Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Happy almost winter!
Have left it a bit last minute which is never good, esp with low budget...but wanting to get to Switz for a week round xmas/new year. Anyone recommend resorts where we're likely to get snow? Anyone know any cheap hotels/available apartments...
Thanks a million for any suggestions (any really good ones'll get a cowbell/piece of toblerone as a thanks!)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
schnee_engel, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

How cheap are you wanting to go? There are plenty of resorts with hostels, or if you looked at a valley hotel you would save money over a resort.

Have a look at Saas Grund. It has some skiing itself, but feeds into Saas Fee where there is a glacier. The ski bus is included on the whole area lift pass.

I've stayed at Hotel Roby and Hotel Touring. The Touring was nicer (has a swimming pool) but cost a bit more.

I've also stayed in Tasch, for Zermatt, but that is a bit dead.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
schnee_engel, I would second Liz's recommendation of the Saas Fee area, since having a glacier at least gives you assurance of some skiing. I stayed in Saas Fee itself last Chriistmas at the Hotel Elite, which I can thoroughly recommend for its excellent food, but if it's more than your budget then as Liz says you may find cheaper accomodation in Saas Grund.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try the Bunker (hostel) in Verbier
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
schnee_engel, our place in Laax is currently still available for both Xmas and NY weeks, although I'm told to expect it to book up quickly. 100 min direct shuttle from Friedrichshafen (Ryanair from Stansted, Liverpool or Dublin) and about 2 hours from Zurich on public transport (direct train to Chur, bus almost to the front door from there) - Easyjet do Luton to Zurich, BMI do Edinburgh to ZRH and of course there are BA and Swiss too. We've skied in Laax on Christmas Day almost every year since 2003, including last year, and always had plenty of snow. PM me if that's of any interest.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mwinram, we looked at the Bunker in Verbier for 07, but the fact it has NO windows proved a little much for a claustrophobic friend. Good value though Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy