Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding position on Burnin' Luvs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, my new skis have arrived Very Happy . They are LUVerly (even if they do have girly flowers on them).

I had a thought, then Mr HL said the same thing....the bindings look mounted towards the back of the ski.

What I mean is that the bindings are not centered along the length of the ski, they are a few inches towards the tail. I thought they might be centered if you ignore the tip, but no. Then I looked at the camber (right word?) and the centre of the boot looks as if it is at the apex of the camber.

Does this sound right Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds right to me. Bindings at the ski center isn't normal - a few park riders have theirs mounted in the middle specifically for the park but otherwise...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
possible stupid question, but is this to help 'float' the tips
ski holidays
 brian
brian
holidayloverxx, yes, that sounds right. There should be a mark on the ski showing where the centre of the boot should be.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, aha! I shall look for that. I suppose it will be obvious.....
ski holidays
 brian
brian
holidayloverxx, actually thinking about it, it might be where the boot tip should be. Hopefully it'll be obvious when you look Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian wrote:
holidayloverxx, yes, that sounds right. There should be a mark on the ski showing where the centre of the boot should be.

If your BL's are like my old ones, there is a center mark but there is also an option to move the binding back or forward depending on how you like them mounted.

I preferred mine mounted traditionally, but some women like them mounted forward slightly.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, Hurray!! yours have arrived too, are they gorgeous, have you been tempted to click into them yet? Are you as excited as I was/am!! Bet you can't wait to ski on them Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum, Hers will match your ski clothes too!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnowHot, Yeah, I know someone waved a piccy in my direction the other day so I saw them. I guess you pays your cash takes your chance when you buy something you've not seen before, though I think holidayloverxx, must have seen them or trialled them (maybe at the try the skis day) before she bought them. I bought mine completely blind (probably not the best way to pick skis) and just hoped there were sufficient folks here that would scream at me if they truely thought I was buying wrong. In terms of matching outfits, well I guess I can't have everything - I wonder what I'll change first the clothes or the skis? Mind you I suppose skis are like boot in that its probably best to buy what fits than what matches. I just hope that my skis will fit my needs - they certainly look 'the business', I bet holidayloverxx's, look brill too.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SnowHot, brian, Thanks - found the marker on the ski - they are mounted correctly.

Megamum, they are gorgeous and very shiny (but they do have girly flowers on - this seasons graphics are more abstract). I had tried this seasons at the Cas ski test in 160cm, which were a bit too long so I've bought the 153 which is nearer to my preferred length. I'm told that the performance is the same only the graphic has changed between the seasons. very happy with £225 with mounted bindings and delivery from germany. this seasons are twice the price. I was torn between these and the wave magic (there weren't any short ones on your deal) - you've got a cracking ski, believe me.

As for matching, my new Head Dream Thang 10 boots have yellow bits which match and my hair is sort of orangey red which tones in quite nicely. My apparel is all black so nothing to clash there. wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 11-10-07 22:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, Buying blindly is not bad if you have people you trust who are offering advice.
Another thing is that you got a good enough deal that you can sell them if they don't work out for you.

holidayloverxx, You should really like those skis. And those bindings, though heavy, are really easy to change if you want them set back or forward. Have fun!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy