Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Changes to SCGB Reps' Off-Piste Rules

Poster: A snowHead
achilles, good question.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurtle, digging around a little, I see that the sad death of Jean-Philippe Marquette occurred in 2007 (23 March) not 2006. Even so, long enough for legal event to have taken their course. They could affect a lot of off-piste skiers/boarders - yet I find it impossible on the web to find what the outcome was. I can't imagine there was cause for a cover up - but the silence is very strange. Perhaps our fearless SCGB reporter can enlighten us with some real news.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
achilles, my understanding is that it was mentioned briefly at the SCGB AGM and that it is still ongoing. I think the Swiss are known to take their time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Swiller is correct. There was a very brief statement that literally nothing had happened to progress the matter in the past year.

The price of that information is £55, please.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, hmm, thanks. It would have been nice to clarify Swiss law fir us nobbuts (well, OK, me nobbut and mates). Quite an ordeal for all concerned whilst the Swiss authorities ponder, too.

Ernst Goldsmith, I thought it was a given that you think BS Infallible. Accordingly your information is already in the public domain, and no fee is payable to you. Court costs are £350 for that adjudication.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nearly 3 years is stupidly long. Under European law all citizens have a right to 'quick justice' or something like that. Of course the Swiss can and will take as long as they like. But I would be calling Fair Trials International for some advice if it was me.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am interested in this case. It is very difficult to find out anything in Swiss. As far as I know a trial has not taken place yet. Does anyone know anything? Thank you.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
KK3A, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
Perhaps telephone the ski club in London and ask them?
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/contact/default.aspx
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whilst on rant , the SC of Great Britian is a bizarely named club - since they have nothing what so ever to do with skiing in the UK, or indeed Scotland. Indeed their membership seems to be comprimised of upper class southern english people who prefer to ski abroad

Have been looking over their website to see what they are all about and re skiing in scotland,.... it seems they went up in the summer to clean the place up, and have been holding/supporting/sponsoring events , courses for skiing, avalanche awareness training etc etc etc, across the uk indoor slopes !... Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome to snowheads KK3A and Limegreen1.

Sheesh there are more hand puppets in this thread than at a Punch and Judy show. Wink

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 31-08-10 15:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
limegreen1, welcome. but you seem to be contradicting yourself there. Or is the first para a quote from another post? If so you need to select it on the other post and hit the Quote Selected button below.

Another thread that'll never die.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB wrote:

Sheesh there are more hand puppets in this thread than at a Punch and Judy show. Wink

Speak for yourself, Sooty
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Haven't the reps jackets changed to blue this year?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yoda wrote:
Haven't the reps jackets changed to blue this year?

So I gather. Maybe it's part of their "green" environmental policy to ensure new jackets have to be manufactured for all their reps. Puzzled wink

I wonder what happens to the old jackets - presumably the SCGB doesn't want them to be sold/given to other people for them to use.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I wonder what happens to the old jackets
They'll spend the next 35,000 years decomposing. Or could just burn them I suppose. Place them gently on top of the green wristband mountain, soak in unleaded, rub two reps together and "woof" up it goes.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
limegreen1, welcome. but you seem to be contradicting yourself there. Or is the first para a quote from another post? If so you need to select it on the other post and hit the Quote Selected button below.

It's a quote made by one of the jockstraps from page one of this thread.
ski holidays
limegreen1 wrote:

some jock scrote wrote:
Whilst on rant , the SC of Great Britian is a bizarely named club - since they have nothing what so ever to do with skiing in the UK, or indeed Scotland. Indeed their membership seems to be comprimised of upper class southern english people who prefer to ski abroad

Have been looking over their website to see what they are all about and re skiing in scotland,.... it seems they went up in the summer to clean the place up, and have been holding/supporting/sponsoring events , courses for skiing, avalanche awareness training etc etc etc, across the uk indoor slopes !... Puzzled

Well spotted. There are a lot of old feckers on this site who don't want the truth to get in the way of any of their ignorant rants. And, yes, the SCGB were doing all the stuff you mentioned back when that cant made his (un)original post.
snow report
I SUPPOSE OL HAGGIS IS WATCHING BRAVEHEART AGAIN AFTER A FEW PINTS OF HEAVY
latest report
limegreen1 wrote:

Probably watching in the window of Radio Rentals so he can use the ensuite shop doorway to piss in. Laughing

Oh yeah, and welcome to the font of all snow-related BS.
ski holidays
Quote:

Ahhh... SZK, my ears are burning.

Here is what the Great Ski Club of Britian have to say about skiing in Scotland -

Quote:
Scotland is a great location for novices to take a ski break before splashing out on expensive ski holidays abroad. It is also a good cross-country skiing destination as there is an abundance of tree-protected, and therefore more snow-sure, tracks.

Nuff said.

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/skiresorts/countrymap.aspx/Scotland

PJSKi - ever ventured north of the border yourself ?
ski holidays
Haggis_Trap wrote:
Quote:

Ahhh... SZK, my ears are burning.

Here is what the Great Ski Club of Britian have to say about skiing in Scotland -

Quote:
Scotland is a great location for novices to take a ski break before splashing out on expensive ski holidays abroad. It is also a good cross-country skiing destination as there is an abundance of tree-protected, and therefore more snow-sure, tracks.

Nuff said.

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/skiresorts/countrymap.aspx/Scotland

PJSKi - ever ventured north of the border yourself ?

Yep, many times to ski there as well as being born in Perth. Also spent lots of time in Arbroath. You don't think Scotland is a good place for novices Puzzled

You could contact the SCGB and offer an alternative appraisal for them to use. Or you could just whine about it like every other chippy jock I've ever met.
snow conditions
Errrr - Since when was Scotland renowned for its abundance of snow-sure forested cross-country skiing... rolling eyes
(no disrespect due to the enthusiastic guys at Clashindaroch Forest).

Where do the 'Great Ski Club of Britian' get the amazingly innacurate snow-depth figures for the Scottish resorts from?
Because the ski centres don't provide, or even record, those figures...
They frequently wrongly report Scottish resorts as being closed (even 3 or 4 weeks after the season started!).
When did they last organise an event or course on real UK snow ?

Regards

A Chippy Jock Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
This thread has gone from "a little bit off piste" to "a little bit piste off"
snow conditions
Haggis_Trap, why don't you contact the scgb directly?
latest report
PJSki wrote:
Haggis_Trap, why don't you contact the scgb directly?
They won't understand him.
latest report
PJSKi, what makes you so sure that I haven't emailled the SCGB in recent years to highlight that their snow-reports for Scotland are frequntly made up, factually incorrect or out of date ?

Perhaps members should also be asking the 'Great Ski Club Of Britain'....

- Why they give British skiing a bad reputation in alpine resorts by using unqualified reps to 'ski-host' people a 'little bit off piste'. The reps course is clearly not an international recognised qualification for leading others off-piste in a high alpine environment.

- Why they are supporting the controversial, and recently recalled, Salomon Quest product line ?
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63998

- Why the patronising 'Respect the mountain' campaign doesn't promote skiing on UK snow as an easy option to reduce your C02 foot print ? http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/respectthemountain/environment/whatcanyoudo.aspx

Dont have anything else to say on the topic. Maybe PJSKi & SZK (aka limegreen1?) could explain why they suddenly thought it relevant to dig out 3 year old quotes? Then add some jock-strap type abuse to try and get their kicks?

'Get it right up ye losers'.
From a Chippy Jock Laughing Laughing

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 2-09-10 8:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Haggis_Trap, don't know about 'chippy Jock' but you do seem to have an axe to grind. FWIW, I am surprised they are pushing the Quest, Respect the Mountain was, I suppose, a response to green hysteria that seemed to pervade the media a few years ago. I am unaware of the reps having a bad reputation. And to be frank, I do think there is such a thing as 'a little bit off piste' (though you have to be risk aware) - even though I highly respect davidof, who feels there isn't.
snow conditions
Achilles, no axe to grind - was quite happy to let it lie...

However if losers such as PJSki / SZK wish to dig up 3 year old quotes, and accuse 'jock-straps' of 'pissing in the window of radio rentals' for summer kicks then they will clearly get it back in spades

Bode Swiller can take a hike too - Native Scots, Doric, Geordie, Cockney or the Queens English are all just equally valid dialects of the same language.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 2-09-10 9:40; edited 4 times in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Bode Swiller can take a hike too
awww Haggis_Strap, now you're being a big old over-sensitive Mr McGwumpy Wumpy Pants. The joke was aimed t'other way round and quite a lot of my DNA is Scottish... and I have skied up there since 1979 including one full season.
ski holidays
Nae worries Mr Swiller, no doubt the snow would have been good back in 79!
The Bart Simpson moonie-emocion can be saved for more worthy recipients Laughing
latest report
Haggis_Trap wrote:
PJSKi, what makes you so sure that I haven't emailled [sic] the SCGB in recent years to highlight that their snow-reports for Scotland are frequntly [sic] made up, factually incorrect or out of date ?

Because they would have replied to you with an explanation as to where the data comes from. I suspect, also, that you wouldn't find any explanations the SCGB could give you very satisfactory and would be quoting them and belittling what they said. The absence of any quotes leads me to believe that you haven't approached the SCGB.

Anyway, the only country in which I have every had racism directed at me is Scotland and, while out and about in England, the only people who have ever racially abused me are the Scots. Pretty odd really, when you consider that I was born in Scotland and half my family are Scottish.
snow report
nice one centurion ! Laughing
snow report
PKSki - for your information the SCGB snow depths for Scotland are extrapolated from forecast data and not actually measured by anyone on the ground. Which is highly inaccurate as drifting plays such a huge role in Scotland. (i.e the figures are totally made up from an office in Wimbledon). I have seen them regularly quote a total of 15/20cm for the upper mountain at Glencoe - when there have been drifts of several metres in the main basin. And that assumes they actually manage to correctly list simple facts such as the resort actually being open / closed.

So far your only contribution seems to be Jock-Strap, Chippy Jock, Pissing in Radio Rentals etc....
Then you start whining about getting how much you hate the Scots and they racially abuse you rolling eyes

If your going to start dishing it out (based on 3 year old quotes as well!) then expect to get some back with interest ? Laughing

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 2-09-10 22:16; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Haggis_Trap, pretty sure I didn't say I hate the Scots. I do hate chippy jockstraps though. I do note your obvious dislike for the English, especially upper class ones from the south.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 2-09-10 19:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
^ try harder - go on I dare you...........
see if you can beat 'Dirty Northern Tw@t' that SZK came up with 3 years ago ?

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy