Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it important to book ski school in advance?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks a lot to everyone who answered to my previous question about the best resorts for kids. Looks like we are going to Les Gets with SkiTotal. Do you think we should book the ski school for our 4 kids now, considering that we are going during the Feb half term? Or are there always enough instructors available? and which schools would you recommend there? We have difficulties contacting severals schools from www.lesgets.com. They don't seem to return calls.

Thanks a lot again for your help

Elena
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depending on when you go but bearing in mind you are going half term very important to book lessons in advance. Laughing snowHead

This is off season, probably not there?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello - I don't know anything about French ski schools or Les Gets but I do know that almost every skischool shuts up for the summer/autumn so that's why they aren't returning your calls probably! Most ski schools won't open their offices until the season starts. Perhaps send them an email if they have it?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes! book asap!!

Skitotal website says the following, maybe worth a call to them.

Ski school
Les Gets has a large, reputable school, with English-speaking instructors and children aged 3 to 5 have a ski kindergarten. Free ski passes are given to under 5’s. Children over 6 have their own ski classes. Please call our experienced Reservations Advisory Team for all the details.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes.
Book it asap.
Speak to skitotal or wait until the ski school opens for the season.

We went to Morzine ( same area) a couple of years back. I had prebooked my lessons with BASS via email www.britishskischool.com . Our friends hadn't and they had a nightmare. The kids were all in different lessons at different times, as were the adults. Always book in advance.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elena, backing up what the others have said don't delay. Les Gets is very family focussed and kids classes get booked up well in advance. Worth flagging up that BASS Les Gets are only taking bookings for kids who are 7+ from this year. As well as ESF there is another French ski school called 360 international which I've had good feedback for. Don't be put off by their awfull website! http://www.skisurf360.com/english/360.swf
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A few years back I met a family who'd booked a whole week's worth of full-day private lessons for their children because the ski school was fully booked. I hope the tuition was excellent because the cost must have been eye watering.

If the kids aren't up to skiing with the adults, you'd be mad not to book ahead.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Elena, can strongly recommend BASS. More expensive, but worth it. Small class size and British instructors, and good ones (at least in our experience). In ESF at half term classes of 14 are not unknown, despite their claim to have a maximum of 12.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We seems to have a problem here because the youngest is 4 (almost five) and the rest are 5 and 6. BASS looks very good but we are too young for them. Are we too mad to take them so young?

Cheers

Elena
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not mad at all and it's a great shame that BASS have stopped taking the younger ones - they have started at 4 until this season and BASS in other resorts is still taking the younger kids.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elena, As mentioned above 360 is great ski school. They won't actually be in office until end Nov but if you send an email or leave a message on ansaphone they will get back to you. Definitley need to book soon. We have used them on numerous occasions for group & private lessons. Youngest was five when they taught him to ski.
All the schools have a good reputation as far as I know - including ESF though I have seen enormous groups with them at peak times, ie 12+.
Good luck, and book soon!
Louise
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Elena, 360 International every time .... they taught me Shocked I confess a couple of the guys there are now friends . How old are your kids and what is their ability? I may be able to advise who I think most suitable and pm accordingly ...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agenterre, hmm they taught me too! Everything I know! Not sure if I'm their best PR rolling eyes but have had very positive comments on my boys' skiing from other sources. Been a couple of changes on the staff which is a shame but the new guys we have met have been very good. Back there just after Christmas Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy