Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to be working at a hotel in alpe d'huez for the winter and would like to just get a little feel for what I will be in for. I've read many of the reviews... most seem good, so I'm pretty stoked about the whole thing. I'd like to hear from anyone who has worked there before, or had extended stays at the resort. Is the nightlife pretty good? I love to have a good time, although I think I will be working almost every evening, which is kind of a downer. But, I look forward to finally becoming a ski bum.

I also have a question about season passes there. I've heard about something called a VISALP pass, but I'm not quite sure if this is only for visitors, or if they sell them for the season as well. The pass includes access to all the mountains in the area, as well as the fitness center and pool (where I've heard you must wear a speedo... what kind of poo-poo is that?) If anyone could help me with the cheapest way to purchase one of these passes, if there even is a cheap way.

Thanks for any help.... Is it December yet?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the Visalp is available for the season. it's cheapest if you buy it before the middle of December

the rumours you have heard about speedos are true - don't worry, they have communal ones you can hire if you don't have your own Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Which hotel?

There's no point in rushing to get your pass before the middle of December, because you'll get a workers discount when you show your contract to the lift office - this gets you half price, rather than the smaller discount you get for buying early as a member of the public. The Visalp pass is the only one available for the season - gets you unlimited skiing in ADH/2Alpes, sports facilities in ADH, days out in Serre Chevalier, Montgenevre, Milky Way, Puy St Vincent. Bring a car if you want to make the most of it.

There's lots of nightlife and armies of seasonal workers of several nationalities. As hotel staff you will probably work most evenings, but unless you're doing bar you should finish by about 22:00 or 23:00 - lots going on after this time as everyone else is in the same boat.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, i was a *proper* bum - hence my ignorance of workers stuff wink

have you heard anything about deals for shareholders in SATA? someone asked me this and I'd never heard of it. i'd imagine getting your hands on a share in SATA isn't exactly straightforward either
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, don't know about shareholders. If you work for them you get a free one for yourself and kids, and half price for spouse, as well as a friends and family discount on daily/weekly passes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

you must wear a speedo... what kind of poo-poo is that?)

Speedos are very small, tight, skimpy mens swimwear which leave little to the imagination. Basically, many frenchman are gay and they like to check each other out. It's their country so they make the rules! rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the ice perv, I thought it was because French women like to know what's on offer rather than wasting their time with extensive flirting only to find that the bloke in question has a tiny winkle.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well you can't beat the mixed full-naked saunas in Austria for a proper view of the goods. I went to one in Bad Gastein and even tho the laydeez had their own separate steam-room there were plenty in the unisex sweat-box. Some weren't bad. I had to start thinking about DIN settings to remain "downhill"! Blush
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the ice perv, Laughing That's where us birds have the edge - no-one needs to know what we're thinking about. Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard wrote:
the ice perv, Laughing That's where us birds have the edge - no-one needs to know what we're thinking about. Cool

one word: nipples
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You wouldn't have liked it Lizzard, apart from one "Greek God" (me!) the blokes were mainly very hairy germans. Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the ice perv, hmmmmmm. The current Mr L is a bald French/English man, so I would probably have to work up to hairy Germans gradually, by way of (for example) slightly furry Italians. Or possibly Swiss blokes with mullets. Or something.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard: I've got a job at a hotel called Au Chamois d'Or. Are you working there this winter as well?

Thanks for the advice on the VISALP pass, I will definitely wait until I get there. Does anyone know roughly what the cost will be? When I was about 14 I was in france with the fam, and we went to a public pool where they insisted I wear a speedo... it was quite a traumatic experience... eventhough I'm like enormous you know... wink I've heard they do this for sanitary reasons, but from my many experiences with french people, they should be the last persons giving hygiene advice. I love French people though, better than Germans anyway. Are most of the seasonal employees from England, or are there a variety from all over Europe?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lasnico17, nice hotel, right on the piste too. Don't know the owners though. I don't work there - I'm hotel manager for a UK tour op in 2Alpes, though I will certainly be boarding over in ADH at various points in the season.

Re the Speedos: you're going to have to wear briefs in the pool - get over it. I'm sure you have huge accessories and a six-pack stomach anyway. Laughing

Feel free to pm if you need any more info.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy