Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

P60RC to replace P10RS?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Should I go for it? They have them for 429 euros at http://www.sportexpressonline.de/ which was recommended on this forum. That's under £300 for what seems a close modern equivalent to my trusty P10s.

A bit of background. The P10RS is a GS race ski which I bought in 1992 after demoing lots of skis while working a season. Then, as now, I only wanted one pair of skis for the whole mountain but stability at speed and edge grip were what I least wanted to compromise on. I think they have now done about 20 weeks, are probably good for a few more, but I do fancy entering the 21st century!
The longest P60RC in stock are 178 but I think that should be about right - my old skool P10s are 195 and I'm 5'8, about 160 pounds.

The alternative would be waiting until I get to Zermatt at Easter and demoing a few before I decide. I might then decide I prefer a different P60, 6*, 5* or even something not made by Volkl. But I think I'd pay a lot more.

PS This is my first post - great site!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Andy, welcome to snowheads, my view is that you should try as many different skis as possible in the resort.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Andy, for someone of your weight, I'd be thinking of a 160-165 length ski - 178s are way over the top! I'm about 20lb heavier, (and 4" taller) and have 179s for powder and 176s for piste, and I'm contemplating buying 168s for piste.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the feedback gents.
I probably will go the demo route but am tempted by saving +/- £200 on these 2004 skis that may be virtually identical to what I end up buying.

As for the length, that model is intended to be skied a bit longer. It goes up to 188. To be honest it would be quite a culture shock going down to 178 never mind any more. But I checked the Snow+Rock chart which said 160 for my weight, plus 10 for ability, plus 5-10 for freeride/GS. So 178 seems about right.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Andy Levett, welcome. I think it's probably my post you saw about SportExpress and I guess I may be the only one here to have used them so far. I'm quite happy but I've only bought the one pair of skis from there.

I'd been able to test the same ski before buying and I'd recommend you trying to do the same personally.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy