Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How long should a pair of boots last?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
george_1, yeah, don't worry, 120 active days is reasonable as CEM (who would know) for liners. And many people get much much more out of them. (I don't but I have particularly sweaty and thus smelly feet).

Remember though, they aren't going "off" when you aren't using them. If you're doing a season you aren't going to be skiing 9.00-5.00 every day are you?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch, in an ideal world, yes I will.

In reality though, not a chance. I thought the same, Even though I will be there for about 150 days, I will probably end up skiing 75% of the days I have out there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I got 30 weeks (3 years) out of my head boots, but in that time had replacement liners, power strap, plus toe and heel pieces replaced. Sad to see them go, I got some technicas to replace them hoping for extra ankle flex, only to find when I measured my flex it was my ankles not the old boots that were the main problem.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think another factor regarding boot life is the number of times people unbuckle and rebuckle their boots during the course of the day.

I have a pair of eight year old Nordica Grand Prix boots, which are reasonably stiff "advanced" skiers boots, with about twenty weeks use on them and they fit pretty well as snugly as ever. All I have done is replace the heel pieces twice.

I usually go throughout the day, without changing the buckles at all even at lunch time and that has often involved walking some fairly significant distances, as I do not seek ski in ski out type resorts, hence the reason why the heel peices needed replacing. I rarely change the buckle settings during the course of a week or season even. I see so many skiers unbuckling their boots every time they get on a ski lift whilst others unbuckle if they have to walk any distance. Surely that can only distort the shape of the boot and lead to a shorter boot life?

Would any boot fitters care to comment?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy