Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

US and Canada Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
I'd love to head over the pond with my mates to go skiing this year but what is the best price i can hope to achieve for a fairly good resort?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
'Piece of string ' springs to mind. You need to look at where you want to go, time of year, type of accommodation, location of accommodation, flights etc.

Give you an idea we stayed in Whistler last year for two weeks Jan. at a cost of £2200 for both of us - that was chalet catering, four course meals + wine & champers, en-suite facilites. Transfers and lift passes included oh and a free lesson if we wanted it Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick-o, thinking the same but want to take the missus over in Jan. Can't figure out where is best: Tremblant for shorter flight; Whistler because everyone says it's so good; Banff because it looks awesome; etc. etc... there's just so much to go for.

Crystal are doing some good deals for less than £500 to Canada at the moment but they have some cheeky supplements on the flights (so watch out) and many of them seem to require at least four people - it seems couples are pretty much expected to pay supplements unless they staty in hotels.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last season Ingham were doing last minute deals to Banff/Fernie and a few other places in Jan/Feb for either £199 or £299............
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, can remember my mate saying the same...the day after we'd booked La Pagne for a week!! Typical rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
After registering for one of the comps I sent off for a quote for 7 days in Whistler (Jan0208) travelling solo . . . interesting result:

Cheapest accom. is a studio sofabed for 1111.28CAD (about £560)
6 day lifftpass 489.72 CAD (about £246)
Best flight price about £350

transfers and entertainments . . . probably another £300

so . . . about £1500 for a week . . . makes the TOs look good value Confused The Canadian Dollar has really hardened over the last year.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque wrote:
The Canadian Dollar has really hardened over the last year.

Time for a regime change then, someone tell their neighbours Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, You can get much better rates on the accomodation - Joern @ Cedar Springs will do a you a single room for less than that on a B&B basis, and he'll ferry you to and from the lifts

http://www.whistlerinns.com/cedarsprings/rates.html (room 1)

And his cooking's fab, and they have a hot tub on the verandah.

We normally try for two weeks in NA as the flights are so long and expensive it makes more sense,

and I wouldn;t go to Tremblant, if you;re going to fly that far fly a little further and get better snow Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nick-o, Banff, the travel to resort time each day is a pain but in January there are invariably cheap last minute deals. The ones kitenski, points too are exceptionally good but around £400 could well get you ten days. And Banff can be a bloody good night out.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nick-o,

Just to be different, I quite enjoy the bus rides to and from Banff to Sunshine & LL. The scenery is spectacular.

January it can be very cold in both Banff and Tremblant. You might want to consider Whistler, since it has a warmer maritime climate.

Specialman,

I couldn't agree more about TO supplements. - How many groups of four want to share one room with 2 beds? (Bob, Carol, Ted, Alice???)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Acacia wrote:
Specialman,
I couldn't agree more about TO supplements. - How many groups of four want to share one room with 2 beds? (Bob, Carol, Ted, Alice???)

It depends. It could mean a room with 2 double bed, or a condo with 2 bedrooms. Not good for the former. But not bad if the later.
Specialman wrote:
Crystal are doing some good deals for less than £500 to Canada at the moment but they have some cheeky supplements on the flights (so watch out) and many of them seem to require at least four people - it seems couples are pretty much expected to pay supplements unless they staty in hotels.

Pair up with another couple then (or stay in a hotel).

I wouldn't bother flying over the pond just for Tremblant. Its main claim to fame is "France in N. America". You can have the REAL thing a lot closer by. Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I wouldn't bother flying over the pond just for Tremblant. Its main claim to fame is "France in N. America". You can have the REAL thing a lot closer by.

- But then you'd miss one of the glories of French-Canadian cuisine.......Poutine.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Go Banff and book direct with companies and you'll save much. Google the Banff lodging company for a range of different hotels.-we did it last year. You pay for the room not the occupancy so it doenst matter if tehre are 1 or 4 people in it!! We did flights with zoom, transfers with "banff airporter" and stayed inns of banff-it was our fourth time back to Banff and cheapest!!! £500 each including flights accom and transfers!! Well worth it if you ask me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rossfra8 wrote:
Go Banff and book direct with companies and you'll save much. Google the Banff lodging company for a range of different hotels.-we did it last year. You pay for the room not the occupancy so it doenst matter if tehre are 1 or 4 people in it!! We did flights with zoom, transfers with "banff airporter" and stayed inns of banff-it was our fourth time back to Banff and cheapest!!! £500 each including flights accom and transfers!! Well worth it if you ask me.

What time of year did you do it for £500? Looking into something Eastertime (prob 2009 though!!)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sweet second week in april! want any info im your man haha once i went Banff i've never been anywhere else. Well excluding andorra in 2004 but tahts enough to make you never go back to Europe!!
latest report
Rossfra8, Don't judge europe by one resort, never been to andorra, but there are thousands of other resorts in europe which can compete with anything NA has to offer.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy