Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

beginners boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a slight problem with my good ladies feet!. I bought her a pair of entry level ladies salomon boots from lockwoods last year all very well fitted and over the course of a couple of hours and all was fine in the shop. Slightly different story on the slopes however and she was struggling to ski past lunchtime. We took them to twinners in la ros where we hired the skis from and the guy did us lots of free stretching and moulding etc but told us the boots were a size too small. Now I'm wondering if the heat, exercise and altitude make enough of a difference to have boots purchased and fitted in the resort for an accurate comfortable fit. I need to get it right this year as she is demanding a new pair and I need to keep her interested for my purely selfish reasons of future guaranteed ski hols. Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ollski,
there are professional boot fitters writing in this forum who would hopefully comment - I just wanted to say it is not unusual for new boots to hurt or be uncomfortable for a while.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ollski, i would think it unlikey that the boots are actually too small, it is hard enough to get people in the correct size without them feeling too small when new, often times shops will say boots are too small to make a sale [the reputable ones won't but there are many both here and in the resorts who will]

step one go back to Lockwoods and seek advice from them, they fitted the boot in the first place, give them the chance to look at them and help you out, if you took their advice in the first place they offer a 2 year fit guarantee, so it is not in there interest to give you a boot which is too small or too big for that matter

.... there is a tendancey for beginners to sit back a bit and this can cause the foot to move forward in the boot making it feel short, the other key factor is exercise and level of fitness, the only way to get fit to ski is to ski, but there are several exercises you can do to gain some flexibility in the ankles and calves all of which can help with the fit of boots.

feel free to keep asking the questions and we will help out as much as possible Little Angel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unfortunately I can't really take them back to lockwoods as they have been stretched and ultimately deformed at the toe by twinners. He did measure her foot though and declared them one size too small and the only reason I took it as accurate is that he was only measuring to lend her some shop boots for the last few days of the hol for nothing. Although he did lend her some lange boots they were much higher up the shin and lasted all of one run rolling eyes. I had my 3rd pair fitted by lockwoods at the same time and apart from a bit of a rub on the outside of one foot they have been fine though I may just get them stretched a touched more when I go to sort out the wifes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ollski, no such thing as can't take them back, if you have had a problem which you have, you had to do something about it what you did was go to a resort shop and they tried to stretch the boot to resolve the problem...... now if you were wanting a new boot or a refund because the boot had to be stretched then there is an argument, if however the boot was too small in the first place then the stretching would have to be done by them or the shop

no shop likes work being done on the boots they sell elsewhere but it is the nature of the beast, it happens!

as for the size / measuring depending on the measure that is used will depend on the answer, when using the brannock measure for example it is a foot measure not a boot measure so it is common to go down or indeed up a size on the measured size, the only true size is the physical size of the foot when shell checked inside the boot, the shop that stretched the shell, did they do anything fro the liner, this is the biggest problem in ski boot length, the liners of most boots are too short for the shells and this makes the boot feel too short .

what is the boot [make & model], what is the sole length [mm size near the heel of the boot low on the side] and what size shoes does your wife buy

really difficult to comment too much without seeing the foot and the boot, but if you are going to the Birmingham ski show 2/3/4 nov at the NEC i will be on the fall line magazine stand, if you bring the boots in i will take a look for you, it may be something really really simple

good luck
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy