Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania ski rental

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to La Tania for New Year and need to rent skis etc for the group.

Has anyone any views/experience on using Ski Higher themselves, or using them (cheaper) through people like skirental4less - apparently this means you get a different stock as the shop is acting as the agent for skirental4less.

The alternative seems to be the Ski Wave shop direct or via skiset.

We're mainly beginners and early intermediates, mixed kids and adults, so not really too demanding.

Of course the Ski Higher in chalet service sounds appealing because then we can settle in on the Sat afternoon & get things sorted rather than be down the shop with no doubt a lot of other recent arrivals.

If you pre-book over the internet does it actually make any difference to the speed of service in shop on what is no doubt a busy afternoon (Sat 29 Dec)?

Thanks in advance - I can't stop thinking about the trip now, just wish time passes quick and snow falls thick.

SteveM
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SteveM,
We use Ski Higher in one of our chalets and have always found they offer a good service. Ski Wave can also be good but as you are arriving on the busiest day of one of the busiest weeks I am sure you will have a long wait. As there is going to be a lot of snow and very cold temperatures that day, standing in a queue for any length of time is not going to be much fun.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We used ski higher too - no complaints
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not going to help here....

I used ski higher towards the end of last season and all the skis seemed a little beat up and they fitted the wrong size boots on my friends 7 year old...but I haven't tried the other ski shops which is why I'm no help really..but I won't be using them this year and will go to Ski wave..Sideslip maybe be right about the Ski wave shop being busy though and the beat up skis could have just been the time of the year..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cfc5mu0 wrote:
I'm not going to help here....

I used ski higher towards the end of last season and all the skis seemed a little beat up and they fitted the wrong size boots on my friends 7 year old...but I haven't tried the other ski shops which is why I'm no help really..but I won't be using them this year and will go to Ski wave (for my wife and daughter as I have now got my own skis Very Happy )..Sideslip maybe be right about the Ski wave shop being busy though and the beat up skis could have just been the time of the year..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whoops tried to edit my post and fell at the first techno hurdle Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for the advice. I reckon I'll give SkiHigher a go.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy