Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski touring guide

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dont know if this is in the right place.

i'm looking for maps/guide book to ski touring. Preferably in the Serre Chevalier area

Any help greatly apreciated
ta muchos Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowangel., .... Try Pistehors for starters. I will see if i have got any references to any publications. Maps will be easily available, but are not a substitute for good local information.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowangel., if you can cope with reading French, check out the Editions Olizane guides. I think the one on the Ecrins should have some stuff in your area. The Toponeige guides have some coverage of that area too (see www.volopress.fr) but cover more extreme routes.

The French IGN maps 1:25000 maps are as good as it gets for France I think - not quite up there with Swiss of British maps though.

Would think you'll be able to find all this stuff in Briancon.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowangel.,
There are loads of books and maps in the bookshops in Brianccon. All in French though, which maybe not what you're after if it's for customers in the chalet.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BernardC wrote:
snowangel., .... Try Pistehors for starters. I will see if i have got any references to any publications. Maps will be easily available, but are not a substitute for good local information.

Hi Bernard

I've done a few routes around there, the Black Sheep, the Davin, Breche Cordier, Galibier, Pointe des Cerces etc. I've not written them all up though. Here is a link to some routes

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Ski-Areas/Brianconnais

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Savoie/Pointe-Des-Cerces-North-Face

There are even some GPS routes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hey thanks all
have bookmarked this page will start looking.

it was for me more than for clients so french isn't really a problem.

Arno, do you mean the blue hiking maps? I have one of them but i know for sure there are other routes that aren't on those maps.

Anyway thanks a bunch, better go read now Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowangel. wrote:

Arno, do you mean the blue hiking maps? I have one of them but i know for sure there are other routes that aren't on those maps.

The blue touring routes are prepared in collaboration with local ski tourers and show some of the easier routes to cols and summits. You don't normally see anything with sustained pitches above 45 degrees shown. You can figure that the routes will be toponeige grades 2.1-3.3/4.1. You can pretty much ski the whole mountain if you are good enough and obviously they don't show routes that have not been skied yet. wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidof,

Quote:

I've done a few routes around there, the Black Sheep, the Davin, Breche Cordier, Galibier, Pointe des Cerces etc. I've not written them all up though. Here is a link to some routes

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Ski-Areas/Brianconnais

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Savoie/Pointe-Des-Cerces-North-Face

..... life is great ... life is good ..... more places to explore .... Very Happy snowHead

... the "Black Sheep" .... should suit many snowHead 's ........ Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowangel., yes - as far as I know, those are as "comprehensive" as it gets for maps. there isn't a French equivalent of the Swiss ski touring maps unfortunately
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy