Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste book

Poster: A snowHead
Is the Paradiski off-piste guide book still available? Anyone know where I can get one?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At the end of last season there were copies available in the book/music store next to the SuperU in Bourg St Maurice. Apparently it is also available for sale in the Les Arcs online shop but that's new I think, and I'm not entirely sure whether it is up and running.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowball,

PM BernardC, he has done quite a lot around there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball, Do you mean "les cles de paradiski"? If so yes it is and I saw it in the summer in Val D'Isere tabac. I have one in my apt on coffee table!!

CAn buy it on amazon.fr as follows

http://www.amazon.fr/cl%C3%A9s-Paradiski-hors-pistes-bilingue-fran%C3%A7ais-anglais/dp/2952249806/ref=sr_1_5/171-8124665-3070640?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1191499517&sr=8-5&tag=amz07b-21
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball,

I bought the 3 Vallees version last year from Decathlon and would assume they have the same for Paradiski.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all - The Amazon I saw when I looked before (I think it says its actually not available and they don't know if it will be in the future).
Don't know why I didn't think to ask BernardC, I was just emailing him.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 4-10-07 13:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just ordered it from the Les Arcs shop. Thanks rob@rar,
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowball wrote:
Just ordered it from the Les Arcs shop. Thanks rob@rar,

Be interested in how long it takes to get to you. It's a lovely book, even if it's only used as a 'coffee table' adornment Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I certainly won't be just using it as a coffee table book. I am doing a holiday based in Bourg St Maurice this next season and though we will be with a guide for 6 days, the first 2 will be on our own. I know Tignes/Val d'Isere off piste well but not the Paradiski. I'm hoping it will suggest places to explore. On the other hand we may meet up with BernardC, so it may not be necessary now... but another year, perhaps.
Meanwhile the other 2 holidays this season will be Engelberg, and the holiday I put in the Trips section (looking for an SCGB Gold standard skier) based in Montgenevre, skiing the Milky Way area and perhaps Serre Chevalier.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowball, I think it will be very useful for that. It includes routes in both Les Arcs and La Plagne, and each route seems well described, including access, hazards which need consideration, etc. Where it differs from other off-piste guidebooks I've seen is that it has some wonderful photography around the domain. I have a copy in my place in Les Arcs and I often browse through it admiring the skills of skiers who are way more competent than I will ever by. Even if I had those skills I'm not sure I would have the bottle to go with them...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hi snowball,

When are you in Engelberg? I'm out there 29th Feb until 3rd March.

I reckon you'll like skiing Paradiski, we hired a guide for a day, but found plenty of other great stuff on our own, I think it's reputation as an intermediates ski area keeps the off piste less tracked out than Val D'Isere, Chamonix etc etc

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We will be in Engelberg 14 - 22 March with guide Fredi Krummenacher.

From Bourg we plan to ski St Foy and probably Val d'Isere and perhaps even La Rosierre as well. Is there anything worth skiing at La Rosierre? wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowball,

will let you know how Rutor is..... wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowball,

Quote:

Is there anything worth skiing at La Rosierre?

...... men have been bolied in oil for less ...... Toofy Grin

.... but yes ..... some good routes - most need a bit of hiking.

When you receive your Paradiski book, have a look at some of the treats which await .... Very Happy

Lets do a big day in February ..... Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ok guys I said it sits on my coffee table but it is not a coffee table book! It gets used for sure! We leave it there for our friends to admire and dream!
ski holidays
BernardC, yes, we must ski together.

I've got the book now. Lovely pictures and inspirational, but the descriptions are vague compared with other similar books - and some very very vague (the majority not enough detail to do the route if you've never done it before). Also it is too big to put in a back-pack (or even a Ryanair suitcase).
Still, I now see it is a wonderful area - I can't think why I kept going back to Val d'Isere but never stayed in these resorts.
latest report
snowball, Off piste website for La Plagne is here
http://thermique74.nuxit.net/index.html
But I would guess Bernards knowledge is more extensive Very Happy
ski holidays
Mouth wrote:
ok guys I said it sits on my coffee table but it is not a coffee table book! It gets used for sure! We leave it there for our friends to admire and dream!

It is a very nice coffee table Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I looked at the Les Arcs part last night with a 1:25,000 map. I must say I fancy the Pointe du Four couloir (at the end of the ridge to the right of the comborciere piste, facing Arc 2000) - route 32 in the book with photo opposite. Is that one you know, BernardC?
latest report
If you're talking about the book of "Les clés du paradiski" the author is Didier Givois, and they have 3 books of "Les clés..." (the keys.....) about paradiski (the original and the first one), and the one about 3 vallées, and the last (available from the past month) about Espace killy.

All of them you can find it in his website: www.givois.com

are they really useful?? I was thinking in doing a present to my brother and I'm not sure which kind of guide are they......
latest report
snowball, ..... I know all of these - that is why I think this is such a beautiful place! It's a matter of picking the right places for the right days & having the right conditions. (T - 22 ... ! Very Happy )

On the 'other side', one of my favourite days out is a variation of Le Cul du Nant - No 62 in the book and how about 'Le Saint Jacques' No 80 - that run takes me home in the evening ... Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy