Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les deux alpes,courchevel or la plagne?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
easiski, i have Stuart Adamson to thank for knowing what an "alp" is and I did A-level geography. What is the world coming to? Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
NewSkier, just read my post back over and i'm sorry if I sounded a bit bolshy......I just think one to one you go at your pace and you are not hanging around for others etc etc.

Btw, I was 51 first time I skied so welcome to the club!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
northantsred, Very Happy

Yes, I picked 1:1 before for that very reason and could manage the cost because the trip itself was very cheap. Feb half term's another matter, pennies-wise! I picked NewGen due to their reputation of max 8 in a group, and attention the needs of the individual. I also have this logic that a level 3 lesson will offer cameraderie & gentle encouragment of each other and shouldn't have whizz-kids in it, because they will have done their beginner group and sped on past that level in their 1st week!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
its looking like im going to book courch 1850,have you got any hot tips on hotels for me,many thanx
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
notverygoodatskiing, you are a loony.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
notverygoodatskiing, don't forget to book at a quiet time, not the middle of the French school hols. Busy slopes are horrid for nervous skiers (and anyone else, for that matter).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, please dont tell me the first week of feb is
Lizzard, how come?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski wrote:
..... but now they've stopped teaching proper geography how many people do actually know what an alp is???? ....

rolling eyes We have Google, you know. So, easy peasy. Airport layout plan.

Happy to help.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
notverygoodatskiing wrote:
pam w, please dont tell me the first week of feb is
Lizzard, how come?

first week of Feb is generally considered mid season rather than high season and is not in the midst of school holidays.

You will find nice hitels in c1850-what's your budget?

Dan
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
All about Les Deux Alpes...
La Plagne is great , but too busy over the weekends, too spread out and food was over priced.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
notverygoodatskiing, CVL 1850 is expensive, there's not a lot to do of an evening and it's full of gun-toting Russians and their fur-clad hookers. (Actually, the Russians have a degree of comedy value.)

However, if you're set on it Skiworld, SkiVal, Mark Warner and Crystal all have more or less affordable hotels. There are several unaffordable hotels as well - I've stayed in one of them and it was very nice, though it would probably cost about 3000€ for the week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy