Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you need a Mojo?

Poster: A snowHead
hyweljenkins wrote:
Voted number one ski gadget on tonight's Gadget Show. While I appreciate that Jason is a c__k and gushed over it far too vigourously, the other items featured were, on the whole, garbage so the field of competition wasn't that great.

Apart from the Ortovox S1 of course.... no tranceiver is bad enough to be classed as garbage but the S1 ia awesome.... well, I would say that, I've got one snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So any updates? - Any more snowHead 's tried one? I'm seriously considering one as an alternative to trying to shed 30 Kg and develop thighs like treetrunks Madeye-Smiley snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have just completed my 6 day field trial of the Mojo. Suffice to say that it is a bit of a faff about to put on in the morning (with an arthritic hip) BUT I hope to NEVER ski without it again. A quite brilliant bit of kit for those that need "some assistance" for whatever reason. A full report will follow in due course.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, Key question - does it help with the important 'dancing on a table in ski boots' move? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Axsman, If not, then a quick flick of the buttons will disconnect it Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My field test report is now online http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1180121
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have been using the ski mojo for 2 years now and will never ski without it. I have had 3 lots of knee surgery, the latest being a quadracep tendon repair and was very unsure if I could ski again.

The new version of the device is very discrete and takes about 2 minutes to put on before you ski. Over a big day's skiing I feel no burning thighs and no knee pain at all. I am 61 years of age and was recently in NZ with my 30 year old snowboarder son. I could ski from top to bottom ,run after run, with no problems while his legs were killing him.

I'm sure the device is not needed if you have young legs but if you want to ski longer and more ofter then I recommend you try it.

It's very easy to look at something like this and joke about "stick's up the bum etc" but this is one of the great ski inventions for those with knee problems or for those who hate the burning thighs.

It is a little expensive but what isn't in skiing.

By the way I am Australian and have no involvement with the company. My children gave me the device for Xmas.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oldskiier, Welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
As the originator of this thread a few years ago and being somewhat sceptical of it when I first saw it, I'm glad to hear that you and others have found it useful. Very Happy
Long may you carry on skiing! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oldskiier, welcome to Snowheads. We are old skiers too (rather older than you.....) and my OH has a Mojo. He finds it a little cumbersome, but the new device is certainly better than the original and he does find it leaves him much less tired. What a great Christmas present from your children. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hello, as someone who first saw these and thought they were crazy, due to my background as a bicycle designer (suspension and travel curves/ratios etc), all I can say is they work. My wife's cousin walked in with a 1st generation set and I will admit freely now I said I was scepticle and could have spent £300 a little better. When she returned having been able to ski 3 times more than prior to ski~mojo due to a dehabilitating illness, I paid attention. Then I dislocated my knee shortly after, 2 years ago, pretty badly and yet 12 weeks later I was skiing in the 3 valleys under the ash cloud, right up to blacks, which with the wastage I still had in my affected muscles (55%) was not just impressive, but mind blowing. We went on to stock it, and have sold over 150 sets, fitting most of them on site here. So we have a pretty good feel for the system.

I have had people with bad knee caps, people with no knee caps, MS sufferers (Including a family member), and others - young (Youngest 17) through to in their 80's using these and getting the benefit.

For those that knock it, all I can say is when I was sat 2 weeks after coming out of a splint with absolutely no muscles in my quads and hamstrings, with a holiday fully paid for 10 weeks later, if there is a product that can save your holiday and protect from injury, you will be very grateful for it! Even my physiotherapist who is well regarded in these parts and has a skiing family was sceptical. Now she recommends it to her clients. We have even had knee surgeons in to be fitted.

Now that Martin is spending more time with the product (And we have been giving feedback from customers to him and personally as he lives 15 minutes away) it will only continue to improve, and offer some hope to certain skiers that thought their skiing days were either over or extremely limited.

If anyone has any questions about ski~mojos feel free to contact us here, as we have all used them, and even the guys that are injury free could feel the benefits. They will not be for everyone, but please, and remembering this is BRITISH engineering and BRITISH design, don't knock it until you have tried it. I am the biggest convert of them all. And the new model, you cant even tell it is being worn. My one tip for the new model, get someone to permanent mount it for you, it doesnt damage your boots when done correctly, but it makes fitting each morning so much easier and you are re-assured that it is all in the right place from the ground up.

This is not a sales push, buy it from someone else if not me if you wish, but the satisfaction we get when we hear the positive feedback, and the chance it has given to some customers who thought they just wouldn't be able to ski again is highly rewarding, and the reason I personally endorse this product.

And I can vouch that you forget what thigh burn is too, when I was using it, I never felt any at all, switch it off for a few turns though, and the reminder to get back on the bike and get fit is soon there

ScottyDog
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
scottydog, are the "mojo shorts" going to be available any time soon? I think my OH could do with some advice on fitting. His boots and mojo are in France at the moment but we could bringthem back end October. Would it be possible for you t assist and permanently fix (or whatever) although it wasn't bought from you (was direct from manufacturer).

Where are you based?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They are on the backburner I think with the organisational changes. I will discuss with Martin when I see him.

BUT I have to say, the latest belt pretty much makes the short redundant I think, Don't think I am meant to be talking about it yet but here goes:

*The new belt now has a single piece of elastic connecting to the red section. There are no longer two 'loops' of belt. I was sceptical but a week with it and I found it much better, and holding position. Those with the version II Mojo but the original two piece belt can upgrade this easily, ski~mojo should be able to supply the strap to you.
*There will be a new piece on the belt that clips onto the tip of the top rod, to stop the rod wondering away from the loop it is supposed to be sitting in. The current trick of using rubber bands won't be needed any longer (But it worked!)
*There are some improvements being made to the hinge mechanism to give it smoother external surfaces. Weren't really a problem anyway, but being done whilst other things are tweaked.
*The knee support section is being tweaked as are the strap lengths I think. I also have requested a patella buttress insert that can be put in if needed to give additional protection in a fall and support the knee cap a little with some direction from a physio

None of this is gospel, just things I know Martin is or has been working on, or that we have requested! I will mention the power shorts again though,

ScottyDog
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
scottydog, thanks - ll very interesting.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I love it! wink
Surprising, relaxing, comforting, reassuring...

As well as on the official web site it can also be tested and bought through First Tracks Ski Coaching and / or Privilège Ski Rental Delivery Service based in Courchevel and Three Valleys.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 13-10-11 19:17; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alastair Pink, Scott at Edge & Wax uses them and is a big fan -Potentially you can use SH discount with him or alternatively PM and I'll tell you a secret!
latest report
I met an injured instructor who used Mojo, carved, short radius, off-piste OK
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy