Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

South Lake Tahoe lift pass? Advice wanted if possible

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Me and a group of friends are heading out to Heavenly this season for two weeks are in search of somewhere to get a reasonably priced area lift pass (the pass that covers seven surrounding resorts rather than just Heavenly - sometimes known as the Lake Tahoe Interchangeable). I need four passes starting on February 25th, ending on March 8th. So far, I have managed to find a £360 offer from http://www.americanskiclassics.com and a £368 from WorldSki.com - does anyone know of any other sites I may be able to compare prices or, preferably, find a cheaper option? Any advice or reccomendations is welcomed... Smile

Also, whilst on the subject of heavenly, does anybody happen to know of anywhere where my friends would be able to hire cheaply?

Thanks in advance folks Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.skilaketahoe.com/tickets-1.html
this deal was for US $250 for 6 days at different tahoe resorts.
i think they are sold out now but you never know they might go back up for sale.

http://www.snowbomb.com
they have a tahoe card you purchase and it gives you deals on all kinds of stuff here in tahoe, not sure what the value for a short stay would be but check it out and see for yourself.

also some mountains have different deals for different days, such as the 2 fer tuesday at mt. rose. you buy one ticket and the second is free. or ladies day on thursday all girls get a pass for $19. its a fun little place if the snow and visibility is good. especially the chutes.

if your not locked down on tahoe for the whole time maybe check out the heavenly season pass for $350. you get 3 days free at any vail resort so you could ski heavenly for a week and then fly out to denver and hit up vail, breckenridge, and keystone.

as for rentals i have no idea since i never use them but some of the good shops are sports ltd and powder house. that late in the season most stuff will be beat up so you might want to look around at less popular (away from the resort) shops for deals and better gear.

good luck and enjoy the trip. the exchange rate alone has got to be saving you big.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for your help duffy - I will check those sites out

i really can't wait - late season though? would feb 25-march 8th be classed as late? i thought it would be peak - as long as the snow is still lovel eh snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lol, damn it! both os those deals are sold out Sad

any other ideas folks?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
all you need to know is on this site

http://www.slidingonthecheap.com/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for the advice malcolm1, but the Ski Lake Tahoe Six-Pack is now sold out - typically!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We were there a few years ago and stayed at the Montgomery inn (motel). Daily rate included Heavenly pass and we payed small supplement for places like Kirkwood. It seemed ludicrously cheap at the time, perhaps they've gone bankrupt! They have a website so might be worth a check. Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As well as the special offers mentioned above you can also buy reduced tickets from Safeway, Subway and various petrol stations for some mountains. Just ask at your hotel or have a look at the local paper when you get there.

There's also a huge difference in lift pass costs - Squaw and Heavenly are way more expensive than other places, but Alpine is a quieter, cheaper version of Squaw so if you want to save money just go there. Mt Rose, Diamond Peak, Homewood, Sierra, Northstar and Kirkwood are all definitely worth visiting and a fair bit cheaper.

Rentals are easy there's plenty of shops just ask around for the best deal.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shenryo, Feb 25th to March 8th is our peak time and the snow is usually fantastic! (Actually you are just missing our busiest week since many have the week of Presidents Day (feb 18th, 2008) as a "ski" week.) Be aware that the tahoe area is a weekend ski area and that the weekends will be busier - you might need to plan to get up earlier, or to eat lunch either very early or very late! Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for the advice
looks like my 13 days Lake Tahoe pass is going to cost £360 from Ski Safaris - way bit steep - Confused - but I am sure it will be worth it snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy