Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted a bed in Alpe D'Huez / Les 2 Alps for 2-7 Feb 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I've booked a flight for the above dates (2-7 Feb 2008) to Grenoble to go Skiing. Rest of the family doesn't like snow, cold or mountains so I have to go on my own. I'm trying to find a (cheap) place to stay but only seem to be able to get large challets or expensive hotels. I would liked a bed in a shared challet or something and I don't really care which resort it's in. As long as I can get there from grenoble.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Lutins, the Chamois or the Sherpa in 2Alpes. The Chamois in Alpe d'Huez.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard: Thanks but even those end up at about £500 for a 5 days.... Does anyone know anything EVEN cheaper?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DoubleDutch, are you sure about those prices, Lutins should be a lot cheaper. Look at first page of this thread

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=29536&start=0
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have you tried http://www.scuba-ski.com in 2Alpes? Lyn & Pete who run it are great - we went last Christmas and are going back this year. They have an apartment which they run like a catered chalet (cooked breakfast, tea, 3 course evening meal with wine) and if they have space they'll let you transfer on which ever days you want and stop for whatever number of nights i.e. you don't have to do Saturday to Saturday
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, the PSB price will be cheaper than the winter rate, but it still shouldn't be £100 a night, far from it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, agreed, only put up the thread reference in comparison to £100 a day rate. The list price on the wall in the reception last winter was about 40 euro for a single and 65 Euro for a double, not the £100 he suggested.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, Only price I have been able to find for Let Lutins is on: http://www.ifyouski.com (all other suggest that I call them for details). Is there a website you can recommend for booking this hotel on-line or would calling the hotel directly be the best option. I've also emailed www.scuba-ski.com for availability and will report back! Thanks for your help.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DoubleDutch, ring the hotel. Or ring the tourist office if you don't speak French.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Called the hotel and they spoke perfect english. They quote a price of EUR 35 a night but are fully booked Sad I guess all the travel agents got there first.....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DoubleDutch, there is a lot more accommodation in 2Alpes than is listed on the website - suggest you call the tourist office and ask for a copy of their resort guide for the winter, then go direct to hotels etc.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Really sorry that we can't help you for this perid of time as we have a provisional booking already. If the booking does not materialise we will contact you to see if you are still looking for somewhere.
We are here in Les Deux Alpes at the moment and a lot of places will be opening up this weekend for the mondial trade fair when the ski lifts are opening, and so we an ask around for you.
If you are reading blizt look forward to seeing you at Christmas.
Pete and Lyn, Scuba-Ski
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for your reply Pete and Lyn and if you find something or your current booking is cancelled. Please remember me... I have emailed you so you should have my details.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh - didn't realise scuba-ski would be reading so will amend my earlier posting to say Lyn & Pups are great Laughing Razz
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OK - I seem to have sorted it out. Through the Alpe D'Huez tourist office I managed to find L'hôtel l'Ancolie (http://www.hebergement-florineige.com/hotel/accueil.html) at about €65 a night which isn't too bad. If anyone has any bad experiences with this hotel or the location - let me know and I'll go and buy a tent! Next challange get from Grenoble airport to the hotel but hopefully "Bens Bus" can help with that..... I'm starting to realize why they invented package holidays Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy