Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

$1.2 billion Lebanese ski resort nears master planning

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A $1.2 billion ski resort for Lebanon, to be situated on Mount Sannine(2548m), is approaching master planning stage.

To be known as 'Sannine Zenith', the resort would account for 1% of Lebanon's total land area and, its developers claim, be capable of hosting a Winter Olympics...

There have been controversies over past Saudi ownership of the land involved, and concerns have been expressed about potential pollution of the water on the mountain, which is one of the country's primary aquifers.

Canadian consultants Ecosign are masterminding the project. This report from MENAFM.com.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The project is still on schedule according to the developers' CEO, Tony Abi Rached.
Quote:

Notwithstanding any future political earthquakes, this means crews will get to work on the 50 million square meter phase one of the project in a matter of weeks or months.

"If you leave it to me, I want to lay the cornerstone this summer," Abi Rached said in an interview, warning however that no final date would be set until after legislative elections, expected to take place between late May and early June.

The article in the Lebanese Daily Star confirms that the size of the construction is to be slightly less ambitious than originally planned - the initial project
Quote:
encompassed some 96 million square meters, or approximately 1 percent of Lebanon's total area.

Nevertheless the plan is to complete construction over three phases
Quote:

with 72 million square meters now being the target of construction over the next 10 to 15 years. Sannine Zenith should be able to accommodate 22,000 skiers by the end of phase two, far beyond the capacity of Lebanon's most popular ski resort, Faraya Mzar, with a capacity of 5,000 skiers.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy