Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone who knows Les Menuires well?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon snowheads.

I have just booked a week in Les Menuires (it is a very cheap trip with my gf's uni, so no laughing!) and we are staying in a chalet at the top of Le Bettex lift - i am trying to work out where we can ski to from our door!

I have highlighted 2 blue runs on the below link, and i cannot work out which way they are going!....either toward, or away from the "Tortollet" lift.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/Herring30/Menuires.jpg

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hezza, The runs lead (ski down)to the Tortollet or the Rocher Noir chair. The Rocher Noires chair is not always open but skiing La Masse in the morning is a fabulous eaxperience if it is open.

Tortollet will leave you a short ski from the main area of les Menuires - Ls Croisette

IMHO Les Menuires is a great place to ski the 3v on a budget.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So can i ski from the top of the Bettex lift down to the Tortollet?

...this closer map suggests not Sad ...leaving just one blue run which is served from the Bettex?

http://skinet.cz/files/strediska/mapy/127_69.jpg

Thanks for the reply snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hezza, AIR there is a run that comes off the Bettex lift, and over a ski bridge to the Tortollet
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hezza,

I am fairly certain you can access other lifts from the Bettex chair. I have not used the lift but did visit the village of Bettex a couple of seasons back and looking at the lift it did look as though it should access other lifts. Les Menuires is probably as ugly as a ski resort can get but you can always draw the curtains, the prices are better, kronenburg tastes the same and it accesses one of the biggest ski areas on the planet!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were there last January also by the top of Bettex lift (Hammeaus Les Airelles appts) and there wasn't enough snow to ski to or from the door so it was ski bus every morning till the last day or 2. But even when there was snow I seem to recall that the blue down was pretty much flat in places so definitely a lot of poling involved, so I wouldn't really call it ski in/out. IIRC the blue went to Tortellet and Roche Noire chairs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hezza, JMU by any chance?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replys people Very Happy

beedeji, we are also staying in those apartments - i am not too concerned about the quality of slopes outside the apartment, i just rather like the idea of not having to get a bus in the morning!

Swirly, i'm sorry, but i haven't the foggiest what JMU is Blush snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
John Moores Uni, I noticed from someone T-shirt that's where they're going.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
beedeji wrote:
But even when there was snow I seem to recall that the blue down was pretty much flat in places so definitely a lot of poling involved, so I wouldn't really call it ski in/out. IIRC the blue went to Tortellet and Roche Noire chairs.
I don't think so, it is an OK ski down.
There is some fun off-piste under the Bettex lift, winding between the rocks, I seem to remember.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy