Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski weeks to avoid in Austria this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

we're planning a couple of weeks tripping around a few Austrian resorts like Lech, Ischgl - western part of the country. In terms of high crowds and cost, what are the weeks to avoid? I assume the week around NY, English/Austrian February holidays? Will Easter be busy/expensive? Not sure of the exact dates of these times this year.

Also, any thoughts about going just after NY for first couple of weeks in January? These should be quiet, and on an average year, snow conditions decent?

thx in advance for suggestions/info.

Ian
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The weeks that will be busy with British kids are w/c 9th Feb, 16th Feb, 22nd Mar and 5th April.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And 2nd Feb is Fasching.

A personal opinion is that early Jan should be fine but occasionally isn't . Late Jan is more likely to be OK. March is likely to have the best base but may be a bit busier and softer low down. I would add that I am more often in Austria in Jan and France Switz in March so this may not be reliable.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thx - risking NY/early January looking like a possibility. March sounds good but thing work might get in the way there Crying or Very sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy