Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rome Flag v Ride Yukon

Poster: A snowHead
Rome Flag 163 v Ride Yukon 164

any one have any preferences or comments or comparisons or have used these?? specifically for these boards (not others)

I am looking for a wider board for powder days, but something that is also ok for piste general ride days Very Happy

Any help out there Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, oooooo tough choice, both really good makes !! what are the write ups saying ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
debbi, a bit equal really, Rome maybe a bit more pop and universal, Yukon a bit stiffer and more of a freeride in comparison, but only just. Both boards are wide and good for powder days, but decent edge to edge speed so ok on hard packed piste. Rome maybe better in the park.

Apart from a few crap hire boards I have only ever been on my Flow Infinite 163, which is probably similar to above but not quite as wide, and even a bit stiffer
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, you made a decision yet ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought the Yukon in the end for £40 on ebay - it finished before the Rome board and as i won it I did not go for the Rome, it is a bit battered but ok for powder days, I think I need to get that spider chappy on here to do a bit of repairs thoough.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, bargain !
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like a good deal - I think the Yukon is essentially a wide Timeless, which is a superb powder board, I love mine.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
debbi, yes bargain, firebug, I tried the TMS for a few runs at the Mondial and I liked it too, a bit more flexible than I thought it would be but it held its edge well, and when set on its edge it just carved a nice arc, easy and not a struggle to turn.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ROME rules!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What have the Romans ever done for us?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, built wicked snowboards so we can rule the slopes wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
debbi, exactly and boredsurfin, will find out this coming season.

Pink skis my foot....................
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mouth, i am soooo ready to strap on my board NOW... got the gear out the other day, modelled the new pants with the boots. Can't come quick enough for me Razz
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
debbi, me too! When are you off on your first trip? We go 22 Dec.

Got new pants at ski show - totally big and baggy and grunge like! Need to fit my armoured pants underneath thats why!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mouth, i have gone for the Rod Stewart look with purple tartan Shocked

Have got New Year booked off so prob a late deal, and Tignes 19th Jan and Switzerland in March ... bring it onnnnnn !
latest report
debbi NY get a late deal to Paradiski area and come board with me!! Boredsurfin will baby sit mouth junior rolling eyes
snow report
Mouth, are you away for NY too? and are you related to Boredsurfin or just nominating him cos he's in crossed over to Darkside posting for the night?
snow report
debbi, Yes in paradiski from Dec 22 to Jan 6.

Not related to Boredsurfin no! We met on snowHead and he ended up buying apt in our village so he and family have become great friends of ours. My 11 month old is in love with his 11 year old.

I think he would like to cross to dark side as he sees how much fun I have on board. You wait till he sees my Rome this season!! Toofy Grin
latest report
Mouth, you own somewhere in the mountains as well? where abouts ?
snow report
debbi, Montalbert in La Plagne ski area (hence you need to book Paradiski for NY). 20 m from the chair lift and 50m from Boredsurfin. We bought in 2005 but this will be first xmas and NY we spent there as Emerson arrived 9 Dec last year. Still I did get to spend my maternity leave in mountains on a board.

Book NY and we get to ride Romes together!
ski holidays
Mouth, sounds tempting !! we are still waiting for French friends to tell us their plans, (allegdly) they are going to 'destination unknown' in the Pyrenees. But if that doesn't come off then we are up for anywhere Razz

Hoping to meet a few snowHead this year, Darksiders preferrably wink
ski holidays
debbi, yes I am a converted Darksider. Skied for many years but then saw the light.

NY. Paradiski. Be there. Toofy Grin
snow report
Mouth, its noted !

p.s i have revived the word footy thread wink
ski holidays
debbi, so i see Toofy Grin
snow report
Mouth, you stalking me ?
ski holidays
debbi, maybe? Jes... you over 1700 now
snow report
Mouth, oh yeah snowHead
ski holidays
debbi, you breaking rules. Not allowed to reply to own posts!! Word association included!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, you sure ? If your fingers aren't up for the challenge ...
snow report
debbi, yep! Am sure. Need to reach 1700 before I crash tonight but no cheating like you Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy