Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Atomic Boot Camp 3rd Nov - 6th Nov

Poster: A snowHead
Oh yes there is a female range too and although i haven't paid much attention I saw many boots aswell as ski's such as the Atomic Royal Minx
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I tried the Royal and Cool Minx skis at the Glide n Slide ski test at Castleford on Sunday. Not sure if I would buy them but quite happy to ski on them for a few days when we go to Bootcamp.

26 days and counting.....

snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
6 Nov: Sunny, -4 degC, Wind 56mph. Glacial blue ice
7 Nov: Sunny, -7degC, Wind 40mph, Glacial blue ice

Hotel staff and food, brilliant.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
veeeight, You brought the storm with you. Has it snowed yet?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nope.

8 Nov: Sunny, -5degC, but.... very very good light snow cover, good grippy snow conditions on Rosolin.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
we are going out on the 10th dec to the 13th from the north west (wigan) Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ste183, welcome to snowHead
Enjoy it! You'll have a brilliant time!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Awesome trip, great value for money and very relaxed hotel. Personally feel food could be better through becoming simpler, less fancy more mountain food.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am glad you had a nice time, only 9 days before I go Very Happy

One thing I was wondering, is, are the chalet staff English or French ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
They speeeeeek gooood eeeeengleeeesshhh.

They luuurn it frommmm a booook.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pippivixen, English & Antipodian Very Happy but, after the amount of drink our lot got through, Klingon is understood as well. Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pippivixen, that means we'll be out roughly the same time, only 10 days before I go.

I think I have seen some of the chalet staff posting on snowHeads in other threads.

Can't wait, did you see the prediction for 1.0 meter of the white stuff early next week Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowshine, We fly from Luton on Nov 24th Very Happy After the initial feeling of oh heck, what have I done, I am now really looking forward to it, especially as there should be lots of snow ( for me to fall into !). My reservations are only because I have had 5 operations in as many years on my knees / foot and much as I am keen to get skiing again, there is always the worry something may go whoopsie rolling eyes

As for the chalet staff, I have a nut allergy, but I am quite ok to eat food cooked in nut oil, so if they were English and understood me well enough I would tell them just to keep any walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds away from me, I am ok with the rest, but if they have trouble understanding me at all, I wouldn't complicate matters !!!

What are the bar prices like in the chalet ? Embarassed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any one going out on 13th december Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry going out on 10 th till 13th Puzzled
snow report
Hi All
Bit late in replying to this thread, also new to snowheads, but have been lurking for a while.
Myself and girlfriend went out 4th - 7th, and had a great time there.
I can second other people's comments about the transfers/chalet/staff/food all being great & well organised, and the skiing was fine - I'm just getting back into it after a 20 year gap so am easily pleased, and my girlfriend is a beginner, so she had some lessons (arranged through Stewart Woodward) each morning which she really enjoyed.
As has been said, snow cover & quality on the lower slope was excellent, a bit patchy further up. The weather the first day was blue skies & sunshine, quite warm. 2nd day was windy and much colder, with the upper slopes getting pretty bare as the snow was stripped off by the wind, then they closed all lifts early, about 13:30. Last day was less windy so had about a full day although the cable car to the top only ran in the morning.
I'm sure anyone who goes will enjoy it, it's great value and unless you get thwarted by the weather you will have some excellent skiing for the time of year !
Plectrum, I think I may have met your sister, if she was the one kept coming out bumming fags off me...?
snow report
phil625sxc, welcome to snowHeads Smile
ski holidays
Did you feel pressured to try the Atomic gear or was it just a case of turning up and if you wanted to, grabbing some gear to try with no strings attached?

I was looking at going out with the missus late Nov/early Dec but just taking our snowboards (so no need to test any gear) but she's under the impression that there's a catch and the Atomic staff will pounce on us straight away and try to turn us into 'double plankers'!!! I said that it's a typical marketing excersice; get 'potential' punters out there thanks to low prices and the allure of an easrly season trip, and then wow them with all this free gear that thay can try out if they want. It's like the free cheese tasting at Tesco... but only with snow and we aren't expected to eat the equipment!! Very Happy

(*make your responses really, really positive as I'll print this off to show her so she's easily convinced Smile)
ski holidays
rob@rar, thanks !

Specialman, no, not at all - we both took our own boots (having decided to buy some just before we heard about the boot camp, curses !) and were told we could try the Atomic stuff if we wanted. I was going to try a pair of boots one day, but in the end just stuck with mine as;
1. they're new
2. I don't think I'm a good enough skier to be able to tell the difference between 2 pairs of good quality boots
3. If I tried the Atomic ones and they felt loads better than the ones I'd just bought, I'd probably sulk...
4. The time for sorting you kit out after skiing I was always busy (at the bar) Very Happy
It's fairly chaotic for the staff there with people coming and going every day, so I would imagine they would be happy to have less people to worry about kitting out ! The chalet staff who kit you out are more concerned that you enjoy your stay there, and come back for a proper trip in the season, IMO.
ski holidays
Specialman, I don't think there is any obligation whatsoever to try out the Atomic gear-theres already been a few snowheads been out there and i'm sure they would have mentioned it if anyone was being pressurized to try all the kit. Also i don't think it would be in their interests anyway to try and make a boarder try out skis with no ski experience as an absolute beginner wouldn't be able to give them the feedback they are looking for. So i say if you can make it over there then go for it as all of the reports so far have been universally in praise of it and if you get out there between now and the end of the offer you should be able to board on a lot more than just the glacier.

ste183, I'll be there between the 9th and the 12th so i'll see you there-3 weeks and 2 days and counting to my 1st cheeky ski fix of the season and i'm just drooling now thinking of all that tartiflette -mmmm tartiflette NehNeh
ski holidays
Atomic_Mick, phil625sxc, feedback most appreciated.

Am I right in thinking the Espace Killy opens from about the 1st December, meaning if I go before 16th (when the offer ends) I could upgrade my lift pass?
snow report
Yes-thats what i've been told-though i'm not sure how much extra an upgrade would be,but thats my plan too
snow conditions
apparently it's about €35 per day for thge Espace killy but there's no price for upgrades. I'm sure Mountainsun would know.
snow report
Specialman, me and the bloke are going out 29th november and taking our boards- id love to see anyone try to make me ski rather than go on my lovely shiny board!
snow conditions
My friend is taking her own boots, but not her own ski's, my own boots don't fit anymore since I have had the foot operations, so it will be interesting to try some new ones. If I find a pair which are comfortable, can you buy them out there or do you have to order them here in the UK ?
ski holidays
Hi atomic mike see you out there we will have to have a blast round , l was in tignes last january and if it carries on snowing its going to be top skiing and no crowds
we also batter the bar to Very Happy
snow conditions
phil625sxc,

Yes my sister was the filthy smoke hound nicking everyone's smoky joes;)

Specialman,

It is not really that much to do with Atomic to be honest! The hotel's rental agreement is with Atomic so they have the new range of all mountain atomic ski's as well as a good boot range including the top models 110's of the Hawx. My gf is a boarder and so she just hired, also I had an offer to buy the new boots for a 17.5% discount but there was no pressure to do so.

I was wondering why 'mountainsun' the organisers of the trip are offering this deal at such a cheap price and I do not think it is down to any subsidy from Atomic.

The reason we decided on was that it is meant as an introduction to Hotel Les Melezes and Mountain sun, it also fills partly their hotel at a time of year when many others are closed or empty. Although bar prices are quite cheap they obviously make money from clients drinking beers etc.

Whichever / whatever this event was run by truly unselfish hosts trying their utmost to give a great trip to all, it was cheap .... probably 1/2 as much as it should have been even for off season, fun as although when we went early november their was limited snow even at 3000m+, skiing was still really great on the glacier and relaxed .... there is little in my mind as being in the mountains away from the big smoke of city life especially in an off season where there are so few people about.

Great offer and I will be back next Autumn as it is a smart way to crank up for the ski season.
snow report
plectrum, I've tried explaining to the wife that there's no catch... she might beleieve me if I show her this thread!! Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Specialman, If you wish she can send me an email or give me a call! pm for my details .... There is no catch whatsoever, it is a great few days for little expense btu if you havent booked there might not be that much left now that it has dumped.
snow conditions
Bumped into a crowd of eight last week who said it was fantastic value.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy