Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swedish Resorts Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of making a trip to 'Are' in Sweden at some point this coming season, and wondered if anyone had been there and could comment on the skiing / resort.

The only real negative thing I've heard is that there a quite a few T-bars / drag lifts - which, as I dabble in the dark-side (boarding), might put me off.

Any info would be v.much appreciated!

[edited for spelling]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Who are you going with? The lads or the other half? If its the lads then Are is one of the greatest resorts in the world. The skiing is pretty good, there's plenty of it if you make good use of the off-piste, there are a few drags but they don't dominate.

Are is all about the mix of skiing and apres though - the Swedes are mad, they ski straight to the bar for the 'afterski' at 4pm, get tanked up until 5, dance like nutters (still in ski boots, hats and googles) until 6, go home for a quick kip and then it all kicks off again at 10pm. Its not just the young crowd either, the afterski bars are packed with the entire town from 4 year olds to 80 year olds which makes for a unique atmostphere.

If you want pure skiing there are far better places but if you want the Scandy experience there's nowhere better than Are.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will be going with the other-half - so I probably won't be seeing too much of the 'afterski' Sad

Where else would you recommend in Sweden/Scandinavia? I've been to Norway a few times (Geilo and Hemsedal) - and had cracking time at both.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are does have a few long drag lifts. Think the longest was in the order of 2km. It has 3 unlinked areas. Not crowdy by Alps standard. Can be quite cold. Lake view fantastic. Nice skiing resort. Night time skiing at the central area too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How's the lift served off piste in Sweden??
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy