Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please help with resort choice ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Hannah.... Bansko in Bulgaria fits most of your criteria.. It has long wide tree lined runs, is uncrowded and queues? (what does this word mean)... The town is very pretty and has over 350 resataurants which all serve really good food. A 3 course meal with wine can cost as little as £5..... The locals are all very friendly even the expats!!! The gondola station is a 2 minute bus ride.. Check out my website for more info..
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rolling eyes ..........surprise............surprise.............. rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dan, just a coincidence I'm sure Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hannah - I second WENGEN(You were all waiting for me to say LDA weren't you?, but it doesn't fulfil her criterea for tree lined ski-ing) and add a tiny little place that almost no-one knows called STEINACH. It's in Austria, close to Innsbruck probably about 45 mins tranfer). It's really pretty, doesn't have a large ski area, but has lots of scope within those relatively few lifts. I should think it's pretty cheap. Wonderful Austrian welcome, tea dancing, but virtually no late night-life, so not too much noise. No tour operators go there to my knowledge but do a seach for "Heini Messner" (yes the great Austrian ski racer) and you'll find his hotel and links to the resort website. They have cannons down to the bottom, so you can always ski down to the town. He runs the ski school as well (or did), and I was quite impressed with that too. One of my best holiday weeks ever.
WENGEN, of course is where I learned to ski (DHO brat), and it's great, but it's not the prettiest town in the Alps. Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski,
Quote:

but it's not the prettiest town in the Alps

True though it's far from ugly, but it does have some of the best views in the world
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hannah - Try Kitzbuehel! Great scenery. Really great skiing for all levels. The skiiable area is enormous. Especially now that they have connected Pengelstein with Jochberg/Resterhoehe. In my (humble) opinion second only to St.Anton. Almost never gets crowded. The only time it really gets full is over Fasching (Carneval). For a quiet life I would stay in Kirchberg. Access from Kirchberg to the ski region is just as good as from Kitz. The Fleckalmbahn has an almost guaranteed zero minute wait! Take a few minutes at the end of the day to sit at the Fleckalm, sip a gluehwein and drink the view across the valley to the Wilde Kaiser. Unforgettable.
If you are looking at switzerland then why not try Flims/Laax/Falera, which is also a surprisingly large ski area which seems to get largely ignored by the British tour organisers. Also great for all levels of skier. Very wide open pistes. If you are looking for something quiet then try Falera.
Alternative (also ignored by the Brits) Scuol. Picturesque Engadin village. Not quite so extensive, but good skiing for all levels nonetheless...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glynis wrote:
. Bansko in Bulgaria ..... has over 350 restaurants which all serve really good food...... The locals are all very friendly even the expats!!! ..

350 restaurants, each and every one serving really good food? And in a ski resort too? Eat your heart out, Paul Bocuse! Bulgaria, the epicurean centre of the world! You'll be lucky to get value for money in 1 in 10 French restaurants in a resort.

The Michelin Man is no doubt booking his flight right now to dash across and select Bansko's first 3* restaurants. Sounds as if he'll be spoilt for choice! Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
He sure will, and probably grow a few more spare tyres in the process
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glad to hear someone mentioning Samoens - I've only been in the Summer but the scenery is stunning. How about thinking if the satelitte resorts to larger areas, such as Villard Reculas, Vaujany and Oz. The first 2 are prettier with the advantages of tree-lined sking, being part of a huge ski area but in a really pretty typical mountain resort away from the 'throbbing' crowds!!
www.villard-reculas.com
www.vaujany.com
www.oz-en-oisians.com
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy