Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Residence Le Flocon D'or - Les Deux alps

Poster: A snowHead
I am organising a budget 'second' week for this year and have been putting together prices for a DIY trip. However, this apartment in Les Deux Alps is difficult to beat for the week we want. Does anyone know this place or stayed there? and if you can let me have any views on the place I'd be grateful

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mogs, Not stayed there but can see it from our balcony! Probably okay if you are really, really fit....lots of steps and a long steep walk up a 'mountain'!! :shock. You would have a fantastic view from it though Smile .
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mogs, Fine if you drive - bad news if you come by bus or whatever. Too far up the hill. Certainly ski in, ski out, but no shops, restos, bars etc. Newish though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
oops. Thanks for the info both. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear but sounds like it will be fine for this trip anyway. Can't wait Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mogs, When are you going?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
R32, Arriving 5th Jan. Four of us. Booked lessons with Charlotte and really looking forward to it Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mogs, Sad That's when we leave Sad Sad. Have you been before?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mogs, Take my advice and don't touch the place with a barge-pole Shocked

See this thread for a full account of our nightmare stay there which resulted in a cheque from Thomson (which was good, but I'd rather have had a nice place to stay).

Les 2 Alpes is great but the Flocon d'or is poorly situated and badly maintained, there are plenty of other places and you'd struggle to find a worse one.

I do recognise that some of our complaints arose from the fact that we were re-booked into the 'Residence du Soleil' which is actually next door to the Flocon d'or, but all the issues relating to the location of the apartment (basically a long walk up from the centre and the bus services stops at 8.00 pm would apply to the Flocon d'or just as much. Unless things have changed I'd avoid the place like the plague and if your deal is through Thomson don't do it!.

Hope this helps snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
R32, No Haven't been before. Skied quite a bit in Bulgaria but this is my first time in the Alps. I was hoping to use this trip for lessons and to familiarise myself with the resort for future DIY trips. If all goes well I am hoping to ski more than once a year in future. However....

AxsMan, Thanks for the info. Unfortunataly I've booked now. The intension was to book DIY but this deal was so cheap we couldn't get anywhere near it booking flights, accommodation etc. Maybe I now know why Sad . We will just have to live with it now. Hope it doesn't put me off for the future
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mogs, Well we had a great time in Les2A anyway, and now your expectations are lowered you'll almost certainly be pleasantly surprised - have fun, the skiing and the resort are great! (we have been back, twice!) snowHead Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AxsMan, That's good news anyway. It may suit us anyway as this trip is on a tight budget we are looking to ski and weren't looking for too many bars/restuarants. That's the plan anyway. But things may change!! Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mogs, You'll find plenty down the hill! (it's just the long walk back up that's the killer Toofy Grin )
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mogs, you will have a great time, a bit of a hike will keep you honest Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, AxsMan, Any recommendations on where to eat, oh and where to drink just in case wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mogs, Can't remember the names but there are plenty of Pizza/Pasta restaurants around at reasonable (for the alps) prices. Also, fondue, raclette, and tartiflette in abundance. I'm sure Easiski could recommend some specific places as she's based there. snowHead For a very nice (but not cheap!) meal you could try the Chalet Mounier http://www.chalet-mounier.com Mrs Axs and I stayed there when we were child free one trip and the food was excellent. I believe they serve non residents (definitely not a 'budget option' though ) snowHead
snow conditions
AxsMan, I've been pestering Easiski for all sorts of info. Not got round to where to eat yet but I'm sure I will soon Smile Sorry for being a pest Easiski Laughing I'll keep Chalet Mounier in mind for when I have some female company. Sounds good
snow report
There are loads really, but i liked The Polar Bear pub (big polar bear outside) which was good for early evening beers with a big open fire in the middle of the room and DVDs of big ski thrills and spills, Lutins where I stayed was also good for a bit of a sundowner beer on the terrace or a late beer with the locals who work on the pistes etc, there is quite a lot at your end of town, after the walk down from the lofty heights
latest report
rayscoops wrote:
There are loads really, but i liked The Polar Bear pub (big polar bear outside) which was good for early evening beers with a big open fire in the middle of the room and DVDs of big ski thrills and spills,

Ray means this one Cool

A chill place and the fire is roaring
snow conditions
PisteHead, rayscoops, Looks great. Sounds and looks like my sort of place. We'll make sure we pop in there. Keep them coming. Get me through the next couple of months of waiting Smile
latest report
Mogs, we thought 'Crepes A Go Go' was a really nice place (don't be put off by the awful name!). Very friendly, with great beer & yummy food Very Happy It seemed popular with the locals, too - not just a tourist bar. It's just down the road from the Polar Bear, going towards the Diable Telecabine end of town. In fact, it should be pretty much on your way home - very handy!

Picture here http://www.scam.org.uk:443/l2a_2007/DSCF4176.JPG

I think you'll love L2A, it's a great place! snowHead

Btw, I think this map shows your building
http://www.les2alpes.com/en/hiver/resort-information/station-map.html
It mentions one called the 'Flocon' anyway (no. 20 on the key). If that's the one, it should give you some idea of where you are in relation to everything else Smile
snow conditions
PisteHead, chocolate box charm no less Very Happy
ski holidays
rayscoops, The piccy was taken on an evening I remember well; very cold, very misty, very atmospheric.
snow report
Mogs, 'Le Takeaway' do good pizzas....can also eat in, 2nd vote for 'Crepes a Go Go' Smile .

Sure your accommodation will be fine and as AxsMan said, as long as you're not expecting too much from it....you'll have a great time Cool .
snow report
Thanks for all the info and the positive comments. The accommodation is only for sleeping anyway but always a worry when you suggest a place for others on the trip, you know what I mean? The resort sounds great. 'Crepes A Go Go' sounds good. I like to mix with the locals when away and not just the tourist bars. Is not being a French speaker much of a problem?
snow report
Mogs, "Is not being a French speaker much of a problem?" - not even slightly! (and this is true of just about all the 'big name' French resorts. Not least because most of the bar staff seem to be aussies Laughing ).
latest report
AxsMan, Shows how much I know about French resorts Shocked I think this could be an interesting experience
snow conditions
Mogs, just don't mention the rugby world cup if you your food to arrive at the table ......err....in prestine condition
ski holidays
rayscoops, To the French? Or the Assuies? Both did better than our guys Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mogs, Aussies at the moment .......... nah, just the Aussies
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy