Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski bags

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following on from the luggage thread
Up till now I have always carried two sets of skis in one bag and paid the one charge for it without problems
On they way back through Salzburg at the ski check-in last winter someone was getting sever grief for the same though they checked mine in without a problem.
I could not tell which airline the guy was flying with.
Is this the start of another way for some airlines to generate more income?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have always flown with two sets of skis in one bag, although have sometimes paid the supplement for two sets when we know will be picked up e.g. on Ryanair etc.

Often fly with a non no-frills (is that frilly?) carrier though so they're not always as vigilent.

D

PS we fly in and out of Salzburg about a dozen times a year.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know Easyjet's policy is the ski carriage charge is per set, no matter if they're in the same bag.......but do they check that is the question
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No they dont. I can get 3 sets in my ski bag, just under the 20kg. Have done this a few times with EJ. No problems. Leaves 12kg for rest of my allowance. Anything over is shared among family bags.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This seems as good a place as any to put a heads-up on Air Canada, if you're using them this winter. They used to have a 1 pair skis + 1 pair boots = 1 bag rule in economy, so you could effecively take three bags each without excess charges. Now however they are counted as seperate items.

You can now take 2 bags per person, each with a maximum of 23kg. Eg for a couple: 2 pairs of skis in 1 bag (total 14 kgish), 2 pairs boots in 1 bag and 2 suitcases for the rest (23kg each). Need to check this on the phone.

This safely leaves in the region of 8kg for pair of fat pow skis in my conveniently sized 3-ski bag, though, if I happen to be passing a bargain Very Happy

For what it's worth euro flights have always charged per pair, not per bag, as far as I recall.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone got any good ideas for a bag that will take 2 adult skis under 175cm + two kids skis under 130cm + poles .I reckon I could squeeze 3 sets in my existing bag,but I am determined not to incur that extra carriage charge.
My understanding is that with most cheapy airlines the ski bag needs to come in under 20 kgs with extras spread, out amongst family members asshockingmoment, has already mentioned.
Where do boot bags come into the equation ?Do we get fleeced for another £5 per bag or try and put them in the main suitcases?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fly be scan your ski bag at check in and charge for extra skis
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy