Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Satski - an interactive piste map

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I like the concept- I think the company should honour the sales of goods act 1979.

I am a frequent skiier and spend around 4-5 weeks skiing. Such a device is useful but only if it works.

The gadget show review did not using the same device I recieved (very misleading) and the demo on the website did not reflect the same sort of results I have had. The CEO says that they have many reviews and endorsements and happy customers.

I shall see how I get on but perhaps I should post exactly what you get for your money on You Tube?

I am trying to resist such a thing but I hate it when you have a genuine issue and big companies say "so sue me". I would not have such problems with Amazon or any other high street retailer.

the device took 1 month to arrive after I was billed. It's either faulty or its the biggest piece of junk I have wasted my money on. I wish I had gone for a Garmin now, purchased through Amazon who actually recongize your statutory rights as a consumer.

Don't expect "TomTom" results even though you are paying "TomTom" prices.

In the meantime I shall gather further evidence that it is not fit for purpose when I go to Jackson Hole in Feb. then it's a matter for trading standards and/or the small claims court. 10 days of evidence should prove its faulty, then reject the "contract" and should be entitled to my money back.

Sad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tbanting, if yours is faulty and they're offering a replacement I can't see where the problem is Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FenlandSkier wrote:
tbanting, if yours is faulty and they're offering a replacement I can't see where the problem is Puzzled
I'm still waiting on a replacement unit myself, wating since 2nd week in Dec. May be we have a trend here.......
I'll send a chasing email and give them another chance...... if not i'll be asking for money back.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BMF_Skier wrote:
FenlandSkier wrote:
I'm still waiting on a replacement unit myself, wating since 2nd week in Dec. May be we have a trend here.......
I'll send a chasing email and give them another chance...... if not i'll be asking for money back.
BMF- if this is a common issue might I suggest logging the complaint with Consumer Direct?

http://www.hants.gov.uk/regulatory/tradingstandards/consumeradvice.html

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 29-01-09 11:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So where mine, lost sat lock, switched off. This repeated over several days.
The 'real' GPS I had, worked 100%. No ski resort map though.

Hmm, i'll post an update based on the response i get to the latest email.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidpratt15 wrote:
tbanting, you dont like satski then Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

I do now- they offered me a full refund. Took a lot of doing though....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just seen Satski on the BBC2 programme "Sports Releif does Dragons Den".
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like you were just plain conned

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9088839/Conman-blew-230000-investment-from-Dragons-Den.html

Why is it skiing attracts so many conmen & shady operators?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I met the guy five years ago in Val d'Isere - I remember he was a smooth operator and perfectly convincing. See here:

http://morethanskiing.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/22212-my-brush-with-jean-claude-baumgartner/

There are lots of other articles about him, such as this one (scroll down to read it or search as it's among other items)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2103671/RICHARD-KAY-Seeing-red-Romans-spy-claims.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy