Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

advice for newbie requested about Xmas escape

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all,

can anyone advise me what to do in order to get out of the UK round the Xmas/New Year period?

my ideal ski trip would have the following characteristics

- Europe
- snow, deep enough to ski in - altitude might be nice
- not a resort where anyone uses sledges on the ski runs (this happened last trip, my second, that I went on... St Ulrich Austria)
- a nice chalet arrangement in proximity to the skiing areas, where a single person could have a single room...
- maybe a resort where there are things to do in the day apart from skiing
- maybe a resort where there are things to do in the evening apart from eating
- not too British - would rather have grappa in a refugio than lager in a pub - but am not so afraid of the Brits who have actually chosen to live abroad
- not too family-orientated, perhaps... i.e. some concession to the notion of a person going skiing on their own...

my first trip was to Cortina, with a friend. Cortina's pretty quiet in the evening, but the scenery is superb, it was nice to practise my Italian, the atmosphere was v. relaxed, without excessive numbers or aggression on the slopes... and my friend said some of the runs were OK for a slightly more advanced skier...

Thanks for any help!

Chris
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mrodent, Hi there, we're hoping to drive to La Clusaz just after Christmas to spend the second holiday week there. Real French village, no high-rise/concrete blocks, very friendly. Snow at lower levels may be a problem but we like it there anyway. Only skiers on pistes (the sledgers have their own runs). Cross-country skiing a-plenty & racquettes, ice-skating rink etc, heated swimming pool. Offspring (now parallel) has done her own thing for three years and survived; I'm an enthusiastic beginner !, ie no problem for solo skiers. We drive down, stop overnight en route, and rent an apartment via the websites - all been good so far. Go for it, and enjoy !! PM me if you want more details.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy