Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pas de las cas,andorra.March 9th to 19th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I off to andorra in march for my first time skiing/snowboarding holiday. Not decided which one i want to try. Just wondering if anyone knows what the snow will be like at that time of year.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jim4571, it should still be ok. You could check www.snow-forecast.com for historical snow data.. or even.. www.skiclub.co.uk

You will have a rock'n'roll time.. I hope you are lucky enough to get one of the super hot Argentinian Female Ski Instructors... they come over to Andorra during teh Southern Hemi`s summer.. much like many Northern Hemi instructors head south during our summer. They are proof that there is a god.. and he is definately male snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jim4571, oh welcome to Snowheads
snowHead snowHead snowHead Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lol il have to keep look out for them, so it wont be grassy then will it. Im dreading getting there and seeing hardly no snow. Do you snowboard or ski me toastie?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I`m a two planker not a gay on a tray snowHead

What are you proposing to do in Andorra.. ski or board?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing im going with 10 of my friends and family,and all of them are skiing except my best m8, hes boarding ,hes been before a few times. I want to try both but the travel agent said i need to decide now for my ski/board hire. Think i might have a go at boarding, or both is possible.

Is that what you call them "gay on a tray" lol
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
if i did choose snow boarding to try, is it possible to learn off your own back, or is it one of those things where you need professional help
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jim4571, skiing or boarding get professional lessons - not your mate.

Ski School in Pas is excellent - use them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep.. I am a ski instructor and work in Canada during the winter.. it is a friendly term.. but yep.. boarders are definately gays on trays... the full name of a skier is a two plank xank (where x = w). Go for whichever one you think will put a big smile on your face and you will be most comfortable with. Lets face it.. it is just awesome being out in the mountains during winter snowHead .. skiers and boarders on the whole have a friendly relationship.. there are however the odd diehards on both sides who try to ruin it for everyone Evil or Very Mad

My experience is this:

Skiing - it is initially easier to get used to the balance and slidding sensation needed as you have independent foot movement ie. not both strapped to the same plank of wood! You also face the way you travel. Long term however it is more challenging to become an expert skier than it is a boarder. I know that sounds like a sweeping generalisation.. but unfortunately it is true. I have been quoted as saying skiing is better than sex... this still holds up in most situations.. apart from that Polish girl...dang!

Boarding - be prepared for a period of frustration as you try to balance on a slippery tray with both feet strapped to it. After the initial difficulties of balance and posture are sorted it gets better... warning.. be prepared for potentially sore wrists and a mild aching on your tail bone. Falling can be quite painful.. boarding is awesome fun though when you get the hang of it!!

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jim4571 do not even think of trying to learn to board by yourself. I agree with Smokin Joe, splash the cash and you will reap the benefits.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ok, will do il research the ski schools, think i might have ago at boarding, my friend said it gets frustrating,but after 7 days of it do you think il get the jist, or will it take alot longer than that,

Thanks for your replies
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
3 days and you should be able to do turns, 7 days.. you should have the jist of it Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
does anyone have a rough estimate on how much it would be for snowboarding lessons/instructor for 7 days
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jim4571, A few years back now, I think I paid about €100 for 15 hours of groups lessons (5 x 3hrs). Obviously private lessons will be more. Probably gone up a bit since though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy