Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggles??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was wondering what the general thinking on goggle brands is at present, i.e. is there any particular brand leading the way with technology etc etc. I am looking for a good quality all rounder, not too worried about the cost. Anti-fog reliability is important as is ventilation. Secondly in relation to lenses, without having to bring several types, is there a particular lense which performs well in both blue-sky high glare and overcast or snowy flat light conditions.

I like the Oakley Wisdom but I get the distinct impression from their marketing waffle that they are more of a fashion accessory than a top class pair of goggles. I could however be wrong.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lots of fans of Oakley on here. I prefer Smith myself
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have smith goggles and some oakly sun glasses.

Very pleased with both
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have Oakley, but most important is what fits, especially if you wear them with a Helmet. Any of the decent brands are pretty comparable.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fibarjoseph@hotmail.com, ... welcome to snowheads .... snowHead

A vote for Oakley - Wisdoms, I think - I use them almost every day of the season. Lens type is important - I went for the 'low-visibility' lens and use glasses in very bright conditions.

You can use the search facility here for a lot of information in past Threads.

(Is your user name also your regular e-mail? You may wish to shorten it to avoid phishers)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use Bolle Screams. Love them. Also a big fan of Scott goggles.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oakley lenses are second to none as is their customer service. Unfortunately their UK pricing policy makes them very expensive here. Buy in the US if you can.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
are all of your goggles fitted with that foam stuff that makes contact with your face? i've got some bolle ones, and also a set of Smith ones, both with foam and i find after an hours or twos skiing i get itchy goggle syndrome, i guess because the foam has got damp and is irritating the skin on my face. do any manufacturers use a nicer material, like leather or something?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's no such thing as an all-rounder lens; it's either jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none or having more than one lens. There are some light-sensitive lenses coming onto the market, but they've had mixed results from what I've seen in other threads, working well for mid and bright light but not for low light.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
what colour lens is good for flat light ?

We had a day in sunhsine last year were we could hardly see the bumps, but it was too bright to go without goggles
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I use oakley goggles in Flatlight and whiteouts,and use Oakley sunnies on the blue days - havent found anything to better them and as spyderjon, says buy stateside if you can, basically £ for $ Very Happy

But these days other manufactureers will probably be on a par, find something you are comfortable with that will do the job you want it to.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stevev, HI Yellow Oakleys for flat light.
snow report
 brian
brian
I just bought a pair of Smiths from backcountry oulet. Cheap as chips Very Happy I got the sensor mirror ones. Some oakleys on there as well.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I had some Oakley A frames but sold them because they can fog up. I've since got some adidas yodai with orange lenses and rate them highly. Not even my wife (fog machine) can cause these puppies to mist up.
Like Bernard C, I prefer goggles with 'low vis' lenses (orange/yellow) for flat light and dark shades for bright sunshine.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy