Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne new pistes and re graded pistes for 07/08

Poster: A snowHead
RG wrote:
There are toilets on the slope, by example at arrival of Arpette Chairlift.

In fairness to the whole of Paradski, once you know where the toliets are they are clean and fairly plentiful. Also plenty of bars etc.. where you can nip into. Bit naughty if not buying anything but hey ho Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hywel, Stayed in both belle Plagne and Plagne Villages and both were good for different reasons.

BP was good because it has a shorter journey up to the glacier and a nice easy run down into Bellecote that's good for warming up.
PV was good because again there was a great run down into Plagne Centre plus it's more ski in/ski out.

Both have pretty gash apres (BP is the better one) but are cheap to stay in. I'd go for BP is you're a beginner as the sloeps going through it are gentle and good for learning on. PV is better for direct acces to Grand Rochette and gong over to Champagny.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Specialman wrote:
Hywel, Stayed in both belle Plagne and Plagne Villages and both were good for different reasons.

BP was good because it has a shorter journey up to the glacier and a nice easy run down into Bellecote that's good for warming up.

but if you get the timng wrong bellecote is the biggest 'cking traffic stop on the whole of LP domains - nice 'warmup' ski down and get stuck for 25 minutes in a lift line..

Specialman wrote:
PV was good because again there was a great run down into Plagne Centre plus it's more ski in/ski out.

Once you're vaguely passed the basics then it's really easy to get down to Plagne centre and from there the mountain is your oyster (or similar!)

Specialman wrote:

Both have pretty gash apres (BP is the better one) but are cheap to stay in. I'd go for BP is you're a beginner as the sloeps going through it are gentle and good for learning on.

Nothing quite like having you first lesssons using the lifts in the building as a way of getting 'uphill' - it really is something else.

I agree with the comments about the apres - but I'd go for PV as you can always go down to the centre for Apres - whereas with BP you're stuck with what you've got - ok but not that thrilling...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, agree about PV - better apres opportunities in the centre. Plus, there's the bus whereas with BP, you ahve to go down to Bellecote and then wait ages for the bus and then it takes ages to get over to Plagne Centre.

Never had many problems with lift queues in La Plagne when I've been in Jan and March. The glacier is a bit of an anti-climax though when you expect a deserted mountian and there are millions of foks all bashing itno one another to get on the runs. That's why I always preferred doing runs from Grabnd Rocjhette. Anyway, run like 'Le Tunnel' are really for skiers and not boarders so that's kind of why I stayed away from Bellecote.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin wrote:
Hywel,

as promised
Quote:

Confused? You should be

In summary it doesn't seem to matter where you stay Very Happy
(apart from the village we don't mention of course wink )

Thanks to all for your informative replies..... this info is great when you've never visited a resort and others are dependant on your choice.
Only nine weeks to go so I must decide soon. snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman,
Quote:

Anyway, run like 'Le Tunnel' are really for skiers and not boarders so that's kind of why I stayed away from Bellecote

Laughing I thought the boarders enjoyed the walk along to the tunnel wink

A fellow skiing snowHead has managed to schuss from the top to about 6ft into the tunnel before running out of speed and coming to a halt Laughing
Big bloke lots of bulk wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, How did you know wink .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, Yer signature carved into the wall wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah yes I see what you mean wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, Confused Laughing Where's the shaking head sadly smilie Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, .... I know of a fellow skiing snowHead who managed to schuss from the top, on a very bright sunny day, with enough speed up, to carry the skier through the Tunnel to Plagne Centre ..... Cool

.... however, as you are aware there is almost a 'left-90' to access the tunnel and upon entering the tunnel darkness, the skiers grasp on horizon, sense of direction, eventually balance and reality, evaporated - causing a catastrophe of great magnitude, but little damage to the tunnel wall ........ Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BernardC, Shocked Laughing Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BernardC, Laughing Why do I get an image of a box of frogs in a blender Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, ..... you've been watching too much rugby ..... Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I got about three quarters of the way through the tunnel one quiet morning. The schuss onto the flat before the tunnel was a bit hairy, and the "left-90" into the tunnel had to be railed with the precision of Lewis Hamilton. Maybe I'll make it next time Toofy Grin
snow report
Did Le Tunnel once, then found La Source. Never did Le Tunnel again Toofy Grin
ski holidays
gwaelod, Getting to the Tunnel without stopping and dodging the walking boarders is more of a challenge some days Laughing wink
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
gwaelod, Getting to the Tunnel without stopping and dodging the walking boarders is more of a challenge some days Laughing wink

I thought the point was hitting them not missing them Laughing Toofy Grin

Equally as much fun on the main slope on La Source seeing beginners who have got a bit cocky with brown pants Shocked
latest report
I always thought Belle Plagne would be a nice place to stay for a holiday, never thought that about Plagne Villages.
snow conditions
boredsurfin, managed about halfway before conking out. It's still a bit of a mogully run and at the wrong time of day, too many skiers (who can obviously turn much quicker than boarders) and too much ice makes it a bit of a pain.
ski holidays
We are staying in P1800, and it looks like it is the most awkward spot for having a day out over in Les Arcs, if we set out early(9 am will be early for me) how long would you estimate it taking to get across th e other side?

cheers

greg
snow report
northantsred,

I would take a stab at 1 hour to 1 hour 15mins be the other side fo the Vanoise if you ski hard. I am sure somone knows the correct set of lifts to take to get there quickest. Smile
snow report
Notice they have the snow cannons on in the floodlight run above Plagne Centre this morning Cool Cool

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Webcams.htm
snow report
Not surprised to see La Chiaupe has been regraded to black from red, that run scared the crap out of me! La combe is a much easier way to get down from the top of the glacier. That also means technically I did 2 blacks there last year, woo hoo for me! snowHead
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:

there is nothing wrong with walking boarders!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
Mouth, That took a while for you to see Laughing Laughing
snow report
boredsurfin,

Joking aside there are a few runs on the La Plagne side that if you don't pick up speed you got serious walking as a boarders and polling as a skier. St Jaques under Arpette is one. Mad
ski holidays
gwaelod, There also a couple of places where rope tows have been installed to help them out wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin,

First time we were in La Plagne I was skiing like a nutter from L'arpette to Dos Rond and got to the flat bit. I was sweating and polling and cursing and I noticed to my left my mate moving quite fast past me. I though he had cracked this polling thing rather quickly and then I saw the rope......... Laughing Embarassed Embarassed
snow conditions
About to book up with smittenbysnow for a trip to Belle Plagne mid Jan. First time to La Plagne and Paradiski so I'm looking forward to discovering new terrain. Any recommendations on bolt-hole boozers in 2050? Lots of blue pistes - what are snowheads favourite black runs and off-piste runs?
ski holidays
Josef K, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
I dont know that particular corner that well but others here are sure to Very Happy
Have you found www.perso-laplagne.fr yet, probably the best website about La plagne.
snow report
Josef K,

Welcome. Like boredsurfin know that bit to ski through but not stayed there. One of the best spots in the whole of Paradski if you are a mileage freak and want to do the whole of Les Arcs/La Plagne Laughing
latest report
Josef K, Black runs and off piste? Pierre Blanche back down towarsd Montchavin - always quiet and not skied much.
Off piste under the Verdons Nord chair in good conditions.

They are my fave in LP
snow report
Josef K, Welcome to snowheads..... the Saloon bar is one of the most lively in Belle Plagne but there are a few good places with the Matafan a good place for a nice meal great base for the area
ski holidays
boredsurfin, gwaelod, mouth, redrunmarcus,
Thanks all. Flights booked today so the count down has begun. Hopefully plenty of snow to dump on La Plagne this weekend...
snow conditions
Josef K,
Quote:

snow to dump on La Plagne this weekend

Keep watching those webcams snowHead
latest report
Looks promising. Snow and overnight cold temps so they can keep the cannons on is what we want snowHead

La Plagne Metcheck

Les Arcs Metcheck
ski holidays
Josef K, wecome to snowheads.
Belle Plagne. Good choice. Smitten by Snow: where are you staying?
It looks like you are staying in the Les Balcons complex.
I've stayed there: good accomodation, ski-in-ski-out, with hire shop and excellent bar/restaurant attached.
The Maitre Kanter is part of the Balcons building. A lively friendly bar just perfect for that first beer straight off the slopes. The restaurant is well worth a visit. You often need to book.
Then wander into town and start in the Cheyenne with a few Margaritas.
If unable to stand coz you had too many, you can eat there: standard tex-mex stuff, but ok (service can be slow).
Best value eating is the Pizza place (sort of opposite the bakery) - very deceptive in size due to a mirror all down one wall. It's actually quite small and cozy, but the pizzas are good.
Then end your evening in Le Saloon (site loads with loud music playing).
Warning: visits to Le Saloon often result in very little skiing the next day. Cool
latest report
Jonpim,
Not entirely sure of the name yet - self catering this trip. Getting the details this weekend. Cheers for the recommendations, can't wait for that first long, cold one in Maitre Kanter...
snow conditions
Normally have no issues in stealing photos Blush Embarassed of interest from other sites but out of rspect to RG's brillant La Plagne website on their forum this afternoon a person has posted a link to some photos taken in La Plagne recently.

You may need to scroll up to Anne's posting @ 30 Nov 2007 13:56. She has linked in her posting to the photos. Notice in the Les Source on the top right hand corner the now flatter icy wall of death. Boo hiss Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Mad

I know they are a few weeks old but looks lovely and white Cool

http://thermique74.nuxit.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=19458#19458
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy