Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Karbon wins first Alpine Skiing race of season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The opening race of the Alpine Skiing World Cup season today was won by Denise Karbon (Italy) in a two-run combined time of two minutes 23 seconds. Julia Mancuso (US) was second and Kathrin Zettel (Austria) came third in the race held in Solden (Austria)....Results:

1 15 KARBON Denise ITA 1:09.97 1:13.24 2:23.21
2 7 MANCUSO Julia USA 1:10.79 1:12.75 2:23.54
3 4 ZETTEL Kathrin AUT 1:11.54 1:12.19 2:23.73
4 5 POUTIAINEN Tanja FIN 1:09.80 1:13.98 2:23.78
5 46 WORLEY Tessa FRA 1:11.44 1:12.52 2:23.96
6 9 JACQUEMOD Ingrid FRA 1:10.79 1:13.26 2:24.05
7 14 PAERSON Anja SWE 1:11.17 1:12.96 2:24.13
8 1 HOELZL Kathrin GER 1:10.59 1:13.67 2:24.26
9 12 MOELGG Manuela ITA 1:11.00 1:13.31 2:24.31
9 10 GOERGL Elisabeth AUT 1:10.53 1:13.78 2:24.31

See: http://in.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idINIndia-30192120071027?rpc=401&
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks, but we're not going to have results in thread titles for the televised races are we ? (I often Sky+ and watch later)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jerry, Behave!! Don't look Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jerry, it wasn't a "televised race" in Barnsley rolling eyes even if you are posh enough to have Sky +. You have to have ORF. (No, I didn't say have it ORF Shocked or have D G Orf, it's some sort of foreign telly.) Whatever. We won't see the Austrian races here in Britain because the Austrians are evil and obviously hate us even though we have no ski racers anyway near as good as theirs but we did win the war. Evil or Very Mad

(No offence to any Austrian reader. I know you're the very nice exception.)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Poor Chemmy though
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/winter_sports/7065333.stm
Quote:
Brit Chemmy Alcott was in a career-best 11th after the first run but she failed to finish the second leg of the race.

She crashed out when her left ski popped off for no apparent reason.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
maggi, we don't even get ORF here in Munich Sad And since there is some kind of fight going on between RTL, who own the rights now, and ARD, who had the rights last year, nothing has been televised here either Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oy! maggi, that's why I said "for the televised races"
Watch it, or I'll put you in the boot to L2A Wink Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well the SF2 coverage of the mens is sitting on my recorder right now and I would appreciate it if nobody gives the game away
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nessy, you're in luck then because the thread for that race doesn't give the title away in its name.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What Sky channel is the skiing televised on?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hornster, If you've got digi, British Eurosport channels 410 & 411, or on the old sky analogue, it's still on normal Eurosport, free (Not the GB feed, German ads and so on, but usually same coverage) (Neither for the Austrian races though)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jerry, cheers for the info. I remember that British Eurosport covered a lot of the skiing events last winter whcih was great but I was hoping to watch some of this weekends events but couldn't find any channel showing any skiing other than some cross country skiing on Sunday.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy