Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cheaper international ski passes for USA

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used any of these websites or companies to purchase lift passes in advance:

http://www.themountainsusa.com/index.php

http://www.skiextras.com/

http://www.worldski.com/

http://www.americanskiclassics.com/

Skiextras & worldski appear to be the same company. All are offering much cheaper (e.g. about half price) USA lift passes if bought via their website in advance.
Just wondering if anyone has used them and/or if there is any catch that I'm not spotting. Puzzled
We're off to Breckenridge next Easter time & looking for the best deal on lift passes.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll be in CO over easter aiming to visit 8 or 9 resorts in 14 days so would be interested in anyone who's used these sites, or other cheap tix sites.

Skiextras gave £124 for a 7 day Vail/Summit pass starting 23rd March; vail.com gave a standard price of $623 = £300, or advance purchase price of $485 = £245.

The skiextras price seems fishy - too cheap?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not necessarily too cheap - US day pass or even multi-day direct from the ticket office are generally for "tourists and other suckers". They expect reasonably savvy locals etc to have scoped out a deal through clubs/work/grocery stores etc or have a season pass. Similarly tour ops get deals on bulk passes or passes bundled with accomodation so I suspect this is what ski extras sell you. Often the price might be for passes bought before a certain date.

It's no good if you just want the odd day & you do get stung for window prices then. Incidentally Vail resorts are notorious for not even posting day ticket window prices on the web so you can't see how much of a deal you are getting buying elsewhere.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plake wrote:
Skiextras gave £124 for a 7 day Vail/Summit pass starting 23rd March; vail.com gave a standard price of $623 = £300, or advance purchase price of $485 = £245.

The skiextras price seems fishy - too cheap?

No, not too cheap.

Where did you get the $623 for 7 day figure? I saw a 10 day pass for $479!

So, £124 for 7 days isn't that far out of line. Just decent saving. But maybe there're black out dates? Better watch out for those.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Plake, my quote for 6 days skiing starting 13th March is £225 - not especially cheap. Yours is a cracking price!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
abc, where did you get that 10 day price?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
abc, where did you get that 10 day price?

http://vail.snow.com/winter/vp.tickets.promotions.asp
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At the official Breckenridge website http://breckenridge.snow.com 14 days from 23rd March is $700.
At http://www.themountainsusa.com 14 days is $249.
At http://www.skiextras.com/ and at http://www.worldski.com/ 14 days is £124.
At http://www.americanskiclassics.com/ 14 days is £115.
The price of passes varies depending on the date you start them from with 23rd March being the start of a cheaper period (all prices I've found above start on 23rd March and are for 1 adult 14 day pass). $700 from the official site compared to the other sites is an astronomic difference.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah we have used worldski, before. Seemed a good outfit and they used to have offices in Sheffield ski village. The guy who ran it, Martin Bright, has a place in Avon near Vail - but I think he sold the company on Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
abc, no advance purchase saving on my potential dates Sad .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, you're traveling during X'mas holidays and still expect savings? Very Happy

Can't blame you for trying. I just found it rather fruitless..
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
abc, er no....13th march Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I see. My bad.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I used Worldski - in exchange for my money they sent me a worrying-looking colour-printer-printed voucher, which the nice people in Snowmass happily exchanged for a lift pass. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Plake, some of the skiextras (worldski) pass prices seem to be based on you booking an entire package with them. I was investigating Banff and found this, "Please note Banff lift passes must be booked in conjunction with WorldSki/Ski Extras accommodation and CANNOT be booked as a stand alone product, stand alone bookings will not be accepted." Of course, most of the other areas do not seem to have this condition. Bu99er Evil or Very Mad
latest report
thewahwah, Yup, the only thing I bought from Worldski was the pass, everying else booked elsewhere.
ski holidays
Just booked my lift pass for Banff with www.americanskiclassics.com. Chatted to them on the phone and they were very helpful and informative. They told me that they normally only sell them as part of a package but they said it wasn't a problem. Got two 11 day passes to run consecutively with 4 days free (for buying before November) for £666 - that's 26 days skiing covering Sunshine, Lake Louise and Norquay Very Happy. Cheapest I could find anywhere without any conditions attached. Even without the free days they were £46 cheaper per pass than worldski. Result! Get booking soon if you want to take advantage of the free days offer.
snow conditions
thewahwah, how does it work with americanskiclassics - do they send you a voucher to redeem in resort or what? Did you make the booking over the phone or via the website? They're the cheapest I can find for when we're going as well so quite tempted to book with them.
snow report
blizt, you can book over the internet or over the phone - they don't charge extra for having to speak to an agent. The way it works is they have the passes delivered to your accommodation in resort two days before you arrive (I think the passes are normally delivered to your home address if your date of travel is more than 4 weeks away). They told me they send a receipt with a booking reference and a contact number should there be any problems with the passes. Luckily, I have already booked my accommodation and knew where I will be staying. I would give them a call just to make sure of all the details. Smile
latest report
I rang americanskiclassics today & they said they send a voucher to your UK address which you then present in resort to exchange for the pass itself. They said that in the past for Breckenridge you have always taken it to the main ticket office but that they're just waiting to hear from the resort if it'll be the same arrangement for the coming season.
snow conditions
Just wanted to share the tip that the Ski 3 season pass (which gives skiing all season at Breck, Keystone and Arapahoe) seems to be available online to non-locals and may be worth buying even if you are only skiing for 6 days.
It costs $419 for adults, which is what you will pay for a 5 days out of 8 pass at peak periods. Unless you are certain you will not need more than 5 days in a period of 8, the season pass is the way to go.
You have to buy it by Christmas.
www.snow.com/info/pass.season.asp

Another tip is that a lift ticket is just $11 for each day you are in Breck/Keystone ski school.
snow report
I,ve used Worldski about 2 season ago. Printed off the Voucher & No problem exchanging from tickets in Aspen.
snow report
thewahwah, have you been & used your passes yet? Was everything OK?

We're intending to try & sort out passes in next few days so just trying to clarify the companies mentioned are OK. Anyone else any knowledge?

Only 10 weeks till USA = happy, counting down snowHead
ski holidays
blizt, sorry only seeing this post now. got the passes on arrival at my hotel (read: hostel). no problems at all.
snow conditions
An update - we used Worldski, and just got back from CO. The 7 day Vail/Summit for £125 went smoothly, picked the passes up within 5 mins at the Breck gondola station. The 6 day Aspen £125 was a bit more hassle, when we tried to pick the tickets up our booking reference number had a different name & address on the Aspen lift ticket office computers. After a tense 10 mins and speaking to the manager they gave us the passes. Don't know if the mistake was Worldskis or Aspens, but overall I'd recommend Worldski and use them again.
snow conditions
Another update - we just got back from Breckenridge. Used http://www.themountainsusa.com & got our 12 day Colorado passes (12 days unlimited skiing at Breckenridge, Vail, A-Basin, Beaver Creek) for $249. They emailed us a voucher which we took to the ticket office in Breckenridge & exchanged for our passes, no hassle at all. Pretty good value we thought particularly considering the excellent exchange rate of the dollar. My new Lexa board bindings at $116 were probably even better value though Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy