Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel from Grenoble to L2A

Poster: A snowHead
Bonjour Mes Amis!

If one were to arrive in Grenoble by train, what are the options for getting from there up to L2A please? The most cost-effective (public transport?) would be very useful

Thanks ever so Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
VFD busses. Very good, very cheap. You will be able to buy tickets Grenoble to LDA return at the bus station, which abuts the rail station. In theory, I thin you should book in advance, I think, but in practice I have found the VFD web site hopeless, and bought my tickets at Grenoble (airport in my case) without a problem. I strongly suggest you confirm your booking at the LDA VFD office a few days before returning.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anniepen, achilles, has already said it all. However it does depend on timing. The trans isere website is currently down (can you believe it?)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniepen, Grenoble Airport - Grenoble - L2A was about Euros 10 one way, and the Grenoble bus station is attached to the train station and bus leaves from one of the first bus bays (bay no. 5 maybe) as you get to the bus station from the railway station, need to book the return leg in advance to be sure about getting specific time of bus you want
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.vfd.fr/LER-35.pdf

Four buses a day from Grenoble to Briancon, get off at the Barrage de Chambon for 2Alpes. Hitch up the hill is probably by far the easiest from there, though there is a bus service - can't access the timetable online. In theory you must book in advance on the Grenoble/Briancon route, but I've often not bothered and never had a problem.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all - vey useful. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rayscoops, Anniepen.. it is pretty easy to pick up your ticket at the bus station beside Grenoble Train station.. word of warning WATCH OUT FOR THE SILENT TRAMS.. nearly got smacked by one a couple of years ago ha ha.

There is a VFD office in Les2Alpes.. you can book your return ticket when you decide what time you wish to leave. I have never had much problem but I would recommend you get it sorted as early as you can as I have heard of people getting stuck and having to either befriend a local to blag a lift.. orpay a small ransom and get a taxi.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski wrote:
Anniepen, achilles, has already said it all. However it does depend on timing. The trans isere website is currently down (can you believe it?)

If only the web site were as good as the buses (which are excellent). Can't understand why they cannot have a simple, plain useful site.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Briancon bus (via La Grave) is very infrequent (one or two per day) but the Les2Alpes ones are fairly frequent.
Are you getting off the Ski train or French equivalent at Chambery and taking the frequent trains south?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
last years time table

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops, valid from 02 Dec onwards if you have a look. A lot fewer buses than that at the moment.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anniepen, If you get stuck and do get off the bus at the barrage (dam) give me a bell and I'll come and fetch you. Hitching is considered fine in the mountains though. The Grenoble-LDA line is 3030.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, The website has been like that for over a year now! rolling eyes

I did find the current timetables for both last winter and the summer once I realised that site never changes - can't remember how but think it was from another link from the LDA sites
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anniepen, I've the PDF for the PSB period and the buses (line 3030 direct) from Grenoble run:

06:50 via line 3000 with 1 change
07:25 direct
10:00 via line 3000 with 1 change
12:00 direct
14:00 direct
14:15 direct
16:00 direct
18:00 via line 3000 with 1 change
18:30 direct
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque, which day is that for ?? I thought times differ every day
snow conditions
rayscoops, I'm not home right now so I'll post the PDF this evening
ski holidays
Masque, have you sorted out your L2A accom yet??
snow report
rayscoops, I've had a 'Ya gotta chill man' message from admin and a sort of just turn up and give him some money when I get there . . . ok?

I'm just going to go with the flow and turn up on the 26th and trust to admin/easiski/Lutins to cope Toofy Grin

The lift passes for the PSB all start on the 1st so I'll be ordering mine for the 26-31(inc) via the mondial site http://www.mondialduski.com/

I'm going to assume that admin will book us a shared room of some sort.
snow conditions
Masque, I am travelling with a mate and arriving a day later and looking at single rooms anyway so looks like you are sharing with your self for a few days Very Happy over mondial until the hoardes arrive, I would suggest bagsying the best room for you and your unsuspecting room mate when he/she arrives on the Tuesday wink I spoke to Cathy at Lutins today and she was as relaxed as Admin Shocked so just toddle along I suppose
snow report
The off-season bus schedule:

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy