Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which sim/ phone for a french ski season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm off to do a season in the three valleys and am trying to sort stuff while I still have cash.

What's my best option - buy once I get there or get a sim online like WorldSIM?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought an Orange phone plus pay-as-you-go Sim from the supermarket in Moutiers. I still have it (6 years on), using the same number etc..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
make sure whatever phone you take is not networked locked - I'm sad enuff to have a skiing phone which is a knackered old Nokia with a rubberised keyboard and impervious to water - my flahier Sony Ericsson died on day one of a trip with a couple of flakes of snow got on it..plus it always worked with the "someone's got a nokia charger" rule, back in the days they were all the same..

then as nightshift says - buy a local prepary sim card from the supermarket, after being there for a few days and figuring what network everyones on/best coverage..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the 0044 mob (on the website of the same name) have a following amongst the snowboard types
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought a sim via www.0044.co.uk or .com cant remember, so that it was all set up and I could hand the number out to mates/ family etc before I went to La Plagne- easy peasy! It can be a week or so before you get down to Moutiers or Bourg where you can buy a sim ( we couldnt buy in La Plagne)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
5stitches, Orange have bought out a new card(multi national) i seem to remember seeing in London, might be handy if your out this way as Switzerland and Italy are only a snowball's throw away.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cheers guys - Nadenoodlee, with the 0044 sim did it cost any more for people in resort to call you?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
5stitches, nope-- its a French Orange sim, so its exactly the same as you'd buy out there, its just a bit more convenient to have the number and it all ready to go before you get out there. No different.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy