Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Non package skiing in Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Basically, how easy / is it worth organising my own trip for a week / 10 days skiing in Canada for 3 for us?

Thanks! Nick.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Really easy. Hard to beat mainstream tour op prices based on 4 in a room to many resorts though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Exactly what he said. I organise my own skiing trips to Canada and it is a piece of cake. And for me, it's a lot less than doing it through the tour operator (but that's because I'm on my own, and the hotel room costs a fair bit less than the tour operators single supplement - ridiculous!) So for three, it's probably cheaper with a tour operator.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've never done canada with a tour op. it's always worked out better to do it ourselves, we've been in groups of 6, 8, 12 and 17.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick-o, we were a group of 4, why squash 4 into one room and two beds with a tour op, when you can do it yourself, and get a beautiful large condo with hot-tub. I've done the tour op thing, and even the family suite with a double room and twin proved to be two doubles, which caused a lot of grief with my teen sons having to share a bed. (Offered us spare bedding but we would have had to buy our own airbed Shocked )
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very easy, high accomodation standard and people really go out of their way to help you out. Where are you thinking of?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do a combo of both.

Get a last minute deal with a tour operator to one of the resorts out of the Calgary gateway. You'll be hard pressed to beat the prices they do.

Rent a vehicle as part of the holiday or independent of it. You'll have to do some research on this.

Make use of the hotel for the night of arrival and the next night.

Then go on the road.

Even though you won't be using the hotel you've 'booked' you should still make out like a bandit.

Hope that makes sense.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I looked at Big White, Silver Star and Sun Peaks recently. They're easy - sort your own flights, look at resort website, ring up the resort central reservations, get advice on which accomm block/building and transfers from nearby airports. Then go here and see if you can get the same apartment privately owned cheaper. What I worked out was cheaper than ski independence, ski dream, safari, erna low etc.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great news! So as an example, where do you fly and drive to?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nick-o, take your pick.

have a look HERE for some ideas. I used some smaller tour op sites to suss out things first before booing.
www.alluradirect.com
are good for accommodation in Whistler, and lots of other resorts in Canada.

I preferred Banff even though we were further from the ski slopes.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nick-o, Kelowna International for Big White and Silver Star, you'll need to connect via one of the main hubs though. Vancouver & Calgary for other resorts.

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy