Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers Geneva to Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any links for a reliable,reasonably priced private minibus transfer from Geneva to Meribel for a party of 11/12?
Prices seem to vary wildly from the few quotes I have had,with 'geneva ski transfers 'airport taxis coming out at just over 830 euros return.
I personaly feel this is a fairly good deal but they seem to want to charge extra for skis carriage on their website?
I am tempted to leave this box unticked as surely skis are part of your luggage Puzzled
Has anyone used them before? Good or Bad ?
Or has anyone got any decent alternatives?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
why not hire two espaces instead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could try www.3vt.co.uk . I am not sure how competitive their pricing will be however I know they are reliable. They are based in La Tania in the winter and only operate to and from Trois Vallees resorts. We have often recommended their service to customers and always with success.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
5stitcheswe hired a minibus one year to verbier, £45 a head. GREAT
1st evening innocently parked on a grass verge (off the road) outside our chalet,next morning 6.00am £60 parking ticket. rolling eyes
Never used the van whilst we were in verbier as no need.
The night before our 6.00am drive back to Geneva we couldnt find the keys rolling eyes .Rang up Avis who said leave the minibus in
Verbier,they would arrange for it to be picked up but it would cost us £100 extra + £120 for the cost of replacing the keys rolling eyes
We then had to hire a taxi to take us back to Geneva costing £220 rolling eyes
Three weeks after returning to the UK we received an email from Avis to say we had been flashed by a speed camera going through one of those tunnels on the way to Verbier and would we like to pay the £60 fine rolling eyes
Total cost
Minibus hire £360
Parking ticket £ 60
Extra pickup £100
New keys £120
Taxi fare £220
Speeding fine £ 60
TOTAL £1340
So thats £167.50 a head for a party of 8, we could of hired a helicopter for that Evil or Very Mad
So now you know why on the annual lads trip we,now want to totally shirk any sort of responsiblity when it comes to car hire wink
I wouldnt mind but we are all 35 + Embarassed
Hedley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hedley, I recommend Yann Leray Taxi for a reliable service from any destination. http://www.meribeltaxis.com/ They have good english and are very reliable, unlike a lot of other firms..

Others we havent used but have web sites for booking:
Alp Line - English firm all destinations
Alp Transfers - Large French firm all destinations
Geneva Taxi - Geneva airport transfers only
Three Valleys Transfers - English company that comes highly recommended and quotes in Pounds.

Approximate prices in euros for taxis for 1-4 people to Mottarêt Geneva - 280 euros one way.. Additional persons add 10% as a rule of thumb.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm interested in exactly the same route except we're a group of 2 - 4. Are there any forms of public transport that do this route?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nick-o, look here for coaches http://www.altibus.com/

this years timetable

http://www.pleva.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/bustimetablegvatomeribel0708.pdf

EDIT for up to date info

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 18-10-07 14:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hedley, At least you made a profit on the deal though Wink

If your costs are correct (actually only £920) and you did charge the others £167.50 each - you travelled for nothing yourself and made a cool £252.50 on top - nice one Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ray Zorro, never was any good at maths Laughing I worked that out using a calculator too rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another vote for www.3vt.co.uk - we've used them a couple of times, with a party of 11/12 it should be relatively economical.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy