Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SCGB Forum latest topic ..... it all begins to make sense

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Any update on this ?

let's hope not.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smokin Joe, Is this waiting for the draw boredom. Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I take it everyone knows that the SCGB forum is now open to non-members again?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bit late for that now Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, Only if you sign up first Very Happy Which doesn't seem to be working today?
http://skiclub.co.uk/signup

Ooh no it works, my goodness it makes snivel look busy Shocked

But it wont let me register as a user Puzzled Takes my details but then clears down the page

Hmm, clever software wont let Bored Surfing register but let me with a 'normal name' I can't see how they can keep D out Toofy Grin

Top Tip: Buy popcorn shares now Toofy Grin

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 15-12-12 18:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, I didn't sign up but was able to view most of it. I notice there was a comment on there about still trying to keep a certain banned DG out of there. Best of luck on that front now it's open to all Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
geepee wrote:
Smokin Joe, Is this waiting for the draw boredom. Laughing

Yes Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My old membership details still worked although I haven't been a member for a couple of years. Not a lot of activity on the forum.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The discussion started:

Quote:
", chat forum to go live in 3-4 weeks and OPEN to All (not just members!"

I hope they've given some thought as to how they'll keep DG out of the place then....................................

Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Swiller, that quote is from the chat forum of the Zoological Society of London (ZSL), which has never thought to keep me out.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Smokin Joe, great thread! Very Happy How on earth did you find it?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Smokin Joe wrote:
Any update on this ? Laughing

u is bad, man! Little Angel wink

Nuffink on tv tonight? Better 1/2 out?
Sits back and waits for settees to rumble .....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agenterre, boredom.......nothing else. Better half is writing Christmas cards ! Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is the February 2004 petition of the 93 SCGB members who argued for the public forum to be reopened ... an action which has now materialised approximately 9 years later ...

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/membersonly/snowtalk/discussion.aspx/The-Ski-Club?discussionID=6347
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Comedy

I'm a member of the SCGB and Snowheads, going on trips with both organisations this season, both have been great ways to meet new folk and share some fantastic days' skiing. As you say the SCGB is (maybe belatedly) opening its forum to outsiders. There is also a section for "members suggestions" accessible to members only, and lots of concern about SCGB members apparent lack of interest in using the forums.

I can't see the relevance of posting threads on a non SCGB forum complaining about the SCGB, especially from ancient history (2004) even before I started skiing. Sure maybe the SCGB could do with a little change and evolution and I expect it will. However these changes need to come from within, from the members. I'm very surprised you haven't used the SCGB's "members suggestions" forum to air your concerns and issues. It almost seems as if you would rather snipe hiding under an anonymous user name on another forum rather than engage in debate within the SCGB?
snow report
It fills me with joy to see all those names fighting the corner......but strangely none of them use their real names now Laughing
snow report
On the rocks, it was a wee wee take
snow conditions
On the rocks, Oh dear , unwittingly (and no fault of your own) you may have just rekindled some old chesnuts .... POPCORN!
ski holidays
Doh! Embarassed
(by the way I did use my real name on Snowheads util recently, but was told off for doing so on the PSB, when I did have to spend a lot on ski repairs)
latest report
On the rocks, He is banned from the SCGB forum and has been for about 5 years (bizarre). Otherwise I'm sure he would be arguing inside that forum.
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
This is the February 2004 petition of the 93 SCGB members who argued for the public forum to be reopened ... an action which has now materialised approximately 9 years later ...

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/membersonly/snowtalk/discussion.aspx/The-Ski-Club?discussionID=6347
Thanks for that link. What a cracking read! Very Happy I particularly love cathy's diatribe against Gerry Aitken.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
I take it everyone knows that the SCGB forum is now open to non-members again?

I guess after more than 8 years since they decided that they had to make it members only they've had some new legal advice.... wink
ski holidays
I have been on the slimming club Great Britain forum for three years now.
latest report
On the rocks wrote:

I can't see the relevance of posting threads on a non SCGB forum complaining about the SCGB, especially from ancient history (2004) even before I started skiing. Sure maybe the SCGB could do with a little change and evolution and I expect it will. However these changes need to come from within, from the members. I'm very surprised you haven't used the SCGB's "members suggestions" forum to air your concerns and issues. It almost seems as if you would rather snipe hiding under an anonymous user name on another forum rather than engage in debate within the SCGB?

On the rocks, a couple of (I hope) friendly points:

1. You are of course, in principle, quite right.

2. The SCGB, which I joined in 1962 in my lace-up leather ski boots*, is the self-defined "voice of UK snowsports". Therefore, while accepting that it is a privately-owned members' club, it is accountable to the public in that capacity. The Club also defined itself as the "spokesbody of British skiers" in its 1995 mission statement.

3. I've been banned from the members' section of the SCGB forum since July 2007.

4. Goldsmith is not an anonymous name. It was my father's name. Is 'On the rocks' the name on your birth certificate? Was it the location of your conception?

* two sets of laces to tighten the inner and outer boot.
snow conditions
[quote="Comedy Goldsmith"]
On the rocks wrote:

4. Goldsmith is not an anonymous name. It was my father's name. Is 'On the rocks' the name on your birth certificate? Was it the location of your conception?

If you read my post more carefully you will find the explanation for changing my Snowheads name from Kevin Stephens last week.
snow report
Can I apologise to all Snowheads and offer my resignation from this forum.
ski holidays
Pedantica wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

Thanks for that link. What a cracking read! Very Happy I particularly love cathy's diatribe against Gerry Aitken.

+1 Very Happy
snow report
snowHeads doesn't accept any form of resignation, retirement, incapacity or death (as I understand it). You're registered for eternity and must continue posting posthumously.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smokin Joe wrote:

Yes and No!
snow conditions
Smokin Joe wrote:

Not before we resurrect your ski trip packing check list just one more time. Then you can delaminate.
snow report
Smokin Joe wrote:

You know that's not gonna happen -

http://youtube.com/v/UPw-3e_pzqU
snow report
The attempted resignation of President Richard M. Nixon from snowHeads on 8 August 1974.

http://youtube.com/v/F7dtRDQrV6c

Nixon was later seen on a snowHeads bash in Val Arabba.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 16-12-12 10:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Remarkably, my old email and password still work Shocked
ski holidays
On the rocks wrote:

If you read my post more carefully you will find the explanation for changing my Snowheads name from Kevin Stephens last week.

Kevin, thanks for being so candid about your name change. With the help of Google Images I've been able to trace several individuals claiming to be you. Obviously it's up to you whether you wish to take part in this identity parade, but maybe you could tell us which one of these mugshots matches yours.

[Incidentally, I'm reasonably confident that none of these people match your identity. According to Google Births there are 3 million people with the name Kevin Stephens, and most of them ski.]
latest report
Quote:

Remarkably, my old email and password still work

don't remember mine. was only a magazine-only sub (**** knows why - the chalet I used to stay in had them all too), since being in exile I'd have go no useful benefits as a full member (at the full adult price). lot's of familiar names in that post.

edit: this gets interestinger and interestinger. Apparently I am still a magazine subscriber, and as such, still receive the magazine. But wouldn't it be good if I gave a mag sub as a Christmas gift to a freind? I know for a fact that I've not been paying, my CC has been changed many times in the life of sH. So someone in Holland must have been receiving 9 years' worth of complementary ski advertorials Wink
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

WTF? no wonder SCGB banned you, get a life
snow conditions
I would like to publicly thank SCGB, though

for in February 2004, you gave me the opportunity to find a great bunch of like-minded skiers from across the UK, the EU, and indeed across the entire globe. Many of whom just want to ski, some of whom have apartments and chalets in the Alps. You gave me the opportunity to go on 7 group holidays, with an 8th planned for February, 1 piste performance skills coaching course, 2 more holidays with friends I'd met on holiday, with a 3rd that I had to sadly decline. I wonder what things would be like now, if that opportunity didn't happen almost 9 years ago? Some of my best friends now are a direct result of SCGB. Wink
ski holidays
andy wrote:
I would like to publicly thank SCGB, though for in February 2004, you gave me the opportunity to find a great bunch of like-minded skiers from across the UK, the EU, and indeed across the entire globe.

+1
ski holidays
^^^ +1 Very Happy
snow report
On the rocks wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

WTF? no wonder SCGB banned you, get a life

Anyone want to share my popcorn Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy