Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

We've got snow too this morning.

Poster: A snowHead
Woke up to a covering ( we live at 900m) and it's still snowing - Let's hope it's going to be a good year!!

Deb
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You're not jealous are you Gwaelod?? snowHead

Deb
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
djfletcher, great news Very Happy Is anywhere near you likely to open soon?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
djfletcher,

Just of for a run on a cold mountain in Wales. No snow in sight, so very Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, Not yet, but I'll keep you updated!!

Deb
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi,

More snow today. The mountains must have about 20cm or more
now.

As Dab said we had a covering yesterday morning but even though it snowed all day the
laying snow melted. The temp was about 3oC. But last night the temp dropped
below freezing ( it is now -1oC) and this morning we have about 6 cm and it
is still snowing!!!

More is forecast tonight and tomorrow. This is very early for snow haven't
even got the snow tyres on yet!!!

I will upload some photos later.

Nigel
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
djfletcher wrote:
I will upload some photos later.

Please do.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
djfletcher, love the pics on your website - you really like the snow don't you? Laughing snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The mountains are completely white, right down low. Saalbach, at 1000m, looks like midWinter:

http://www.saalbach.at/94.0.html?L=1
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitegold,

Torture to watch from a distance Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi,

It snowed all day!! We had 12 cm this morning.

Here are some pictures and video:-

And Youtube:-

http://uk.youtube.com/v/7cpvMb8BJeE

http://uk.youtube.com/v/SVU348kEByw

Nigel
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nigel,

Lovely, are they your kids? Looks like fun snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
djfletcher,

How high are you?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
djfletcher wrote:
Woke up to a covering ( we live at 900m) and it's still snowing - Let's hope it's going to be a good year!!

Deb

You'll be sick of the sight of snow by the time the ski season arrives. Going green
ski holidays
pistemeister wrote:
djfletcher wrote:

Deb

You'll be sick of the sight of snow by the time the ski season arrives. Going green

Aha 900m. Not that high. Hell of a snow covering for that. Green with envy Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
johnboy wrote:
Nigel,

Lovely, are they your kids? Looks like fun snowHead

Yes they are our children. They love skiing although it is getting a bit worrying since they are getting better then us now!!

Yes only 900m- height is not every thing!! but we are in what the Austrian call a snow corner. Especially on a north or north-eastern wind we just get loads of snow. Usually the ski mountain gets double the amount of the mountains in Zell am See and Saalbach.. even though they are not that far away.

For example it has now been snowing here non-stop for over 36 hours!!

The depth of snow is now about 30 cm, and looking at the radar quite a lot more to come!!

http://www.wetteronline.de/dldlradf.htm

Nigel
snow report
djfletcher, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
djfletcher,

Any more this morning?
latest report
Yes- Still snowing this morning!!

I will post some more photos later
snow report
djfletcher,

Excellent
snow conditions
djfletcher, as a natural pessimist (and occasional victim of the Weather God's wierd sense of humour) I wonder if this won't all end in tears.
Is this common October weather behaviour round your way. Do you expect the snow to last. Or will it all be gone by November?
snow report
Jonpim wrote:
djfletcher, as a natural pessimist (and occasional victim of the Weather God's wierd sense of humour) I wonder if this won't all end in tears.
Is this common October weather behaviour round your way. Do you expect the snow to last. Or will it all be gone by November?

Well last year we had snow in early November( even earlier then the year before when we had the worst winter in 50 years-but good for snow!!) but then it all went and you know what happened then!!

This is very unusual to get snow in the village at this time- we even had falling snow in September!! On the mountains you get settling snow every month!

However it does show that Europe is cooling quickly and Russia is cold for this time of year- BUT it can change quickly . We will have to see how it pans out. I don't expect the snow in the village to last for that long. I think it will be gone by next weekend. But on the mountain it will start to give a good base for the season. They must have about 60cm up there now!! That will take a lot to melt!!

Nigel
latest report
djfletcher, you lucky bug Toofy Grin

Do you have any idea what it's like in the gastein valley at the minute? You're fairly close arent you?
ski holidays
Meanwhile just down the road in Schladming, they're planning to open next weekend, though I find it hard to see enough snow will stick aorund.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=30847#740482
ski holidays
djfletcher, great pictures!! snowHead Look like the boys have been enjoying it too!! I hope there's something similar going on over in the Gastein valley. snowHead
latest report
Markus, just had a look at Gastein and it's as you'd expect ... pretty white (although it looks like it's disappearing in the valley)

http://winter.skigastein.com/wetter-und-schnee/live_webcams/index.htm

http://www.gasteinertal.com/webcam/
snow report
Well we had snow flakes in the air this morning - we're at 640 m. I think this is the earliest we've had snow since we've been here (8th winter now) but only by a few days - I seem to recall the first winter we were here I was driving back from Germany in a snowstorm on summer tyres at the end of October.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
seriously envious.....looks fantastic, especially this early on snowHead

Actually been pleased just to see 3 days of frost in october here in the south of the UK, in the last few years that hasn't really happened where we are.

have a great season...when it arrives!
David
latest report
Just check the Gastein cameras again this morning and it looks like it's had a proper go last night!! snowHead snowHead
latest report
Hi,

Snowed on and of all day yesterday but it had started to melt on the ground. But today temp is 0oC and it is snowing again!! Even the road is covered again. But it has forecast 12 oC by the weekend so it will melt by then . Although on the mountains it will not. We must have had about 30cm so far in the village and the mountains must have easily over 60 cm!! Lets hope its a good sign for the winter!!

Here is our local ski slope- unfortunately the lift were not opened but some people had climbed up. This is at the bottom of the lift at village level.

http://uk.youtube.com/v/D5O6ZdwUPSA

My family walking in the snow on Sunday:-

ski holidays
djfletcher, I think i'd have walked up the piste too!! snowHead Looks great but like you say, doesn't look like it will last in the valleys. Fingers crossed for the tops!
snow report
Great pics. That is a serious dump for Oct. Top stuff.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy