Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transfer from Geneva to Samoens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're a family of 6 and have recently booked flights to Geneva and accommodation in Samoens over the New Year. As yet we have not made any arrangements for the transfer from the airport and I wondered if anyone here who's familiar with the area could offer advice on the best, and importantly the cheapest way to get there. Is there a bus, train or similar public transport that goes all the way there or should we be thinking about booking a large taxi or minibus for the 6 of us?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
mambo, no train (well not without a schlep across Geneva, about 14 changes and 4 and a half days).

www.altibus.com for a bus, direct from the airport, will be around €60 return.

http://www.natives.co.uk/travel/transfers.htm is a good page for taxis, etc.

Alternatively, you might be better hiring a couple of small cars.

http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/cgi-bin/liveweb.sh/QSearch.w?ctryref=GBR&lang=EN&aff=xOneAccount

Oh, and welcome to snowHead s !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mambo, Welcome to snowHead s, contact the tourist office at Samoens or use their web site www.samoens.com they can arrange transfers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mambo,
Welcome to snowHead 's
I don't know the answer to your question but the lift station is a wee bit away from the village and New Year you may find the busses get pretty crowded. If your family is as organised as mine you may find a car useful to ferry you to and from the lifts (Big Car Park) as well as the airport.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mambo, welcome to snowHead
There are only 3 buses on weekdays and they never fit with your arrivals. 5 on Saturdays.
Try rayslade@pativerdans.com He and his wife run the Auberge de Pativerdans at the bottom of one of the pistes above Samoens, and he can arrange fair price transfers for you.
Or
Mike and Marian Brothers at info@genevaairporttransfers.com
Door to door with no hassles.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mambo, we use Alpybus for clients www.alpybus.com. We have a friend who works for http://www.alp-line.com/en/reservation2.htm. Both seem very good value and we can personally vouch for Alpybus performance. Haven't had anyone use Alp-Line but they seem to be doing very well whihc has to be a good sign.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mambo, the people we use are www.gomassif.com. They are the main transfer people in the valley and offer a very reliable service. Give Julian a shout on +33 (0) 626 07 41 00 or julian@gomassif.com.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I also suggest a hire car. It will make the stay even more pleasant. Unless you are 100m from the lift station or where you are staying provides a driving service...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Family of six makes car hire expensive (MPV/Minibus) but Europcar do a 7-seater Touran very reasonably - just wont be big enough to get your kit in as well - the one way trip is just over an hour - really simple motorway access - Swiss motorway vignette included if you hire on the Swiss side - leave luggage at the train station and come back and collect it - you can leave the whole trolley there - we did (M & D + 5 boys this summer). Car pretty essential in Samoens.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Craggs wrote:
Car pretty essential in Samoens.

I wouldn't go that far. There is an adequate ski bus service, although you may want to research which colour bus goes where before you go.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy