Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet baggage allowances - the facts! (Read before you fly!)

Poster: A snowHead
FenlandSkier, we had no problems, just checked in online and put the cases on the belt.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well I got through to a person and they said that I only had to pay the £15...
If i get a response to my email and it doesn't mention anything about weight allowance I'll follow up and find out if the £15 covers 12kg or 32kg and let you all know...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,
mountainmad, I'm new around here and sorry for dragging up an old thread but did you get a definate answer to this. I'm booking our flights from edi-munich just now and need to know the same for 8 of us.

"Well I got through to a person and they said that I only had to pay the £15...
If i get a response to my email and it doesn't mention anything about weight allowance I'll follow up and find out if the £15 covers 12kg or 32kg and let you all know..."

many thanks

joe
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I paid for ski carraige when i just flew with easyjet - I dumped my 2 bags on the scales at the same time, 25kg, was asked if my big bag was snowboard, it was, and everything was fine.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ta rayscoops, so you only paid the £15 each way and not the £3.99? Interesting...

joe
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
joe1978, if you booked your flight before a certain date there is no baggage charge. (I think it was early August)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I tend to pack everything into my ski bag and take my boot bag on as hand luggage. Never had any trouble with it before but now I am going to have to call the Airport!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
joe1978, that's right. the £3.99 is for the hold backage within your allowance, the £15.00 is a separate charge for your skis.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On the way to the Atomic bootcamp in November I was asked by the check-in Girl at Bristol if my ski bag contained one pair of skis or two. I said it contained two (it's a double ski bag). The weight of the skibag came to more than the 12kg but when combined with my main bag I was still under the 32kg. She said I should have paid for two pairs of skis but that she would let me off this time.

Anybody had this?

I'm planning on removing the bindings of both pairs of skis next time (they're the rail mounted type) and putting the bindings in our main bag and both pairs of skis in a single ski bag. We'll see what happens then!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've always been pretty clued up to easyjets little idiosyncrisies (sp?) until this year with the two level charging. I've always paid my sports carriage charge, filled my (board) bag to 32kg and smiled and waved at the check-in staff.
But like montainhead I can't figure out if I have to pay £3.99 then £15 to get the 32kg limit. I know it's only £8 return but there's 8 of us and thats a good few beers off the kitty! Cool

I'm confused Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

joe
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
joe1978, from what i've picked up so far you pay £3.99 each way for every item of standard luggage that you put in the hold of the plane.

The Sports equipment supplement already includes this £3.99 charge so .....

for one standard item of luggage and one ski bag you'll pay £3.99 and £15 each way.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
joe1978, I did book the flight ages ago, ski carraige paid for, free hold baggage. It must have changed Shocked

edit - just checked and they are now charging for hold baggage, but if you can fit everything in your wheelie board bag and be under 32 kg (they will not allow anything heavier as a single piece of baggabe irrespective of allowance) which you should just be able to do, you should be ok ande not need any hold baggage. Hand baggage subject to size is free so put heavy objects in the your hand luggage (bindings)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Charlatanefc wrote:
Just use Thomsonfly. 25kg normal baggage, plus 25kg for your ski's for £15 each way Wink

Pity they only fly to Salzburg of any use Sad

they fly from doncaster sheffield airport to geneva.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
"Thank you for your email.

I am pleased to confirm that the ski carriage which you have paid does still include the carriage of your ski boots "

Direct from Easyjets customer services - so £15 for your boots in a boot bag and one pair of skis in a ski bag
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ropetow, yip, that is how it is generally considered over the last year at snowHead , but now if you want your normal luggage bag in the hold as well you must pay extra £3.99, so ski bag + boot bag is £15, one hold bad £3.99 each, one appropriate sized hand luggage free. Total weight allowance 32 kg, but this can gon up to a maximum of 50 kg but you pay per kg over the 32 kg free allownace. No single bag may weigh more than 32kg otherwise they make you take things out of the bag.
ski holidays
Did you remember to prebook your toilet voucher ? I understand that its £4.99 if you need to use on the flight and you haven't pre booked.
ski holidays
Thanks everyone, I'm going to go for £15 each way and fill my bag with 32Kg of stuff!!

joe
ski holidays
Regarding Easyjet:

Just one more question - to which I know what I think the annoyingly correct answer is :

If I can take boots in my main luggage allowance, packed inside my main hold bag, can I do the same with Snowblades.

Every time I've been skiing in the past, snowblades were never charged for and went through as normal luggage due to their size. ie. No additional / special handling was required.

My blades inside their padded bag are 1.02m long. Normal luggage size I would suggest.

So - Can they go as luggage, rather than ski's and not attract the £30 return premium ?

I currently have 2 hold bags pre-booked based on this assumption. I didn't even think at the time that it would be different.

Answers on a fast postcard please as I fly from Liverpool on Thursday 3rd.

Thanks

Simon
snow report
simon.love, welcome to snowHeads.

are the bags obviously sports kit? will they fit into holdalls?
snow conditions
I was planning on putting them into a zip away tote, I bought when I was travelling around new zealand. It's like a holdall, but a little bigger and with no structure.

http://www.kathmandu.co.uk/managed_images/product/gb/large/Zip%20away%20tote-steelblue.jpg ( picture from kathmandu ).

Full details can be found on this page, if you scroll down to the zip away tote.
http://www.kathmandu.co.uk/14.html?category=travellingpacks&id=494791090

The blades touch both ends when the bag is closed, if I put them in the padded case I normally ship them in.

So they might not notice, until they are XRayed.

Simon
snow report
simon.love, the restrictions are really size based. I reckon as long as it looks like normal luggage it's up to you what you put in it.
latest report
That was my thought, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience as I'm sure Easyjet are into making money and technicalities can't really be argued when you want to get onto the plane.
snow conditions
simon.love, agreed, but by the time it gets to being x-rayed you are long gone from check-in - no?
latest report
True. I think I'll give it a go and see what happens. Worst case, it's £10 extra for not pre-booking Skis and Boots.

I have two bags the same, so I'll put my other holdall into the other one so it looks like we've got a pair of matching bags. Should help.
ski holidays
simon.love, we put some in a case last year no problems.
ski holidays
First post to this board, so hello everyone...

A lot of you are complaining about budget airlines - I can only add that Air Berlin (www.airberlin.com) are a budget airline but they're actually really good and they fly the increasingly popular London Stansted -> Munich route competing with easyJet. Friendly service, free drinks, understanding and sympathetic staff, and cheap. With all that I can't imagine choosing easyJet again, I've had the unfortunate privilege of flying with them a lot and they are rubbish and their ever increasing and devious charging policies just go to reinforce my resentment for that bunch of toss... rant continues...
snow report
HellesAngel, Welcome to snowHead s. I was going to pitch in with Air Berlin but didn;t because I've never used them. I might now though. Lots of easyJet fans on here, mind, even with the obscure pricing policies wink
ski holidays
HellesAngel, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I'm sure air berlin are a good option for some, but for those of us up north, the only option seems to be Manchester.....and they don't fly anywhere useful direct, or at weekends rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm lost on this one. We flew with Easyjet in December from Bristol and took luggage as follows - 2 check-in bags weighing approx. 20kg each and 1 ski bag with two pairs of skis in it, which I paid for as one lot of sports equipment. It quite clearly states on the Easyjet site that you're allowed 50kg including your sports equipment, with no one bag weighing over 32kg.
snow report
erica2004, Not quite true. You are allowed 50kg but your allowance is 20Kg +12Kg for sports equipment. Anything above 32kg you pay for as excess up to a max of 50kg

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Planning/baggage.html
snow report
thefatcontroller, On my booking form, it states that one piece of sports equipment (for which I paid £15 each way) was allowed up to 32kg. Surely I haven't got to pay £30 plus excess baggage charges? That's charging me twice! Or is this what everyone is getting at? Sorry for being dim. Shocked
ski holidays
erica2004, Not being dim don't worry. What it means is no charge up to 32kg, you can take up to 50kg but anything above 32kg is excess baggage.

The bit that is confusing is that you have paid for up to 32kg, you can take up to 50kg but you will pay for over and above 32kg.

That help? snowHead
ski holidays
Personally I think these baggage charges are made as confusing as possible to catch people out!
erica2004 wrote:
thefatcontroller, On my booking form, it states that one piece of sports equipment (for which I paid £15 each way) was allowed up to 32kg.

Anyway, 32Kg is the total allowance for all your hold baggage with sports equipment (skis etc.) paid for, otherwise it's 20Kg.

However, if you took say a ski bag with boots and other stuff in it weighing 32Kg and also took another hold bag that added weight over and above the 32Kg you're definitely likely to be charged excess - I guess if the total came to more than 50Kg they'd refuse to carry your bags altogether, or at least some of them.
Quote:
Surely I haven't got to pay £30 plus excess baggage charges? That's charging me twice!

If your combined baggage goes over 32Kg (even with sports equipment paid for) you are likely to have to pay excess baggage charges, as I did back in October Sad
Quote:
Or is this what everyone is getting at? Sorry for being dim. Shocked

Not dim just justifiably confused by their charges and, as I say, I think that's deliberate!

I know Ryanair are far worse than Easyjet but it'd be great if there was a budget airline that was more snowsports friendly than either of these two and flew from a few airports across the country!
snow report
Hi, I'm a bit confused! I booked my Easyjet flight at the enf of Oct and paid for ski carriage. At the time I don't think i paid for hold baggage - I don't recall seeing an option to? So I believe it hadn't yet come in to force. However, reading this thread it appears the rules changed in August. My booking confirmation states this:

-----------------------------------------------------
Hold baggage and sports equipment
Payment has been taken for 1 Pair(s) of skis
1 Hold bag(s) per flight between all passengers combined The 1 passenger(s) in this booking may check in a combined total of 1 hold bag(s). The 20kg hold bag weight allowance (per passenger) does not increase with the addition of further hold bags.

So does this mean I get one hold bag of up to 20kgs, plus an extra 12kgs for ski and boot bag? Or did i somehow completely miss the bit about booking hold baggage at the time of booking?

Thanks!
ski holidays
Quote:

So does this mean I get one hold bag of up to 20kgs, plus an extra 12kgs for ski and boot bag? Or did i somehow completely miss the bit about booking hold baggage at the time of booking?
Yes it does, but spread over the 2 bags with neither exceeding 20 kgs.

Last week I saw signs at Grenoble airport for Easyjet stating boots and helmets are NOT allowed as hand luggage.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, thanks. I'm still confused though as to whether or not I get the free first hold bag, plus the ski carriage as I booked before the rule change. Or if 29 Oct was after the rule change did i forget to book the primary hold baggage somehow? In which case all i can take is my ski bag up to 20kgs! It's not very clear!
latest report
beanie1, I think that the default is 1 bag, so you may have paid for it without realising?
snow report
Elizabeth B, maybe - but in that case wouldn't it say "payment has been taken for 1 hold bag and ski carrigage. Passenger may check in up to 32kgs."??

It is really not very clear at all, arrgghh!
snow conditions
beanie1, sorry Embarassed didn't read that bit.
latest report
beanie1, if I go into my bookings, it only states (for 2 people)
Quote:
2 Hold bag(s) per flight between all passengers combined

The 2 passenger(s) in this booking may check in a combined total of 2 hold bag(s) for each flight on this booking. The 20kg hold bag weight allowance (per passenger) does not increase with the addition of further hold bags.

If you wish to add hold bags to your booking, you can add the relevant charges to your booking.

I have yet to add ski carriage, as I only want to add it to my return flight, and I can't do that until I've done the outward leg.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy