Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are you wearing them yet?

Poster: A snowHead
As the season is fast approaching I couldn't help but hear my ski boots in the cupboard crying to be out, so this morning put them on just to reasure them they havn't been forgotton about, anyone else as sad as me? Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowbird, looked at them, but not worn them, but will be next weekend at Castleford.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowbird, twice this month (but they are brand new) I may have to see about getting down to the local dry slope for a few hour to properly bed them in Blush
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just bought new ones, Ive been using them at castleford all summer to make sure im happy with them. one of the benifits of living near a snow dome. Can be a bit boring after 2 hours but its good to practice technique and get back to basics.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll no doubt be wearing them later today, as this was the day I set aside for sorting out kit... what's missing, what needs to be replaced, etc.

The question I will pose is: "What did you find in your ski jacket pockets, when you took it our for an airing?"
I found a 35mm film pot full of 1 and 2 Euro coins in mine Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
andy, well the first beers look to be sorted for you then Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf wrote:
andy, well the first beers look to be sorted for you then Laughing

12 Euros it was. Might just about be able to get a small beer with that in the French Alps.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andy, think you must be going to the wrong sort of bar ! Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And they call Switzerland expensive !.......
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There still in the garage from last season. Didn't do anything, to them, not even take the inners out Embarassed I wonder what I will find growing in them when I get them out for Castelford.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just bought a snowboard and some boots...so I had to try the ski boots out whilst checking that I could fit both pairs in my boot bag snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nick Zotov, Hope your garage is not damp I left my old boots in a garage and when I got them out they were covered in mildew. It cleaned off but every year it grew back and the smell was worse than my trainers
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry Nick Zotov, you keep your beloved boots in the garage? Shocked For the benefit of the snails, spiders & other creepy crawlies?? No, you have to rescue them straight away, give them a bit of tlc and keep them in your WARDROBE Very Happy so you can see them every day....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cathy I agree our precious ski boots should not be neglected just because there is no snow around. Come on you lot get them out and let them know its nearly party time. Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
not personally, but...

Smile
latest report
Mine come out now almost every friday night after my weekly pub blitz... much to the amusement of my friends Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Can anyone tell me how to take the linings out? If it differs for different makes and models of ski boot, I *think* they're head boots, but have no idea of the model. I can look though.
snow report
skanky, usually the procedure is to remove any footbeds inside the liner, then open the clips and pull the liner out the shell, often quite difficult to do, plus there are just one or two liners out there that just don't like coming out of their shell.

Try the above with the toe of the boot facing towards you pull the liner out of the shell by grasping it firmly behind the back of the calf area and pulling it firmly towards you and slightly upwards, if it doesn't come out don't force it, but it will be a tight fit.
snow conditions
D G Orf, thanks. I'll give it a try.
ski holidays
I've got my skis in the living room but not got boots out yet.
ski holidays
boots not been out since last trip to Snowdome at Tamworth a few months back Sad
Hope to get them out sometime next month.

Any body here use ankle weights?
May sound strange but we've worn them round the house a few weeks before we go skiing or on walking holidays. Tend to find it get's you used to the extra weight of the boots, so you don't tend to notice when it come to the holiday.
latest report
rob and sharon, I train with ankle weights 3 - 4 times a week, I still notice when I put my boots on. It doesnt seem to make a difference. But it does help to get youu fitter
snow report
rob and sharon, it is the firmly held belief of my friends in Tahoe that walking a long distance in your ski boots just before you ski will improve your skiing, and they refuse to park near the lodge for that reason.

Shocked snowHead Confused

Off course, it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that last run is always an off-piste race for the cold beers and nowhere near the lifts. . . . Laughing
ski holidays
I work 5 floors up and intend to start walking up and sown the stairs to excercise my leg muscles -
Usually have one ski week when we are exhausted, the next ski week is usually 4 weeks down the line when we feel fit enough to tackle the harder runs,
Anybody skiing for more than 1 week must be pretty fit Very Happy
ski holidays
Snowbird, Start training now its worth it no pain the morning after on the first day. reduce the risk of injury espeacially muscle strain. and best of all because your strong and fitter you really do ski better snowHead
ski holidays
Snowbird wrote:
I work 5 floors up and intend to start walking up and sown the stairs to excercise my leg muscles -
Usually have one ski week when we are exhausted, the next ski week is usually 4 weeks down the line when we feel fit enough to tackle the harder runs,
Anybody skiing for more than 1 week must be pretty fit Very Happy

or their training regimes extend to more than walking up and down stairs? Very Happy
snow conditions
Mmm interesting!! I do live next to a swimming pool!!
latest report
My ski boots are out in Switzerland so I won't be trying them on until I get out in January!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowbird, I promise you it gets easier in the second week. The aches and pains disappear and your skiing becomes more instinctive. I’ve found myself standing “knees bent” in my normal shoes, whilst waiting to cross the road, by the end of the second week.
latest report
Well I've managed 5 flights of stairs this morning and I've been up and down to the 3rd floor twice already, a bit exhausted but I will soldier on and let you know at the end of the week how easier it gets!! Embarassed
snow conditions
Snowbird, starting next monday - run up the first flight, walk the rest. Then the week after run the first two flights and so on.

By December you'll be running to work snowHead
latest report
I can confirm Snowbird did the stairs this morning
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy