Second that, everything was in great nick today.
Skied Pisteurs though ( OK I know its in Val D'I,,,) and most of it was in great nick...good soft 'sloughy' snow, but the top 40m had been side-slipped into a 165cm wide trench, making it definitely a bit tricky for anyone with more reasonably sized skis... Confused
Reckon conditions will be a bit more spring-like tomorrow though, definitely some refrozen slush in the shade late this pm...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowing again this morning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Day off today but meeting friends at 9.00 am, going to check out Fornet trees & off piste areas for next weeks clients Blush (Good excuse for a blast)

Looks like more snow Tuesday/Wednesday so should be another great week Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward wrote:
Snowing again this morning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Day off today but meeting friends at 9.00 am, going to check out Fornet trees & off piste areas for next weeks clients Blush (Good excuse for a blast)

Looks like more snow Tuesday/Wednesday so should be another great week Laughing

Excellent news Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
More snow overnight Very Happy Very Happy

The last few weeks have been like a dream, fantastic snow overnight & clear bright sunny days Very Happy Very Happy not sure when i will wake up but this morning is another dream day Very Happy Very Happy (Groundhog days Puzzled )

It's pretty cold this morning so the new snow is soft & powdery Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not long now.....nbt, did try Crystal but they only had flights to Finland? next weekend. Kinda shot myself in the foot by hanging on just a bit too long to get a late deal. Did the same a couple of years back and ended up flying from Gatwick Embarassed . Have now booked a deal with Mark Warner to the Aguille Percee (almost opposite the Alpaka Cool Cool Cool ) flying from Birmingham. Roll on Sunday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . Seems to be forecasting snow/mixed weather up to next weekend.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
george owen, Shame you've booked, we've one space going spare it runs out!
stewart woodward, you;re like my own personal good news fairy Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Table D'Orientation on Sunday. Rather soft and fluffy, as was loads of other stuff...awesome conditions...

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nbt, Kind of you to offer but there's no way i'd have escaped on a solo skiing trip rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes T'other half has an even greater addiction to skiing than me Shocked We skied the last week of the season in Tignes a couple of years back and had every kind of weather. Snow for about 3 days on and off then warm blue sky days. Too much sun for some. Couple of cases of bad sunburn and a bit of sunstroke for a couple of guests in the chalet we were in. Looking forward to a great week. We nip into the Alpaka most nights and usually bump into Stewart. May see you in there. Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt wrote:
stewart woodward, you;re like my own personal fairy Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
george owen, We'll certainly try to nip down - we're over in Val Claret but the bus is easy enough Smile

I skiied Tignes on 30th April on the original EOSB. 22 deg celsius on the glacier!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowing again as I sit in the Jam Bar typing this.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Please tell me that isn't rain I can see on the webcams this afternoon Shocked .
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh gosh it's gone very quiet in here since the 'rain' post Shocked

Can any of the 'locals' say what is forecast for next week at Tignes from Monday?

We are out for a week based at La Lac on a cheap(ish) Mark Warner deal.

Cheers snowHead
latest report
CP, Snap. Aguille Percee?
snow conditions
CP, george owen,

Spent most of this week with clients in Val D where it has been raining the last couple of afternons in the village Sad

I am realiably informed that it has not rained in Tignes Le Lac but it has been pretty wet snow.

In the next couple of days the temperatures are due to drop and more snow is forecast Blush

As they say ' The best snow is to be found on the upper slopes ' wink Laughing
snow report
stewart woodward, Cheers Stewart. I don't suppose you know if there's a sale on up at Nevada sports. Was thinking of treating myself to some fresh boots Very Happy
snow report
george owen, Snap is right - look out for old balding bloke with 12 year old ( SP ) maniac on skis, we both have snowHead stickers on our ski helmets.

I will be found very adjacent to the bar most evenings.

See you there maybe
snow conditions
stewart woodward, thanks for the news

george owen, I can't really see there being a sale on at Nevada, they only really sell boots and have a very good rep for it (I got mine there last year). Worth it though, transformed my skiing
snow conditions
nbt, Frank? at Nevada sorted my partner Claires boots out last year. Transformed her skiing also.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Weather forecast for next week is not looking too shabby snowHead

http://www.tignes.net/GB_meteo.html
snow report
Back from a week in Tignes. Had various weather from sunny and cold to quite hot and cloudy (it was 9 degrees up on the glacier on thursday, I believe). Had a lesson in powder conditions up on the lesse black (from funital down to the left) on wednesday but was almost raining back in Val Claret. Skied Sache yesterday which is still open down to les brevieres but horrible slush for the last bit.

On leaving resort this morning the temps had dropped enough for it to snow down past les brevieres to below 1500. I'm sure the locals have been out enjoying the better conditions today! Very Happy
snow conditions
Skiied top of glacier today - above the clouds. A foot of great new snow. Everywhere much better today. snowHead
snow conditions
Beautifull cold morning with a blue blue sky Blush Blush

Yesterday was a great day with lots of new snow. Skied all day from 9.00am untill 4.00pm with just one quick stop for a sarnie. Skied throughout the espace killy and whilst the viz came & went the snow was outstanding. Some great tree skiing in La Daille & Le Fornet (yes we do have trees) and lots of offpiste all over Blush Need to plant a new tree in the summer as i destroyed a small one in Le Fornet. It was either the small tree or hit a big one which would have hurt me Madeye-Smiley

The Foret & S bumps were challenging as they could not be seen most of the time rolling eyes

Well must go now as Mrs W wants to go skiing. It is sunny afterall wink
snow report
stewart woodward, have a good day. I also hit a couple of trees yesterday, although they were big 'uns and I still hurt. Off for a bumps lesson now. More pain!
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
stewart woodward, have a good day. I also hit a couple of trees yesterday, although they were big 'uns and I still hurt. Off for a bumps lesson now. More pain!

Rob Focus on the 'Gaps' wink
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

Rob Focus on the 'Gaps' wink

I try to but the trees keep jumping out in front of me. I'm sure it's a bloody conspiracy.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Excellent blue sky day. Resort typical weekend quiet!! snowHead
Lots on this week for those out, including loads of live music 17th-20th (TignesFest).
snow conditions
I dragged Stewart off the sofa to go skiing. Very Happy Blue skies and sunshine after a week of changeable weather, it was just too good to miss. Very Happy
We skied around the espace killy and the snow was awesome Toofy Grin

I don't remember conditions being this good so late in the season, places that usually get rocky and patchy, such as the red down Fontaine Froide, were in superb shape.

No queues and hardly anybody on the slopes Madeye-Smiley

We went down to Val D several times, using Orange, Santons and Piste "L", and although the snow at the botton was a bit suggary it was nowhere near slushy. Laughing

More snow forcast for tomorrow and low temperatures and more snow through next week. Laughing
ski holidays
It's snowing alot.

Alot.. Shocked
snow conditions
coming out tomorrow . It sounds great .... I can't wait
ski holidays
Slightly off the snow forecast topic but does anyone know if the bus transfers will run up to Tignes Val Claret from Bourg St Maurice as late as 2nd May and back down on 6th May. If anyone can point me in the direct of a website/timetable. I've tried Altibus but it doesn't seem to let me select those dates.

Thanks
Liz
ski holidays
After Monday & Tuesday being white-out snow days, today was a blue sky day with GREAT fresh snow. Resort all white (usually brown with white stipes at this time of year). Everyone on Loops sunterrace apres-ski had BIG smiles. snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Oh wow! Excellent! Hope it stays until 1st week of May!
ski holidays
Nice clear skies this morning after some light overnight snow Little Angel More snowforecast this afternoon and over the weekend Laughing Laughing

Quiet a few snowheads about in Tignes & Val D although i seem to keep missing some of them in the Alpaka, my apres ski dosen't start at 3.30 like some snowHead wink

Yesterdays snow conditions were excellent with winter like snow which only turns a little sugary late in the afternoon on the final runs into resort Blush
ski holidays
stewart woodward, it certainly shouldn't start at 3.30 unless there's a white out.

I noticed that a new snowHead joined us yesterday - Alpaka Lodge. Must try and get back to the place one of these days as enjoyed staying there about 4 years ago.
snow report
POWDER POWDER POWDER Laughing Laughing Laughing

BLUE BLUE SKIES Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel

Time to go wink Very Happy
latest report
Yesterday was a blue sky day, with fresh, unbashed powder on the pistes. Also live music on the Loop terrace apres-ski, as part of the TignesFest. Today overcast, but the resort fully open, though the lower slopes suffering from the warmer temperatures.
snow conditions
Glad to hear the snow is still good, I am flying out tomorrow for another short trip with Mountain Sun and I am really looking forward to it. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy