Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Ros To Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
T Bar, Couldn't agree more.

saikee, I have spoken to someone that has skied down Villard Dessus and they said that it was covered in small spruce trees growing through. Am off to Radstadt in the Ski Amade for a few days this season and am really excited about skiing in a totally different ski environment to my usual type of haunt.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CP wrote:
Yes keep away from Villaroger - very slow chairs, nowhere to have a good lunch and the skiing is cr@p there. Stay in 2000 please Toofy Grin

Apart from the 2 restaurants, one at the bottom, next to the empty car park with no queues, and the one a couple of hundred metres up the Aiguille Rouge.....allegedly the longest pisted run etc....and not to mention the off piste choices (assuming the snow is good..).

On reflection, yes, please stay away from Villaroger....don't want it to get overcrowded like the rest of the Paradiski area
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guvnor wrote:
CP wrote:
Yes keep away from Villaroger - very slow chairs, nowhere to have a good lunch and the skiing is cr@p there. Stay in 2000 please Toofy Grin

Apart from the 2 restaurants, one at the bottom, next to the empty car park with no queues, and the one a couple of hundred metres up the Aiguille Rouge.....allegedly the longest pisted run etc....and not to mention the off piste choices (assuming the snow is good..).

On reflection, yes, please stay away from Villaroger....don't want it to get overcrowded like the rest of the Paradiski area

Yes, I would agree to. We made the mistake of skiing that horrible long, oh so very long red down to Villaroger this year. We then had to endure a homemade lunch of pork stew in a traditional french restaurant. Really awful please stay away. It was so awful I think we shall go back in Janaury to check it again. Can't be that bad twice? wink Very Happy

Villaroger is up there with the telepeage. Best avoided. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gwaelod,
Quote:

Villaroger is up there with the telepeage. Best avoided

Totally agree, the village the other end of Paradiski should be avoided for just the same reasons Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"Different slopes for different folks"
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin wrote:
gwaelod,
Quote:

Villaroger is up there with the telepeage. Best avoided

Totally agree, the village the other end of Paradiski should be avoided for just the same reasons Laughing

just seen this thread - what a fun one! I agree stay away from Villaroger and the other side of the area.......... Stay high with no trees especially in a white out
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gwaelod wrote:

Villaroger is up there with the telepeage. Best avoided. snowHead

Too late to save me. I already have the badge, and Villaroger is on my list for next season. (I'll be driving down from nearby)

To address (part of) the OP, you may like to know that these taxis service La Ros:
- Allo Taxi du Petit-St-Bernard
Bontoux Michel
Tél. +33 (0)4 79 41 02 05
mbontoux@libertysurf.fr

- Avec Taxi Jean-Pierre
Tél. +33 (0)6 26 45 94 16
jeanpierre.taxi@wanadoo.fr

I think they are in the valley, possibly Seez or BSM, so probably need booking.

A six day or more area pass for Espace San Bernardo gets you a discount on a day pass for les Arcs (and Ste Foy and Tignes).

Enjoy yourself, whatever you do.

David
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is a taxi actually based in Villaroger....but don't use him, as you don't want to go to Villaroger, for all the reasons pointed out above
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is a bus that runs from La Rosiere to BSM bus station. From the bus station you have to walk along the train platform and over the foot bridge to the funicular ticket office. If you show your La Rosiere lift pass you do get a discount on the Les Arcs day pass but I can't remember how much it was. We went Christmas week last year and it was nice to leave La Rosiere and find some snow for a day !!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Doss,

How long did it all take, thanks snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
From memory it wasn't that long. I think it took about 45 mins as it stops at a few remote places on the way ! We wasn't bothered at the time as La Ros was mainly green and we wanted to get in a days skiing. It picks you up in La Ros outside the building with the wavy roof and the fires outside (Tourist Imformation ?). You also get the bus ticket from this building.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Doss wrote:
We went Christmas week last year and it was nice to leave La Rosiere and find some snow for a day !!

That is the disadvantage of a predominantly south-facing resort during unseasonable warm times.

Thanks for the info about the La Ros-BSM bus Doss.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, Also the disadvantage of having only 3 snow cannons in resort
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, is that right? I'm genuinely surprised. IIRC there are over 70 cannons around Les Arcs.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, La Thuile has lots but La Rosiere has 3 to cover the double drag to the right of the main Piste out of the Front de Neige. That said many Austrian resorts have hundreds of cannon, but it was just too warn to run them even up to February.
ski holidays
Just been referred to this thread to see if it is possible and easy to get to Les Arcs from La Ros for a day's skiing. I'm still confused Puzzled
ski holidays
johnboy,

The summary was there are a few ways, but it did raise the question as to why anybody would be stupid enough to go to La Ros in the first place Laughing wink
ski holidays
I'm dead stupid me. Very Happy And those that know me will testify as to how I just HATE enjoying myself.
ski holidays
gwaelod,

Yeah, but nobody came up with a concrete answer. Just a load of crap about wether Les back bottom is better than La Rosiere, bla, bla, bla.
snow conditions
johnboy, For goodness sake dont let on that you enjoyed Livigno either Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Frosty the Snowman,

Livigno is a terrible place, not snow, crap lifts, foods is expensive. I had a rotten time, I really don't know why I'm going back rolling eyes
ski holidays
johnboy, Exactly how can you enjoy yourself without 400+ kms of skiing and folks being rude to you . Call yourself a skier rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
All joking aside. I quite like La Ros/ La Thuile/ Livigno type areas. 100 - 150km of runs. I can get to know the area reasonably well within a week. They are good value and deffo not as busy as the big french resorts
snow conditions
johnboy,

There were lots of options within the posts on this thread from buses to taxi's. Have a read again. snowHead
snow report
gwaelod,

Yeah, but has anyone actually done it?
latest report
gwaelod, ... I would argue that La Rosiere does not have limitations for a keen off-piste skier ... certainly not for 5 days skiing .... assuming that your friend is going to spend one day in your illustrious company in Les Arcs .... Toofy Grin

The place never ceases to amaze me. There is some serious off-piste there and very few skiers, or the 'other people' Toofy Grin actually ski or board it ...... Very Happy .. I ski there and at Ste Foy most weeks. PM if you think she would like to join up with us for a day.

If time is of the essence and especially if the intention is that children & all are going to Les Arcs, then advise taking a taxi to Villaroger. Otherwise a good deal of the day will be lost to waiting for Godot .....
snow conditions
BernardC,

I'll speak to our friend and she what she says. She is going with her new(ish) partner and his kids and he ain't that good a skier so she may not want to leave him for the day.

I doubt if she will come over and join us for the day though no doubt there is a lot I could teach her wink Laughing With 6 days in the area I think it a waste of her time taking a day out in Les Arcs. The only bit I found funny about her rationale in going to La Ros is that it was cheaper and then she talks about booking some heli skiing rolling eyes.

Thanks for the kind offer. I'll let you know snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy