Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Hotel Tyrol in Obertauern?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi There,

Friend of mine want's to take his other half, who has not skied before, to this hotel and wonders if anyone knows if it is near the lifts as the "Where to Ski Guide" for Obertauern says pick your hotel carefully and the hotel are been a bit vague about it's position in the resort. He is going for a long weekend over the kids holidays in Feb and getting a hotel is limited and has found this one. Thanks Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stortfordhal,

Look at Hotel Tyrol website and click on 'Lageplan'. The hotel is in quite a good location, only a short stroll to the Gamsleiten lift, and a short stroll across the road to the pistes which lead to Edelweiss and several other lifts. Very handy for ski hire and some of the livlier apres ski. A pretty good location if you ask me snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stortfordhal, we're going in Jan and have booked the Hotel Schneider http://www.schneider.at/englisch/index.html . Looks to have a great location and highly recommended by Ray Zorro who stayed there last year http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=599076#599076 snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stortfordhal, If thats where he wants to go I'd grab it I don't know the hotel but weekend stays in Feb are often hard to get. I think there is a bus service in Obertauern if it is not convenient.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all. Will pass the info on. Sounds like he should go for it. I was surprised myself he managed to find somewhere at all In Feb for a long weekend during the kids holidays. Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PS.... The Hotel Schneider looks nice!!! snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hi

no ski buses in Obertauern, I have been told. Would also welcome anyone who can direct me to a decent and legible map of the town complete with Hotel positions. The one on the official website is next to useless, - presumeably giving Stordfalhal the issue in the first place
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Didn't use a bus when I was there but I thought there was a bus from outside our hotel may have been mistaken though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
twoodwar, no ski buses - but there's the post bus service if you want to get from one end of the village to the the other or beyond. Not very regular though.
You don't really need a bus because it seems all the accomodation is just a short walk from the piste or lift.
But there are hundreds of taxis!
Logon to the web site www.obertauern.com and request a brochure - I'm pretty sure it's got a map of the town in it.
Hamish
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
twoodwar wrote:
...Would also welcome anyone who can direct me to a decent and legible map of the town complete with Hotel positions. ..

It is easy to check the position of individual hotels.

Go to the website
click on lodgings
click on the category of hotel that you want
click on the name of one of the hotels listed (not their web address)
That gives you a page about the place and on the right hand side of the page, below the write-up is a map reference - click on that and it shows where the hotel is within the village.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The resort/piste map is the worst in the whole of skiing! You don't need the use of a bus in the resort because of the bowl like nature of the resort you can ski to almost anywhere or at least to a lift and then on to anywhere. The taxi's are extremely cheap. We were stuck on the mountain because the only lift were we where had broken down, so we had a little walk to the road and a fleet of taxis arrived to take us back to town, all for the princely sum of two euros each! It is a good resort for apres.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Taxi might be a good option after the night skiing if your are at the oposit end of the village from the flood lit runs
No need for a bus during the day though Very Happy enjoy
First dump of snow today18/10/07
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy