Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How much has your ski gear changed over the summer?

Poster: A snowHead
I feel left out I only have my 2 pairs of skis purchased in summer compared to the array of 8 from little tiger! It seems i need to get my priorities right!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rossfra8,

I'm still shopping! Very Happy

and the best bit is I got all my recent purchases for less than the cost of 1 pair at full retail price Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you want to sell me your Big Troubles, in that case, cash waiting, 1/8th of retail value? Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rossfra8, Nah thanks I'll ski them and see what I think first.... I picked them up for around $280US dollars... Very Happy

the rossis were $150US
the elan slaloms $255
the volkls $250

I forget what I paid for the elan gsx... but not much... The last three have race plates and bindings, and are race stock... the big troubles had no bindings Sad but I got some for under $100 that should be fine for me ....

I will sell off the K2's the stockli sc will I think be rock skis...

Still hunting for more GS skis though Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
little tiger wrote:
I forget what I paid for the elan gsx... but not much...

$137 US,,, one season of light use, race stock, with race plates and bindings. wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FastMan wrote:
$137 US,,, one season of light use, race stock, with race plates and bindings. ;-)

Marker Piston or something else?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex wrote:
FastMan wrote:
$137 US,,, one season of light use, race stock, with race plates and bindings. wink

Marker Piston or something else?

Elan ER. Actually a tyrolia under Elan nameplate. It's their race binding, which is supplied with sponsorship skis.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rossfra8, you did not tell us what you bought?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rossfra8 wrote:
I feel left out I only have my 2 pairs of skis purchased in summer compared to the array of 8 from little tiger! It seems i need to get my priorities right!!

Don't feel left out. That is a good start, and there's still time to catch up! snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
little tiger wrote:
Rossfra8, you did not tell us what you bought?

yea, tell us what you bought..........

Also, in an attempt to answer the thread question...........
Is it different than you imagined at the end of the season?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nordica SM 10 boots.
NF Decagon jacket#
NF Monte Cargo Pants
Salomon Propeller CP Gloves
Barts Beanie
Smartwhool socks
Blizzard Tech Base layers

+

dakine container

No wonder im skint. Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
little tiger, Nordica Hot Rod Modifieds-Doing my ski instructor course and decided these would be stiff enough, but not too stiff, to allow me to snowplow all day! Salomon Falcon Race boots, Spyder Bormio pants, currently looking for something along the lines of K2 Seths but money is tight (I am a student taking a year out). Numerous other bits and pieces but they were my big expenses, oh and a dakine 60/40 split roller convertable thing! SnowHot, it is very very different from what I imagined as I wasn't going to buy boots, but i just could resist the shiny redness!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rossfra8, Sounds good...
about the same radius as my cheater GS skis from last year then... but wider waist... my friend likes Nordica skis....

Ok so that is about 280pounds with bindings versus my 385pounds for 4 pairs with bindings... Ok - I'm a big spender Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
little tiger, they were more an impulse buy in Banff, needed something new to go with my new boots!! Plus ski stuff is so so expensive in Scotland!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rossfra8, Mine are impulse buys because they are so cheap Twisted Evil

I have known I would need to replace the stocklis at some stage... and back home we ski a slalom ski for an everyday ski quite often... so I have been looking for a slalom race ski for a bit....

If I want my Platinum Nastar medal and to keep dropping my handicap then I probably need to be comfortable on a GS ski in the more open courses... and I may need to look at a race suit Shocked

There have been some great prices on good skis.... so I'm spending up....
snow conditions
Sorry where do you get these from? If only i had your resources!! Spyder were doing last seasons U.S team suits cheap for a while, dont know if they still are...
latest report
Rossfra8, I have Fastman shopping in the US for me (hence how he knows what I pay)... All the race skis are second hand - but are race stock and have been used as race skis....
snow report
Too good, too good! I can get cheap golf clubs... haha!
ski holidays
Rossfra8, yes you can Very Happy
latest report
P.S big troubles are horrible skis, really nasty on the turn, no edge hold, really heavy-thought id save you the bother of skiing them. I'll look after them if you wish?
snow report
Rossfra8, Yeah I heard they sucked... so I thought I'd use them because my skiing sucks too - so we match Toofy Grin

Thanks for the offer - you are welcome to visit them in Colorado though Very Happy
latest report
i'll keep that in mind haha, ill be in banff for 3 months in the winter just send them up the rockies! i think my next jaunt is Taos lol
latest report
Got myself a pair of Scott Missions 183s for touring. Toofy Grin

Of course, with Naxo 21s and skins. Crampons as well.
snow report
Rossfra8, You could do worse than visit Fastman if you want to get your free skiing up to scratch for instructor certs... and especially if you want to sit a race test...
latest report
Is this a private conversation, or can outsiders join in? Laughing

I bought a new pair of pants (or sallooppeetteesss - no idea on the spelling) - I think they are Eider. All due to my ever-expanding waistline.

...speaking of salopettes, a bit of etymology has me wondering what that word really means. I mean, it looks french, but if you break it down, the "ette" bit would imply small, or little. And the other bit... well, let's just leave it at "doubting the wedded state of someone's parents"
snow report
I thought it was shorthand for Shropshire?
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, salopette, fatty (as you seem to have discovered). Superficially it means dungarees or overalls.
ski holidays
Got my daughter a nice new ski suit - in the hope that it will be OK for two years and save us on hire charges! Probably won't be getting anything for myself!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, I was planning on getting my press finished, but it got too cold and I got too busy. So I broke down and bought what was close to what I was building - some K2 Freedoms. So my quiver stands at 2.
ski holidays
RoboGeek, I was on those back in Y2K or so alongside their GT6/Patriot stablemates. Could be a decent ice and reef and igloo ski if you like to steer 'em.

Unfortunately the one full day I had on them was at Kmart during Thanksygive slush, very lifeless in that sort of thing.

Edit: yep, Y2K, found the pix.
ski holidays
sounds about right..

I love my $30 skis though.. I'm finding what I'm comfortable with and these have only been skied 2 seasons as demos before being mothballed. I now have new pants, poles, goggles, hat, used 2 pairs of skis, boots and other goodies all for under $140

New gear might be cool.. but I'd rather buy like this and use my money for more lift tickets!!
ski holidays
RoboGeek, fair enough with an ontogeny recapitulating phylogeny flavour.

Any chance of you coming out east to ski with folks?
snow report
comprex, is your pretentiousness genetic, or did you study it? wink
snow conditions
Genetic, must be, as my willpower is too weak to stand up to the army of Diana Moon Glampers clones. wink
snow conditions
comprex, yeah.. I found I actually increase business by going on vacation!
ski holidays
comprex Surely, one would only stand to be handicapped for true intellectual superiority, not just for the pretentions thereto that one might infer from constant obscure allusions? wink (But I do appreciate learning the odd thing from having to consult reference works practically every time I read one of your posts. Toofy Grin )
snow report
your big words hurt.. now I shall adjust my bindings for 'kill'

Snowhot better look out.. soon I'm going to need a large truck to go skiing too!
snow conditions
Hurtle, self-evidently not sure at all: one is handicapped for having the manners not to insult the intelligence of others by re-iterating and overexplaining what everyone in the state learned, or at least have a certificate stating the learning of, at age 14. wink (But, from a reference work you already own, "The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears" may be cast into "The pretension that one infers is worse than the context one lacks")
snow conditions
comprex, You knew what
Quote:

ontogeny recapitulating phylogeny
meant, and had read Kurt Vonnegut, by the age of 14? I congratulate whichever state is was that provided you with such an in-depth education. Evidently my school, not to mention the ancient university which I attended, left much to be desired. (Actually they did, in some respects!) What's your latest quotation from? Is it Bored of the Rings?

I fear this is turning into a late night (for me, anyway, but I'm seriously jet-lagged at the moment) thread hijack. Sorry.
latest report
Two Towers?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy