Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Racing from Solden on TV this weekend??

Poster: A snowHead
I wanted to set my Sky+ to record the weekends skiing from Solden- slight problem- its not on Eurosport . Looked at their website (not user friendly at all) and no mention of any skiing. Is it to early in the season, did I miss it or is it Eurosport notorius bad schedule listnings??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Louis, Apparently the Austrian races are not covered by Eurosport - you'll have to get an old SKY analogue system and watch on German channel ZDF unfortunately Sad (Although just checking it seems some of the German channels don't have coverage either)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hywel wrote:
Louis, Apparently the Austrian races are not covered by Eurosport - you'll have to get an old SKY analogue system and watch on German channel ZDF unfortunately Sad (Although just checking it seems some of the German channels don't have coverage either)

It's not on, according to the ZDF website, and you wouldn't believe the garbage they have on instead. So no coverage in Deutschland, either. Season opener not televised? I hope someone at the FIS lost his job over this.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ami in berlin, Is it on another channel ? I was wondering if it was going to be on the one that picked up the TDF coverage.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ARD, the Austrian national TV channel has an exclusive right to broadcast all the races held in Austria.
This agreement with the Austrian Ski Federation expires in 2010.
Now, other TV stations start to approach the Federation to take over the rights from 2011.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
When does Ski Sunday start again?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the_aliasskier, January! Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't know 'bout Ski Sunday but C4 on the 18th Nov.
Ridiculous that we cant see the opening weekend
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Channel 4 started coverage the week after Levi last year - channel 4 is miles better than ski sunday!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
not sure, and don't have time to check right now but there may be some live streaming on the net somewhere
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's on SF2 (Swiss) if that's any use to anyone
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM wrote:
not sure, and don't have time to check right now but there may be some live streaming on the net somewhere

I looked for this last season but couldn't find anywhere that did netcasts of live WC races to the UK. The closest I could get was FIS timing and live text-based commentary on Eurosport.com
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rjs wrote:
ami in berlin, Is it on another channel ? I was wondering if it was going to be on the one that picked up the TDF coverage.

It's on neither ZDF, ARD nor German Eurosport, which are the only German channels I can think of that would carry it.

kerekip wrote:
ARD, the Austrian national TV channel has an exclusive right to broadcast all the races held in Austria.
This agreement with the Austrian Ski Federation expires in 2010.
Now, other TV stations start to approach the Federation to take over the rights from 2011.

Isn't the Austrian national TV channel ORF? ARD is a German station. So are you saying that ORF has exclusive rights? What kind of sense does that make? Why would an Austrian station want to prevent a broadcast in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter? And what genius at the FIS would ever agree to such a thing?

Whatever. Bottom line: no TV.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ami in berlin, you are absolutely right, it is ORF. Embarassed

ORF is stongly against any whole European coverage such as Eurosport. Also they do not allow to broadcast the race in any other German speaking countries where ORF is available.

Alpine skiing in Austria is the most wacthed sport event. According to the data, it is more popular than football WC or even Olympic Games.
The Hahnenkamm-Rennen (Kitzbuhel race) has been the most popular sport event on TV for a long time.

As far as I know, the national ski federations own the TV rights, and the Austrians sold it exclusively to their nationwide TV. It is possible that they make separate agreements with other channels that mean no threat to ORF's interest.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is this what you're looking for?

http://web.wcsn.com/schedule/main.jsp
http://web.wcsn.com/schedule/index.jsp?s=34032&e=fis_sched2
ski holidays
geetee wrote:
Is this what you're looking for?

http://web.wcsn.com/schedule/main.jsp
http://web.wcsn.com/schedule/index.jsp?s=34032&e=fis_sched2

If you want that you'll have to fake your IP address (to disguise your geographic location) as they don't netcast to countries outside North America (they don't have the broadcast rights to do that).
latest report
rob@rar wrote:

If you want that you'll have to fake your IP address (to disguise your geographic location) as they don't netcast to countries outside North America (they don't have the broadcast rights to do that).

Sorry - I should have read the T's & C's a bit more closely
ski holidays
Swirly Damn I thought it was earlier! Sad
snow conditions
rob@rar, Yes, but the site was handy to get a list of dates that I have printed out and pinned to my notice board as a reminder.
snow report
Louis, unfortunately IMO the TV channels view skiing as a minority sport. The everyday joe bloggs won`t even think about winter sports until December time.. possibly why the TV channels don`t show much if anything till that time. Good on CH4 for starting in Nov. I was away all last season so didn`t see their coverage. I caught it a couple of years ago and was quite impressed with the enthusiasm of that Nick Fellows guy (apologies if I spelt his name wrong). snowHead

--- nothing beats the ski sunday theme tune though.
ski holidays
No substitute for TV but I'll be watching the timing clocks on www.fis-ski.com - go to live on line. Ladies start at 08:45 UK time tomorrow. Chemmy starting 20 something.
ski holidays
That's really annoying! I've specially had eurosport re-added to my ntl for this week-end ready for the season starting.
ski holidays
Eurosport certainly covered every World Cup race (and jumping, cross-country, biathlon etc)) last season. Hope they haven't changed their policy.
latest report
snowball, Eurosport haven't had coverage of Austrian races for the last few years, if it's of any help, in France those races are shown on Sport +
snow report
The snowboarding from Solden was on last weekend on Eurosport/
snow conditions
can this not be watched by viewing swiss/austrian tv thru the internet?

something like this link?

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://wwitv.com/television/index.html?http://wwitv.com/television/200.htm
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy