Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big White in April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Friends are thinking of going there in April. Looking at the reviews on snowHead 's they seem very favourable but usually refer to early season. Is the snow still good at this time?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
T Bar, the snow will probably be good - its whether the resort will still be open. I think the resort normally closes the week after Easter due to lack of skiers - as Easter is early this week you'd better check the closing date. If its open it should still be OK although of course spring skiing - normal caveats apply! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
T Bar, resort closes 6th April 2008.

If anything like last year end of March / beginning April in that area of the Okanagan it was VERY Spring Skiing.. eg. extremely heavy slushy stuff!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mrtoastie wrote:
T Bar, resort closes 6th April 2008.

Whistler/Lake Louise/Sunshine are hills in BC/AB that stay open way passed first weekend in April. Lack of people is reason. Sometimes others do, especially on epic seasons.

Cascades in Washington/Oregon are also good throughout April, and Mt Bachelor/Hood Meadows/Timberline well into May and sometimes beyond (Timberline always). Great spring skiing in Cascades - deep base, good weather, some superb terrain. And lots of fun towns to stay in - Bend, Hood River, Seattle, Portland. A very fun and cheap roadtrip can easily be constructed ...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all I have just heard that it is in fact Feb that they are going. (they usually go at Easter so I made that assumption)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We're used to the locals in BW (and SS) apologising for the lack of "good" snow.

But their definition of "good" snow is snow that you can't hear you skis glide on. If they can hear their skis, then it's called ice and they'll head for home (yes, really!).

They even apologised when there was only 4" of freshies one morning....

Feb will be fantastic (it better be: that's when we are there).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RobW, you are so right... anything that makes a noise is ice.. although there is an unofficial rule that none of the workers at SS can call it ice.. all the locals do though.. it is a bit crazy...

Feb will be awesome snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The snow in Feb will be near perfect. Fresh light powder pretty much guaranteed.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobW wrote:
Feb will be fantastic (it better be: that's when we are there).

Very Happy Me too. 19th-29th.

The wait is killing me !! Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy