Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Snow Report 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
Much of Austria got 1 - 2 ft of freshies yesterday, down to roughly 1k meters in some cases.

Saalbach and Lech look in good shape. They are still white top to bottom.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Out to Oburgurgl tomorrow, snow conditions look great but 75 kph winds forecast later in the week Sad Does anyone know if some lifts will still be open if the winds get that strong ??
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's been dump city for the last two days here in Ischgl. Visibility poor, but snow snow and more snow! Today the skies cleared and we had sun AND powder - fantastic end to a great week. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
How are Zell and Kaprun at the moment?

Am off there on Monday for 10 days and can cope with anything apart from green from top to bottom! Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zell and Kaprun both looking pretty good. Next week is the last week of the season in Zell so not all lifts will be in operation (but not due to lack of snowfall!). The Sonnenalm side was closed last week but friends hiked over to ski there and found the snow was too deep at the top! Black 11 to Zell is closed but most of the other runs to the valley are open and in OK condition. Last week saw a lot of new snowfall. Conditions on the glacier in Kaprun are excellent for this time of year. I don't think you need to worry roga!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for that nice, good to hear an on (or near) the spot report Toofy Grin

I'm planning on exploring Zell first off with perhaps a visit to Saalbach Hinterglemm and once the lifts close on the 13th Kaprun, will also probably take a day out for a trip to Salzburg with the family.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Kitzsteinhorn glacier was is top condition last Saturday, and there has been plenty of snowfall since then. I left Zell on Thurs and it was snowing hard up top.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Elizabeth, sounds good to me - thanks for that snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Perfect powder at Zauchansee today! Maybe 15-20cm at 9am and snowing hard around -8 degrees, very quiet other than lots of brit school kids, mainly on nursery slope. By lunchtime at least 30cms of dry powdery snow. Untracked powder every run on or off piste Smile Still snowing hard as we left arround 17:00. A great way to end the season and all under 2000m.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Elizabeth B wrote:
The Kitzsteinhorn glacier was is top condition last Saturday, and there has been plenty of snowfall since then. I left Zell on Thurs and it was snowing hard up top.

I hope to be there for the May bank holiday, the conditions are incredible for this time of year, it's amazing there aren't more people out to enjoy them, even for weekends!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Amazing snow last week in St Anton, Lech and Zurs. Daughter doing off piste waist high powder back of Rendle with 'Spring snow' group. On piste excellent - a whole mix of sun then blizzard then lots of snow. Shame to go home....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've added some video of the powder from monday at Zauchensee

http://youtube.com/v/pG8nyreVwDw

A rather nasty wipe out at the end of the video, my wife took a beating, but is in one peace
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
waynos, excellent vid waynos! I am definitely going to treat the DH and I to a few days in Zauchensee next season. Skied there in 07 for the first time (when we were snow hunting) and was delighted to have discovered such a hidden gem!

Perhaps we'll see you there in 09?

D
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This week-end is the end of the season for some Austrian resorts, such as Saalbach, Zell am See, Bad Gastein, or Zauchensee.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kerekip, not quite, most of the resort in the Gastein valley will close this weekend but Sport Gastein will stay open until May 4th. The conditions look like it will be ok until then too. wink

Cheers
snow report
Kersh, I hope to be out that way the last weekend of the season, staying in Zell am See but might make it over to Sport Gastein for a day.
ski holidays
Peter Ross, well the conditions are pretty good at Sport Gastein at the moment so fingers crossed for your trip! Have fun. snowHead

Cheers
ski holidays
I know there is already a 'thanks to all the snow reporters' thread, but I just wanted to share the snowHead love specifically with Austrian snow reporters this season. Thanks guys, regulars and not so regulars. It is great to know how things are shaping up throughout the season, either for my own trips, for my friends/guests trips, or just for pure 'I wish I was there' obsession.

SO big thanks to all the heros of Austrian snow reporting, you know who you are!

D
snow report
kerekip, Thanks for the reports , looked in most days.
Hope your back next winter.
ski holidays
Byron Gates wrote:
kerekip, Thanks for the reports , looked in most days.
Hope your back next winter.

Ditto from me. Kerekip is in the know. Cool deal.
snow report
Thanks for all.
Operating Austrian resorts at the end of April:

until 27 April:
Hochgurgl (Obergurgl is already closed)
Göstling/Hochkar (a small resort close to Vienna with unbelievable microclimate)
St. Christoph/Stuben am Arlberg

until 1 May
Turracher Höhe (it was the first resort to open this season)

until 4 May:
Gastein Valley/Sportgastein
Ischgl
Obertauern

and the glaciers:
Sölden until 4 May
Mölltal until 12 May
Pitztal until 18 May
Stubai until 25 May

open all summer
Kaunertal
Hintertux
Kaprun/Kitzsteinhorn (closed between 2 June and 20 June for maintenance)
snow conditions
Over half a metre of new snow in Kitzsteinhorn last week, and more snow expected from Tuesday and Thursday this week, ideal for my trip there from this Thursday!
snow conditions
Stubai glacier looks interesting with flights in to Innsbruck !!!!!
ski holidays
rayscoops, Aren't you just back from a snow trip! I'm flying to Salzburg so Stubai might be a little far but everything above 2000m looks in good nick at the moment.
snow report
Peter Ross, yes just back from the snowHead bash but was thinking of next month, I went to the Stubai Glacier this season for a weekend but after the first morning they shut it due to those very bad storms that hit Germany/Austria and I still have a free 'one day ski pass' to use ................. Cool
ski holidays
rayscoops, that's a good excuse then! I'm getting married this year so my extra funds will be going on wedding cake, cars, flowers etc! So next week will be my last snow trip of the season, then I will have to start saving a bit or accumulating more money! Smile
ski holidays
8cm in Kitzsteinhorn yesterday and more expected tomorrow and maybe Friday, departing for there tomorrow. I hope it clears up as I want to sun!
snow report
Peter Ross, have a great time snowHead !
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
According to the management of Kitzsteinhorn/Kaprun resort, they had the best season ever in 2007/2008. The lift company had 28 million Euros income which is an all-time record.
Over a million visitors used the facilities of the lift company.
ski holidays
kerekip, Just back from Kitzsteinhorn yesterday night after five days skiing. Conditions are good, best at top. Had a mixture of snow, cloud and sunshine over the five days. The pistes below 2500m softened fast but anything up near the glacier stayed fresh all day. It was busy on Friday and Saturday for the Firn and Fun Festival but much quieter on Sunday and very quiet on Monday and Tuesday. Some race training going on (the Finish ski team were there). The biggest shock was the traffic jam to get up the mountain on Friday, the tailback was from the edge of Kaprun village! But there crowds were well spread out on the slopes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy