Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Fitness

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I i'm in a bit of a "pickle" if you like! I started skiing very young and reached a high standard fairly quicly-i enjoy throwing my self down chutes, over moguls, off bank country jumps, but theres another problem, i also enjoy sitting down in the bar at the end of a hard week at work. Result:not as fit as I used to be! I am worried for the coming season that I will not be at a good state of fitness-doing a season in Banff and am looking for suggestions as to what i can do to get rediculously fit very fast! I work 21 hours a week and finish at around half 10 in the morning so have the whole day to do "get fit".

Cheers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do a triathlon. Gets you very fit, excellent cross training across most muscle groups and cardio. Mountain bike one if possible, upright riding position helps.

I've done triathlon for three years, am as fit as I have ever been for skiing and have no muscle soreness when I go, and I go hard. However wanky that sounds.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My brother is an elite triathlete.. i don't know how he does it, he's doing ironman
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
why didnt all of that post!! anyhoo i live in scotland, the closest thing we have here to triathlons is sheep-unless you drive! in saying that my driving test is next week, so we'll see Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rossfra8, ok so you need a good blast of cardio and some conditioning work.

For cardio try the below 3 week training program for a sub 50 min 10k. Soon whips you into shape.

http://www.time-to-run.com/training/10k/sub50.htm

For muscle conditioning go to

http://getfit.com.au/html/excercises/

Use the links for body parts to pick your excercises.

I would suggest:

Day 1: Chest + Shoulders + Triceps (pushing excercises)
Day 2: Back + Biceps (pulling excercises)
Day 3: Legs

Daily : Stomach.

Hope that helps.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy